Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to YUI Lover: The 1st YUI Forum & Fansite. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

CLICK HERE to join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to start sharing YUI LOVE!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
miwa; 6th Single - 411 - June 29th, 2011
Topic Started: Feb 14 2010, 01:47:12 AM (28,332 Views)
arashiro
Member Avatar

miwa

miwa is a Japanese pop singer-songwriter. She made her major debut under Sony Music Records in 2010 and is managed by Tristone Entertaiment Inc.

Stage Name: miwa
Birthday: June 15, 1990
Birthplace: Hayama, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan
Raised: Tokyo, Japan
Blood Type: A
Height: 149 cm
Instruments: Guitar, piano
Favorite Saying: "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." (千里の道も一歩から)
Cherished Things: Family, friends

Information

miwa was influenced by music from her father at a young age. When she entered high school at 15 years old, she started writing her own music and learning how to play the guitar. miwa was prohibited from having a job, but she secretly worked to save money and bought her first guitar, a Gibson J-45. Soon, she started performing live shows with a friend at places such as Shimokitazawa Loft and Shibuya 7th floor. Eventually, she was noticed by producer Yamamoto Mataichiro who began coaching her.

Currently, miwa is attending Keio University. She will release her debut single, "don't cry anymore", under Sony Music Records on March 3, 2010. The title track is being used as the theme song for the Fuji TV drama, Nakanai to Kimeta Hi, starring Eikura Nana.

Discography

Albums

[2011.04.06] guitarissimo

Singles

[2007.12.24] Song for you / TODAY (indie)
[2008.05.03] Soba ni Itai Kara (そばにいたいから; Because I Want to Be with You) (indie)
[2010.03.03] don't cry anymore
[2010.06.23] Little Girl (リトルガール)
[2010.09.01] chAngE
[2010.12.01] Otoshimono (オトシモノ; Lost Item)
[2011.02.23] Haru ni Nattara (春になったら)
[2011.06.29] 441

Compilations / Others

[2010.12.01] BLEACH BERRY BEST (#10 chAngE)
[2011.01.12] We Love Mackey (#11 Kitakaze ~Kimi ni Todokimasu You ni~)

----------------------------------

More info on her: http://www.generasia.com/wiki/miwa_(singer)
Edited by arashiro, Jul 12 2011, 05:19:42 AM.
Credits to yonghui for my avatar.

chronopaladin91
Member Avatar
YUI=LIFE

Cool she seems pretty good. Good voice.

Reminds me of YUI's old style, which I really liked.

This girl has a lot of potential, I hope she goes far.
Y U I has changed my LIFE!
U
I can change my LIFE!

akuma_tsubasa
Member Avatar
NyAPPY!~YUI-ING

waah her? i saw her somewhere is she is even shorter than AIMI :shock
wow i can see a lot of potential in her too :good
Posted Image

L_JH

After the recomendation in the asian music corner..I watched the ready-debut singer from Sony music,miwa. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9V1ZaiimLgU

miwa make me feel the same as when i first knew about YUI. a singer just debut..
Compare to YUI now, she became a more stable and mature physically and mentally..but YUI still stick her own singer road..

make me feel want to scream!!
20 October 2006. First meet YUI

Manuel
Member Avatar
"Every day is a new journey"

Yep, she's pretty similar to YUI when she debuted, but still with her own style. I like her! I didn't expect that (people told me about Tsuji Shion and I don't like her).

Miwa has things of Michelle Branch and YUI in her own style. That's great!

PS: but YUI's prettier!!! hahaha
I translate YUI songs into Spanish in YUI-es, the Spanish YUI website. ^^

Posted Image

febr1nne
Member Avatar

miwa and YUI?
Actually, miwa is cute, but YUI is better.
:clap

mrsean
Member Avatar
This F%@*in' Guy

She's not bad. I'll be curious to see what else she does.

The obvious comparison to YUI is very unfortunate (for miwa-san). This song, while ok, is not nearly as original as Feel My Soul. It could have been written and/or recorded by many other artists. It's almost too clean and produced, but it's catchy and nice.

And I, personally, could listen to YUI's voice every day. Miwa-san's voice is good (unlike, say, Koda Kumi) and she has good emotion in it, but it doesn't grab me quiet the same.

Apparently, someone out there My Webpageagrees with me.

Wow, album cover = direct Feel My Soul rip-off (or tribute, take your pick).
Posted Image
Dokutsubo Translated

azmikun
Member Avatar
I ♥ ???

umh..why should they compare miwa with YUI, you know YUI is awesome and unbeatable, when you compare miwa with YUI of course you will have high expectation that miwa will as well as YUI.
Yea.. she si quite good but I feel sorry for her because I think she can't be compared with YUI :( just my opinion

ameblo/blog twitter @YUI_photos @YUIfacts

Posted Image

dannialves
Member Avatar
I love YUI

Yeah, I really hate comparisons .__. for Miwa it must be bad too
her voice is good and the music is ok, she can remember YUI in her debut, but to me she isn't as good as YUI XD
Posted Image

L_JH

Actually i am not comparing her with YUI.. I just feel she has the same feel of YUI when I first know about YUI.. It make me feel YUI has apparently grown up to a whole new level.. It's natural, make me more exited to YUI..haha
20 October 2006. First meet YUI

Ids
Member Avatar
-

Oohh does anyone have the mp3? :hee
facebook ----- Japan Blog

myYUI
Member Avatar
i'm a YUI fan for life=^_^=

hMmMm.. about miwa?? i like her debut song.. :clap

About YUI-sama and miwa-chan, these two people really inspired me!! i like them

both!! but YUi-sama is in the top most!! :suki

who has the mp3 of miwa's song?? hehehehe
Posted Image

j.k
Member Avatar
Resurrected

There's too many of these girls already. First, YUI came, then, there comes a whole lot of people with the same style. It's getting "typical" in Japan already.

Which makes me think that's probably the reason why YUI doesn't make much acoustic songs lately.
Posted Image

azmikun
Member Avatar
I ♥ ???

I don't have the mp3, just ripped from youtube.

If u want see her live performance @music fair -->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHPFnIJFjXg

Posted Image

myYUI
Member Avatar
i'm a YUI fan for life=^_^=

here's the link for the mp3..

http://www.4shared.com/file/222448720/b37526fc/miwa_-_dont-cry-anymore-_live_.html

Posted Image

Miyuki
Member Avatar
YUI Argentina!

oh, so sad she's the same style of YUI... but her voice is not as beautiful as YUIs and... also the lyrics aren't so inspiring... :/

but she's really good at the live performance
Posted Image

crescentsaber
Member Avatar

hiya guys, mp3 and lyrics to miwa's "don't cry anymore" is up on my website

http://www.lunarist.com/2010/02/miwa-dont-cry-anymore-single-lyrics/

and apparently stupid youtube has blocked / removed the video, anyone here has any link to miwa's pv ?

Ids
Member Avatar
-

Actually she's really like a fusion of YUI, Kiyoe Yoshioka from ikimono gakari and tsuji shion :good
facebook ----- Japan Blog

dso
Member Avatar
to YUI

mrsean
Feb 16 2010, 01:07:37 PM
Apparently, someone out there My Webpageagrees with me.
There's something funny there:

Quote:

I know its a bit of a stretch since its her first single, but please support her by pre-ordering miwa don稚 cry anymore from the trusty YesAsia ! If we don稚 support her, who else will ? =)

Posted Image
Stereopony-Lover LJ | YUI PROJECT LJ
Preorder YUI's new single "fight" @ CDJapan! ^^ LE RE

GC.
Member Avatar
Are you Red Towel??? YES!!! I am Red Towel!!!

lol the trusty YesAsia
With more and more people debuting in this style makes me think sometimes that YUI is not as unique as she use to be. But what makes YUI different from the rest is that her songs has so much feelings and emotions in it. It feels refreshing each time I listen to her songs.
Posted Image

"昨日を愛せるように今日を生きよう 明日も同じ気持ちでいたいから。"
"In order to love yesterday, let's live today without regrets. I want to live tomorrow with the same feeling as well."

"So you keep your ocean, I'll take the Lake."

**Halalalala**

weirdmedol
Member Avatar
The sunbeams coming through the leaves made me squint.

yeah she's the same style with YUI but with a pink jacket..

she lokks a little bit of yankumi..nakami yukie
Edited by weirdmedol, Feb 16 2010, 11:40:14 PM.
Posted Image Posted Image

arashiro
Member Avatar

miwa's debut song is not bad, I hope her future music is going to be good.

blue cat
Member Avatar
asdf

Since many of you are comparing miwa to YUI, which is understandable, I thought I'd point out some comparisons too, haha. Also, I hope you don't mind, but I'd like to list some that may have already been mentioned too.

On a side note, not that anyone said this but comparisons YUI and miwa are both cute Japanese girls, and are similar in height... those don't count at all, haha. Alright, let's begin!!

------------------------------------------------------------------

YUI vs miwa

1. Both female singer-songwriters / guitarists.

2. Both debuted with acoustic guitars

3. YUI = REAL first name, and artist name. miwa = REAL first name, and artist name.

4. Both SONY MUSIC JAPAN artists.

5. Official Websites. Okay, I thought was pretty funny, check this out. [YUI = www.yui-net.com / miwa = www.miwa-web.com] "net" vs" web"... :P

6. FENDER and GIBSON, two of the most popular, oldest, well-renown guitar brands in the world. YUI uses Fender, miwa uses Gibson.

7. YUI's "mascot" is a bunny. miwa already has a mascot, kinda, haha. It's a cat. Bunnies and Kitties = cute.

8. feel my soul and don't cry anymore - lower cased, three word, english titled debut single... okay, I'm kinda joking about this one. Coincidence? XD

9. Similar 'conservative' fashion sense. This is probably a bit far-fetched, but for what it's worth, it looks like miwa's fashion sense is a mix of old YUI and new YUI. *sorry azmikun, I know there's no old or new YUI. YUI is YUI, but I'm talking about fashion here... just thought you'd know. :) But then again, my bad, I understand it's not entirely fair to judge miwa's fashion sense just yet since she hasn't even debuted yet!! My speculation is just based on what we know from her so far. It'll probably change after her debut... or will it? :P

10. As mrsean pointed out, single covers for both feel my soul and don't cry anymore are practically the same!! I'm sure it was intentional.

11. feel my soul was the theme song for Fukigen na Gene, which was a FUJI TV DRAMA. don't cry anymore is the theme song for Naka nai to Kimeta hi which is ALSO a FUJI TV DRAMA.

12. If you haven't already, watch the don't cry anymore PV. It just screams LIFE PV and again PV. The similarities are unmissable and undeniable, especially the part at the beginning where miwa is lying down on the ground, cuddling with her acoustic guitar, which YUI did in the LIFE PV, haha.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I feel like there were more comparisons... but I can't think of them at the top of my head... In any case, I'm pretty sure that SONY MUSIC JAPAN is attempting to create another "YUI" with miwa, as they are totally riding on the bandwagon with all the female Japanese solo artists and bands out right now. Even though SONY MUSIC JAPAN is responsible for Stereopony and Tsuji Shion as well, it's obvious that miwa is more closely resembling YUI than the others. In other words, I think the whole thing is intentional. In fact, I think SONY MUSIC JAPAN's target audience to promote miwa, are YUI fans.

In light of these comparisons, it's obvious that most of us, if not all of us, will choose YUI over miwa. After all, this is the YUI-Lover Forum, right? :) I like YUI way more than miwa, no question. I remember when I first discovered YUI when the feel my soul PV came out. The vibe I got from her was way different than the vibe I get with miwa. The vibe from YUI was good (though admittedly so, not as strong for me until LIFE came out). But with miwa, I'm just not feeling the vibe at all. It's neither positive nor negative. Though if anything, its certainly amusing to see SONY MUSIC JAPAN really milking this and trying to make another "YUI".

Although, I think that SONY MUSIC JAPAN will definitely want there to be a lot of similarities between both YUI and miwa in the beginning, to establish a similar fan base (the benefit of that being if YUI fans like miwa, then her popularity may be really strong too). However, I get the feeling that later on (after miwa's debut) SONY will start marketing miwa so she'll start differentiating in style from YUI. Hope that makes sense.

Lastly, if anything, I believe that all these comparisons (between miwa and YUI) and all these similar artists coming out in Japan is actually a good thing for YUI and her career. It'll decide whether YUI is just like the rest of the competition, or if she really is the best at what she does, and no matter how many copy cats come her way, she will always be untouchable, undefeated, and #1. I think this is an opportunity for YUI to really branch out and try new things, in order to stay fresh and original, all while retaining the same innocence and integrity that we all love about YUI and her music. :)
Posted Image

Nil_juniors
Member Avatar

The lyrics are good, but I didnエt like much of "don't cry anymore" as I liked "feel my soul".
YUI impressed me much more and in a way that I canエt describe.

I prefer YUI.

Posted Image

Facebook

/\/\r.x
Member Avatar
YUI 是我的信仰,我的爱

Its like when companies in the u.s were making up all of the boy bands( they all sucked btw ). I think YUI's music has changed over time( it got better). Miwa's song is alright but like the other people said it doesn't have the same feelings and emotions that YUI's music has.
Posted Image

arashiro
Member Avatar

I think miwa is the closest that any female artist on Sony has gotten to being the next YUI. But I guess we will have to wait and see as time progresses, whether she is here to stay, or not. Hmm...

Shion Tsuji - I thought she had potential back when she released Candy Kicks (her debut single), and then her 2nd single Sky Chord had the bleach tie-in. But then after that, her career just went nowhere, and it didn't go anywhere. *sigh*.

yui_generation
Member Avatar
YUI for Life!!

because of huge success of YUI, I think Sony want to make "copy of YUI"..It's a part of promotion..people (especially fans of YUI) will curious about the new artist and they will listen the song and watching the PV..but, i feel sad..it's kinda like using YUI's name to increase new artist's popularity..

*makin hari saia makin benci Sony Posted Image *
Posted Image

arashiro
Member Avatar

It seems people on this forum feel she is very similar to YUI in many aspects, and I noticed a thread that someone made on her in the YUI discussion section.

I hope miwa is here to stay, and I hope she is going to be a big artist someday!

Getbackers

Well her songs is quite nice. but i think her high note cant hit it. looks i think quite decent. so far i dunno her character yet. so i think she still doing ok. but YUI will be YUI no matter who comes :D

Kikino!
Member Avatar
YUI IS ALL (to me)

you guys are thinking too much...
The song is catchy but i dont hear anything special... lets wait two or three more singles and decide later...

hey! shes taller than YUI!
Edited by Kikino!, Feb 17 2010, 04:07:15 AM.
Posted Image Posted Image

Chispituta
Member Avatar
HELLO

wow....

there are other people who play guitar. YUI isnt the only one but one of many. there are alot of people who also street preform and such. just because its similar to YUI, doesnt mean that they are copying.

and i love the single cover and to me it looks nothing like the feel my soul pic. cant a singer take a pic with her guitar or could YUI only do that.

you guys are overthinking alot of stuff

yui_generation
Member Avatar
YUI for Life!!

what?! taller than YUI?!..visit her official web
Posted Image miwa is 149cm..so, YUI is shorter than 149 cm?? but,i think YUI's height is 155cm...
Edited by yui_generation, Feb 17 2010, 04:20:13 AM.
Posted Image

wagamama
Member Avatar
Gambatte YUI-san

miwa song's ok..dont cry anymore~i like it. :good
YUI,of course the best^^ :suki
GANBATTE NEE,YUI-chan & miwa-chan^^ :clap
Posted Image

akuma_tsubasa
Member Avatar
NyAPPY!~YUI-ING

i agree with blue cat but serious YL-ers stop COMPARING ! ! i know she is the younger maybe the next generation of YUI but we don't need to make her the Hot Topic here and i bet she won't like how she is refer as the other "YUI" she is herself maybe she is influenced by YUI or SONY's fault but really she has her "own" style and everything :angry end of story
well not really she is one 1cm taller than AIMI of SP but still shorter than YUI who knows she might grow and she hasn't debut yet so theres more to come from her :rolleye
don't cry anymore PV has the IATM feeling maybe same director? or just SONY's doing ? :hee

Quote:

Keiko Kei: waah miwa's don't cry anymore really reminds me of YUI's It's all too much PV and herself as well but the her song is just unbelievable good and beyond amazing XDDD about an hour ago clear
Posted Image

akuma_tsubasa
Member Avatar
NyAPPY!~YUI-ING

theres two thread now kiki or another mods mind joining them together or get rid of it ? :hee
maybe keep both for different reasons :cool discussing about only "miwa" and not comparing her to YUI
Posted Image

gotchi
Member Avatar
☆ カナダの人 ☆

k i had to go preview her b-tracks...

I wasn't a fan of the music video b/c it made me think of YUI ..maybe if they did a diff music video of her in a diff kinda outfit playing the guitar may have given me a better impression without comparisons...? I mean when they did the more 'artistic' shot of her in the cage that outfit looked nice and different...but the fact that she was in a hoodie, jeans and boots..it was screaming YUI to me lol...

I went to preview her b-tracks to get a more holistic opinion...and well the songs are pretty good? I'd say her melodies are ..well they feel quite main steam? It's following typical parameters of when the vocals come in and whatnot..it's just packaged very nicely her songs...

I actually think she sounds like a mix of Ikimono Gakari's melodies (minus the instruments like the harmonica) and well she does use piano/violins very well into her songs and similar to YUI with the guitar thing....but YUI's melodies or well her sounds are a little more unique to me and not as 'conventional'

does anybody get what i'm saying? lol
Posted Image

As if losing my way, get away get away ♪♫

fun YUI Sound Buttons created by Kikino!

gotchi's report of YUI's 3rd~oui I LOVED YESTERDAY Concert in Nagano!
gotchi's report of YUI's Hong Kong HOTEL HOLIDAYS IN THE SUN Concert!

Alicia
Member Avatar
Smile~

gotchi
Feb 17 2010, 07:37:20 AM
k i had to go preview her b-tracks...

I wasn't a fan of the music video b/c it made me think of YUI ..maybe if they did a diff music video of her in a diff kinda outfit playing the guitar may have given me a better impression without comparisons...? I mean when they did the more 'artistic' shot of her in the cage that outfit looked nice and different...but the fact that she was in a hoodie, jeans and boots..it was screaming YUI to me lol...

I went to preview her b-tracks to get a more holistic opinion...and well the songs are pretty good? I'd say her melodies are ..well they feel quite main steam? It's following typical parameters of when the vocals come in and whatnot..it's just packaged very nicely her songs...

I actually think she sounds like a mix of Ikimono Gakari's melodies (minus the instruments like the harmonica) and well she does use piano/violins very well into her songs and similar to YUI with the guitar thing....but YUI's melodies or well her sounds are a little more unique to me and not as 'conventional'

does anybody get what i'm saying? lol
got it!!!

but I have to say that she has a potential.

I'm gonna support her!! :clap
Online accounts:
My BLOG!!!, Alicia's facebook, Alicia's Twitter, Alicia's plurk

azmikun
Member Avatar
I ♥ ???

ow 149cm that's why in the PV she looks so "small" =P

yea she has potential :good

Posted Image

akuma_tsubasa
Member Avatar
NyAPPY!~YUI-ING

she reminds me of Kiyoe Yoshioka from IkimonoGakarai :hee and her b-sides gives me a different feel to her
Posted Image

YUI is all
Member Avatar

YUI is better...ah..ah..ah...

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · J-Music · Next Topic »
Add Reply