Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What do you think about clubbing?  (Read 1967 times)

What do you think about clubbing?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 09:57:14 PM »
Only go to them when you are not sober enough to realise how crap it is.

Offline KiM

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 10:34:00 PM »
Not a big fan my self either.
I might enjoy for 20 minutes, then the depression sets in.
"WTF am I wasting my time here?"

Offline br4d137

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2012, 01:17:50 AM »
what kinda crazy ass club u guys are going to? the ones in the projects? lol

I go to chill, meet people, watch my friends embarrass themselves trying to pick up chicks. get mildly drunk and usually end up having a dance off with some black guys lol.. eh.. its a waste of sleep, time, money.. but i have fun lol

Offline Kysel

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2012, 12:10:50 PM »
Quote from: "br4d137"
(...) watch my friends embarrass themselves trying to pick up chicks (...)
The only time I went to a club that kind of "happened" to me xD, though it was not noticed. We were a group of 3 people and there was a group of 3 girls dancing... We tried to approach to them but one of us saw a friend he han't seen for some time and abandoned uthe two of us, the girls we tried to approach disappeared xD

It was kind of funny, in a way...

Offline Fanny

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2012, 12:50:23 PM »

I go to chill, meet people, watch my friends embarrass themselves trying to pick up chicks. get mildly drunk and usually end up having a dance off with some black guys lol.. eh.. its a waste of sleep, time, money.. but i have fun lol
do u manage to win the dance offs? of cos not, why am I asking... haha!

The trend started for me when I was serving Army. There was a peak phase when I used to go out 3 times a month and then over the years it died down.

Clubbing's alright I guess. You just got to have the right company to go with, or else it will become a slumberfest. It's ok to drink, just moderate your drinking. If you reached your limit, then stop. Don't get drunk, it's a terrible terrible feeling. The way your head and world swirls once you're in that state is crazy. I've only gotten wasted once (on my birthday) and I hated it and I made sure I stopped once I hit my limit.

Clubbing also involves your wallet, so how you handle it is entirely up to you. Sure, have fun but again, there's a limit to fun.

So if you club, club smartly.

Offline CHU-LIP

« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2012, 08:28:52 AM »
Not a fan of clubbing mainly because I am too lazy to dress up to go out. xD

I've been clubbing once or twice with my friends and yeh, I've had fun... but I always felt alittle out of place because I wasn't as dressed up compared to my friends.

Plus, I don't really drink - one or two of my friends kind of pressured me into drinking one time which of course, was not fun for me at all. I ended up throwing up in the end and stunk of vomit the rest of the night. =_= (To some people, this would be considered a good night out, meh)

I prefer going out for karaoke nights with my friends. Singing and screaming badly at songs with friends = better than dancing stupidly in front of strangers. xD

:good
I'll be→ ♪ 「もし孤独に負けそうならねぇ、好きな歌を聴いてみてほしい」

♥ → ♪last.fm → ×twitter → ♫NICOとニュース

Offline MonkOfWar

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2012, 09:20:24 AM »
On the rare occasions I went clubbing.... I never bought drinks. Ever.

I wouldn't bother about fishing for women - they all dismiss me without a second thought and you can't really speak with all that noise going on.

Last time I went was Halloween last year. So bored. Won't ever go again. Damn right I prefer Karaoke but none of the places I've been to have a decent selection of Jpop... no YUI! I'll do the chinese ones I know though.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 09:21:50 AM by MonkOfWar »

Offline gotchi

« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2012, 03:09:35 PM »
yea actually a friend of a friend got shot outside a nightclub....he was just about to sign a contract or smthn in HK as a rapper/singer and he had been promoting in Vancouver here for a while too...it was unfortunate...

Hmm...i cant remember the first time i went clubbing ...all the times i've gone was because i was kinda dragged into it ...i've probably only gone like 5-10 times

I don't drink a lot either i've never been drunk..i prefer having wine over good food and company or a beer or two with some friends. Ever since i came back from italy though, i think i've been slightly allergic to alcohol...which sux...had too much good wine in italy hah!

I also like CHU, am too lazy to dress up haha! It def depends on the group you go with...i enjoyed a halloween one once cos everyone dressed up in costumes and we just all danced around like idiots ...it helps when they're playing good music and not top 20 hits.

I went to vegas a few years ago with a few friends...and yeaaaa thank goodness they were dressed up and all cos we got in for free to all the clubs and we managed to get invited to a couple of tables and got free drinks throughout the night. I feel bad for dudes...they have to spend so much more $ on getting in, some getting ur own private table and getting drinks for girls ...when the drinks are way over priced and watered down.

Funny story, a few of us were in the washroom and this one girl commented on my friend's dress saying how awesome it was and then we found out it was her bday so we wished her a happy bday! She was so happy that she just invited all of us to drink with her. Soooo random. I got a little tipsy that night aaaaand i kinda did things that i would say was a little out of character of me ...  :X

And random ..... i remember this one washroom in the TAO club in vegas..the women's washroom doors were like clear! and if you did not lock it...it would not turn into those frost glaze thing...It was so awkward! i was so paranoid making sure it was locked

but yea...i think i'd prefer ....a house party...i cannot hear or chat in a club.....whatever dudes are saying to me i just smile and go liek YEA COOL OKAY continues dancing/looks away....and im silent cos i cant hear anything...and make sense of what they're saying.  So i'd rather be able to have a good conversation and the clubbing scene aint the place
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 03:16:22 PM by gotchi »

Offline br4d137

« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2012, 03:44:40 PM »
Quote from: "Fanny"

The trend started for me when I was serving Army. There was a peak phase when I used to go out 3 times a month and then over the years it died down.

Clubbing's alright I guess. You just got to have the right company to go with, or else it will become a slumberfest. It's ok to drink, just moderate your drinking. If you reached your limit, then stop. Don't get drunk, it's a terrible terrible feeling. The way your head and world swirls once you're in that state is crazy. I've only gotten wasted once (on my birthday) and I hated it and I made sure I stopped once I hit my limit.

Clubbing also involves your wallet, so how you handle it is entirely up to you. Sure, have fun but again, there's a limit to fun.

yes yes... getting drunk is terrible...

Offline Fanny

« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2012, 04:14:26 PM »

we got drunk on high class bubble tea. beat that.

(note: that was me and brad in Toronto)

Offline MonkOfWar

« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2012, 06:52:22 PM »
The last time I went to a night club for Halloween I was dressed something like this:

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 06:53:14 PM by MonkOfWar »

Offline br4d137

« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2012, 01:16:54 AM »

we got drunk on high class bubble tea. beat that.

(note: that was me and brad in Toronto)
I thought this happened after the bar after drinking the tower keg of beer lol

Offline mrsean

« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2012, 09:34:09 AM »
Quote from: "gotchi"
I got a little tipsy that night aaaaand i kinda did things that i would say was a little out of character of me ...  :X
Interest = piqued :-D

I spend so much time at music clubs working that the LAST thing I would ever do for fun would be to go to a club. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs (and I still call myself a musician?), I'm married so I'm not looking for girls, like CHU and Gotchi I hate dressing up and I generally don't like the music played. Yeah, sounds like a great time...

And if that's Brad and Fanny after bubble tea, I definitely don't want to see them after a pint or two!  =P

Offline br4d137

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2012, 03:47:46 PM »
Quote from: "mrsean"
Quote from: "gotchi"
I got a little tipsy that night aaaaand i kinda did things that i would say was a little out of character of me ...  :X
Interest = piqued :-D

I spend so much time at music clubs working that the LAST thing I would ever do for fun would be to go to a club. I don't drink, smoke or do drugs (and I still call myself a musician?), I'm married so I'm not looking for girls, like CHU and Gotchi I hate dressing up and I generally don't like the music played. Yeah, sounds like a great time...

And if that's Brad and Fanny after bubble tea, I definitely don't want to see them after a pint or two!  =P
its about the same thing...

but naked

Offline Fanny

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2012, 06:50:24 PM »
no you twat, those 2 pics were taken on the last night. the tower of beer was another night. don't remind me of that one, i got forced to down one whole pine of beer. on top of that, we each had a shot of vodka and tequila.