Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why the nice guy never gets the girl  (Read 4642 times)

Offline JustAnotherYUILover

Why the nice guy never gets the girl
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2008, 09:48:54 AM »
"Like lets go back to the forrest gump analogy that you brought up earlier...what was so more attractive to jenny about those stupid guys than forrest himself? Jenny does end up being with Forrest...but why she bother with all those jerks throughout the movie by leaving forrest all to himself? What was attractive about them?"

You can't take out the suffering factor out of everyones' lives. It would be something equivalent to taking hits for someone and causing them to stay in the naive little world. You can always try to educate others but there is no such education as precious as self-experience. Like it has been said before, no manual in this world can teach you what you need to know about self-discovery and self-experience. To put yourself out there to be shot at would be a very stupid thing to do. But to lock yourself up would also be a foolish thing to do. By accepting both the coming and going of things, you should be well enough equipped to tackle most of life's obstacles (in this case, love relationships).

Just remember this though for future reference:

Jerks have the potential to become leaders well beyond you and I.

The same obnoxious man who's a loudspeaker and a jerk can also be the courageous man who leads many people out of a blazing fire.

Nice guys have the potential to become scums on the face of the earth.

The same saint who might help you the first time you meet him can change in a blink of an eye.

Identity is transitory, therefore we mustn't categorize people with titles and labels.

Getting back on topic:

If you actually want to look deeper into the main thesis of this topic, you will probably notice a psychological reason. No there isn't a concrete answer you will find by analyzing. No two persons are exactly the same. Statistics might be able to shove numbers in your face but it has no way of explaining each individual's case. It presents only "statistics".

Still I find a flaw in this topic and I'm not saying you must agree with me. I just can't go with this topic with my 100% agreement. It would be too one-sided and I know that life is neither black nor white.

Offline xela

« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2008, 10:49:02 AM »
@SID:if u luv someone then go grab it!!!joke......look the thing is....u don't hav to be a jerk so that someone will think ur cool.....JUST BE UR SELF...and find a girl that really fits u and don't let her go....

Offline nataliejwong

« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2008, 12:34:19 PM »
I was talking to a friend today, and he sent me this link on nice guys + girls. The fact is there are two types of nice guys. The first type is generally nice to everyone, the other type is the "nice" guy who only becomes nice towards the girls he likes and if the girl doesn't like him, he becomes bitter.

Anyways, I think it's a great read. Here's a little bit of it...

"At one end, are the guys who are just pure and simple good guys, decent people, humanly flawed perhaps but nonetheless likable *and* lovable, caring and smart, who have a lot to offer. Ironically, these guys often do not realize just how wonderful they are and how much they are valued by the people around them, and sometimes they even suffer crippling shyness/low self-esteem. I am fortunate to know, and have known, and to be related to, an unusually high number of guys towards this end of the spectrum.

At the other end are the guys who identify as "nice guys", often quite loudly and defensively, and who believe themselves to be underappreciated martyrs; usually they don't understand why they never get the girl and have at least once in their lives bitterly uttered the phrase "Nice guys finish last" usually in reference to a female who isn't dating them. It is this latter group I shall be addressing."

Read more at the link below...

Blog link: http://divalion.livejournal.com/163615.html

Offline rubberduck

« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2008, 05:17:34 PM »
Wow.. This thread just got so much more interesting..

That blog is really cool Nat..

The nice guy never gets the girl because the girl was never "the" girl.

I think this is the best sentence to sum it up. Perhaps it wasn't meant to be.

Deleted User

« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2008, 12:02:16 AM »
Quote from: "xela"
@SID:if u luv someone then go grab it!!!joke......look the thing is....u don't hav to be a jerk so that someone will think ur cool.....JUST BE UR SELF...and find a girl that really fits u and don't let her go....
Agree!!  :good  
Show one's own attitude to others...
but girls sometimes need some "romantic factors" that nice guys can't give...and some "jerk" guys actually also possess "nice factors" that attract girls !!
So, it's hard to say about those stuff...

May all the singles can meet their counterparts and all the couples happy & sweet sweet forever !!  :cool

Offline Stovila

« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2008, 11:26:47 PM »
because women believe that:

"All the nice guys on the world are either taken, married, or gay."

Offline the_chap

« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2008, 12:20:45 AM »
@Nat: Woo... Nice find. I wonder which of the 2 am I... I hope I'm the first one... I don't think I've been bitter towards all the girls who don't like me...

Yui-Lover

« Reply #37 on: June 24, 2008, 03:17:14 AM »
I think girls like guys who have confidence, good heart, tall, asian(like me^_^) and rich (so they can buy anything they want lol). That's what i think because now many women like guys that are rich and many some like guys that are not as rich but a better person.

Offline akuma_tsubasa

« Reply #38 on: June 24, 2008, 07:55:08 AM »
waah haha no more mr. nice guy XDDD iono but thers alot of different types  =P

Offline biscuit

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2008, 04:52:18 PM »
Just an opinion for me...  

I think Girls go for -whoever romantic is and being good looking or being
just a nice person is just a second option... (Just an opinion)

Offline nataliejwong

« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2008, 08:51:29 AM »
rubberduck + the_chap
Yeah, my hs friend and I were talking about why nice guys can never get the girl, and he told me to go read that blog page. In many ways, it's so true. I've come across guys who fall into the "nice" guy category.

The hardest part with finding 'mr. right' or 'ms. right' is waiting for the RIGHT person. If you like the girl, but the girl doesn't have feelings for you, it wasn't meant to be. That's the truth. In order for a relationship to work, it needs to be a two-way, not one-way.

Yui-Lover

« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2008, 11:19:14 AM »
I agree :hee

Offline DJAffinity

« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2008, 02:09:08 AM »
For me, I guess being "bad" "gangster" type is the trend nowadays and girls, yeah, they just keep to trend, so they start piercing every single parts of their body, do pre marital sex, go smoke, drink beer, go cursing people, litter the place, and all kinds of stuffs, but they just dont know the consiquences, and when they grow up, they'll just regrets :\

Offline cherii

« Reply #43 on: June 29, 2008, 05:55:23 PM »
I hope you know there are still many girls who wouldn't do one single thing you listed.

Just to let you know, not all girls are into those kinds of guys. I agree with Natalie: if the other person doesn't like you, it's not meant to be. In the end, I don't think the girl will get married to that dude she "had fun" with. How would  he get through her parents? My parents hated my sister's ex boyfriend just because he had a tattoo and dropped out of school, even though he wasn't "bad" as you described.

Offline gnaxiw

« Reply #44 on: June 30, 2008, 01:10:56 AM »
@Nat: Nice find really. Enjoyed reading it. Now I know why..