Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Michelle Branch...  (Read 6612 times)

Offline Angelus

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2006, 06:59:44 AM »
I used to listen to Michelle Branch, but now I don't have any new songs of her so got bored of the old songs -_-'. but anyway, I think the YUI's style and Michelle Branch's style is very alike. guess that's why I like YUI so much -_-'.

Offline Ty_Sylicus

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2006, 03:03:57 PM »
I have the Santana Alb's:  Supernatural, and Shaman.  I forget which one has "Game of Love" w/ Michelle, and which has "Smooth" w/ Rob Thomas though.  These two are my FAVS w/ Santana! B)         

I have VERY exited to hear her new song, "I'm Feelin' You!!!" :o           PLZ UL!  T_T

Offline EndtoInfinity930

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2006, 09:14:03 AM »
Okay I found the song on my computer and it's in the Non-Yui media thread! :D

Offline ItIsHerWhoDidIt

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2006, 10:28:54 PM »
Michelle, if you are reading this, i want to tell u that u don't have to pose topless in a magazine to get known, if you're good, you will be known

Offline Ty_Sylicus

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2006, 12:35:18 PM »
Yes, the new song is pretty good!  :)

Offline viper92583

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2006, 09:08:50 AM »
All right...here's a question...did anyone else grow up with her music?  And I mean quite literally when she was writing it, it was a lot of what was going on in your life?  I am 2 months younger than Michelle, so it is crazy seeing her release music and me growing into or living it...I even left home around the same time she did (mid-2000 for me)...

I mean, I was 17 and in a completely strange environment...It kinda helped to hear someone else singing about the same things I was thinking...knowing that it was never just my fight...I had friends up there at school, but they weren't always there...and the dearest ones didn't come along until later on...

I guess you could say her music was a silent sounding board for me...and I truly hope that one day I can meet her and thank her in person...

sorry...was going to post that on my new share, but felt that it would be better in this topic...so I rambled here rather than spamming there

Offline EndtoInfinity930

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2006, 11:55:52 AM »
Quote from: "viper92583"
All right...here's a question...did anyone else grow up with her music?  And I mean quite literally when she was writing it, it was a lot of what was going on in your life?  I am 2 months younger than Michelle, so it is crazy seeing her release music and me growing into or living it...I even left home around the same time she did (mid-2000 for me)...

I mean, I was 17 and in a completely strange environment...It kinda helped to hear someone else singing about the same things I was thinking...knowing that it was never just my fight...I had friends up there at school, but they weren't always there...and the dearest ones didn't come along until later on...

I guess you could say her music was a silent sounding board for me...and I truly hope that one day I can meet her and thank her in person...

sorry...was going to post that on my new share, but felt that it would be better in this topic...so I rambled here rather than spamming there
I know what you mean.  Michelle was the very reason I started playing guitar.  I saw pictures of her with her guitar and watched her live sessions @AOL, and I'm like "I wanna be like her!".

In only 3 short years, I'll be the same age as Michelle was when she debuted :lol:

Offline XMarksTheSpot!

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2006, 03:22:13 PM »
It would be cool if during that 3 years you also do your debut ^^ any plan?

Offline EndtoInfinity930

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2006, 05:55:30 AM »
Quote from: "XMarksTheSpot!"
I'm waiting for something to come along.. Northwest Indiana isn't really a place where it's easy to get my music out there.. I'm trying my hardest though, with YUI, Michelle Branch and many other artists inspiring me.

Oh man, I'm listening to Michelle's independent release "Broken Bracelet" (THANKS VIPER!!), and I'm totally amazed.  I hope Michelle keeps releasing music, even though she's probably busy with her new daughter. :)

Offline viper92583

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2006, 02:56:52 PM »
Quote from: "EndtoInfinity930"
Quote from: "XMarksTheSpot!"
I'm waiting for something to come along.. Northwest Indiana isn't really a place where it's easy to get my music out there.. I'm trying my hardest though, with YUI, Michelle Branch and many other artists inspiring me.

Oh man, I'm listening to Michelle's independent release "Broken Bracelet" (THANKS VIPER!!), and I'm totally amazed.  I hope Michelle keeps releasing music, even though she's probably busy with her new daughter. :)         
Northwest Indiana, eh?  I feel your pain...

Southwest Indiana here.  Doesn't the state provide perfect isolation?  Now if only you could switch that on and off when you deisred...*shrugs*

I'm glad you enjoyed Michelle's Independent release...Definitely one of my favorite albums of all time, and I'm glad I could share it with you...btw, isn't there supposed to be an album out in the next month or two from the Wreckers?  looking forward to seeing how that turns out...

(my mind skips around a lot...sorry if my posts get a bit confusing at times)  If you're in northwest Indiana, maybe Chicago would be a place to look for a lil exposure (though I'm sure you've probably thought of that).

Instead of going out with a snappy line of my own (cause I haven't come up with one yet), I'll let a favorite TV character do it for me...

"Well, that's my mama"
-Peter Griffin

Offline EndtoInfinity930

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2006, 09:52:10 AM »
Haha, SW Indiana, huh?  FINALLY, someone who understands my pain.. XD

~~~~~~

I was looking through my picture files, and I came across this.. I forgot I had it!

<3333

Offline viper92583

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2006, 03:39:57 AM »
yep...still lovin that picture :)           yeah...southern indiana sucks for much of anything except corn, beans, and cows...oh...we do have decent watermelons...i dun like cantaloupe, so i won't speak either way on those....hehe

oh man...I just finally watched the video for "Are You Happy Now?" (I'm not sure if I'd seen it before, since it came out during an insanely chaotic time in my life)

dayum...I knew what the song was about, and I knew it was a really bitter song... But she looks PISSED in that video...

btw, did Tomiko Van go solo?  or did I remember wrong?

Offline atheon

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2006, 07:44:29 AM »
I just know that the other guy will be releasing his solo single, dunno about tomiko san, hope she will continue singing though......

Btw, michelle branch and tomiko looks great together  :D         

Offline EndtoInfinity930

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2006, 07:49:56 AM »
yep...still lovin that picture :)           yeah...southern indiana sucks for much of anything except corn, beans, and cows...oh...we do have decent watermelons...i dun like cantaloupe, so i won't speak either way on those....hehe

oh man...I just finally watched the video for "Are You Happy Now?" (I'm not sure if I'd seen it before, since it came out during an insanely chaotic time in my life)

dayum...I knew what the song was about, and I knew it was a really bitter song... But she looks PISSED in that video...

Hah, I haven't seen that video in a while.. I'll have to go download it somewhere..lol.

And yes, Ban-chan went solo.. her first album is coming out in March! :)

Offline viper92583

Michelle Branch...
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2006, 05:31:20 AM »
woot!  Can't wait for the solo album :)         

heh...I've got all the vids on my computer...I might try to upload that one tonight...lol!  somebody uploaded it for me in VOB format...191 MB...you want?