Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who's Learning Japanese?  (Read 13532 times)

Offline hungrydragon

Who's Learning Japanese?
« on: March 07, 2008, 10:03:54 AM »
Haha i think I'm going to take a Japanese class so it'll be a lil easier to understand what YUI says.. doing this cuz of YUI again
 :gboy

Anywaiz Anyone taking Japanese in here? Was It/Is it Hard to learn??
How many years have you taken it?

Should i quit b 4 i start ? lol

Deleted User

Who's Learning Japanese?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 02:46:15 PM »
I'm taking an online Japanese class through my school right now and it's not too bad.  The concepts of grammar and writing are fairly easy to understand.  

The best way to learn a language is not though online classes though (especially when you don't have anyone that's learning it with you so you can practice speaking to one another).

Offline shinji_tono

Who's Learning Japanese?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, 01:41:11 PM »
you should really learn hungrydragon-san! it's really fun! there are a lot of things to learn especially their alphabet, they have 3 alphabet and currently I only know how to read and write hiragana, there's still katakana and KANJI! blimey! also their sentence structure is different from us, in the sense that their verbs come last unlike in the English grammar. and yeah the disadvantage of what Li-Mei stated is there (if you're learning alone). but don't get disheartened!

it's really fun! lucky you, you get to have lessons! I'm just learning by myself! I have no time and money yet to have formal lessons! even so, I learn basics and something about it here and there. IT'S REALLY FUN!

DAKARA, GANBATTE NE!

Offline kits

Who's Learning Japanese?
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, 07:17:09 PM »
Wow more and more people are learning japanese coz of YUI.. I'm one of 'em too! =P   I'm same with Shinjichan, i study alone.. with podcasts. I'm too tired of reading books so i found an alternative..XD but it's fun. Coz the teacher/voice actresses are good. Its not like any other podcast (which are hell boring).. this one is the real deal..lolz and they keep you updated with wats goin on in japan. And they have omoshiroi conversations! I totally recommend this you guys.. Its

Ichimaruichijapaniizupoddo.com

The podcasts are free and they have diffrent levels of difficulty.. i finish beginner lessons and I'm currently on beginner lessons season 2..
You guys might want to check it out if you're into japanese study! ja mata!

Offline shinji_tono

Who's Learning Japanese?
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2008, 01:56:07 AM »
oooh! thanks there Kitsy! never resulted in podcasts yet though I've heard of them! I'm going to listen and check your posted link! SANKYU!

oh yeah I'm going to buy a Japanese workbook by McGraw Hill, looks like a good one to me! I'm going to tell you guys after I've bought it tomorrow!

Deleted User

Who's Learning Japanese?
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2008, 12:20:45 PM »
i am currently learning japanese from book called minna no nihongo 1, the grammar, hiragana, and katakana are ok but.... the kanji is killing me... But for those who have studied chinese should not be that bad....

Offline you_and_i

Who's Learning Japanese?
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2008, 07:07:32 PM »
learning kanji is very hard!! i have a Japanese class in my school, but the teacher is lazy. i don't like learning from him. i like learning from my friends who likes japanese too.

Offline yvonneleung

Who's Learning Japanese?
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2008, 08:19:21 PM »
haha i'm also learning japanese for YUI.
i'm taking japanese classes right now every friday nights..
it's not like super hard for me, because i know how to read chinese so you know how some japanese words are like similar or even the same so it's okay. i've only been learning for a few months. what i can do now is that i know how to read the japanese, without understanding what it's saying though!
i'm starting to understand more and learned more words..it's really worth to learn it if you really want to.
everytime i feel like giving up, i was like "FOR YUI FOR YUI!" and then i want to continue to learn. hahaha~

Deleted User

Who's Learning Japanese?
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2008, 10:19:03 PM »
lol.. I dont feel so bad now...

I have always had a fascination with other cultures, and the Japanese in particular. I love learning new languages... ( I am a linguist in the US Army) and just when I decided to learn the language, I bumped into this jewel of a singer. So in essence, I too am learning to speak japanese from the inspiration of her and her music.

its great... I looked for a rosetta stone for japanese, but ended up just doing online classes, and a Rocket Japanese course as well.

Offline YUI4EVER

Who's Learning Japanese?
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2008, 08:49:19 AM »
i wanna take japanese class
but im not sure if i should take online course or
go to school for it ???

Offline duransinlui

Who's Learning Japanese?
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2008, 12:58:17 AM »
Learn Japanese language is so fun!! i don't know why i quit learnin' it 3 years ago..

so i just can read and write hiragana n katakana without knowing what does it means !! well, only a little bit...

:rolleye  :rolleye

i used Minna no nihongo too, it's my handbook to learn japanese, but it's hard when u don't have someone to taught u or share ur hard time learnin' that....

When i became fan of YUI, i'm desperate to learn it more :suki  :suki  :suki  :suki

Offline ren

Who's Learning Japanese?
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2008, 02:33:49 AM »
Quote from: "YUI4EVER"
i wanna take japanese class
but im not sure if i should take online course or
go to school for it ???
i reckon it really depends on you.If you're motivated enough, then learning the language by urself is a good way to go. Ive known some people who've learnt a whole language by themselves!
But if youre like me, then u should probably take some classes lol.
I tried learning japanese by myself, but Im not motivated enuff  :sry
but now I'm learning japanese at uni and im loving it!  :clap

Offline gotchi

Who's Learning Japanese?
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2008, 05:15:37 AM »
thanks for posting the podcast site kits..i think i'll be using it!
i'm gonna have to cram like as much Japanese into me within the next 1.5 months once i'm done with school/finals!

aw man okay so i'm really planning to go watch YUI's concert i've almost figured out my homestay stuff and coordinating how to pre-order concert tickets...and then setting my airline tickets and then i'm set!

Offline YUI4EVER

Who's Learning Japanese?
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 08:52:05 AM »
is Japanese  hard to learn??

Offline ren

Who's Learning Japanese?
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2008, 06:54:52 PM »
Quote from: "YUI4EVER"
is Japanese  hard to learn??
no language is easy to learn. There will be some concepts that will be quite a challenge to grasp, but in my opinion, the best way to approach it is to have fun! Think about it, if you can understand Japanese, you can understand what YUI says in interviews and such without the need for a translation! ^^
Here are some websites my lecturer gave us to help us study Japanese:
http://japanese.about.com/od/japaneselesso...artLearning.htm

http://www.uni.edu/becker/japanese222.html

http://subsite.icu.ac.jp/jlp/basic/index.htm

hope this helps!
and remember to have fun! ^^
 :clap