Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Songwriting  (Read 1393 times)

Offline JustAnotherYUILover

Songwriting
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 05:21:18 AM »
@Roxy: That was very deep man. I love the way you're able to explain in a way we can all understand. Also thanks for the advice!

@Riyu: That's good to hear. It seems as if Roxy has reached someone if not everyone. We would all love to hear your song!

@Pinky: I didn't get a <3. :'(       Good luck with your song too!

Songwriting
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2007, 06:22:47 AM »
Hey guys. I have some questions. Does anyone use any form of music studio software to add sounds into their songs? What I mean by music studio software is like ACID, Fruity Loops, and etc. This is because I'm not equiped with instruments such as drums, piano, violin, cello, and etc. I just want to be able to have access to these sounds. I'm a beginner at this though but I have made some ACID projects and they pretty much stink because I overused so much of everything because I was limited to loop files. If anyone has any recommendations, I would love to hear them. I pretty much want access to orchestral and piano sounds. Thanks guys!

Offline pinku

Songwriting
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2007, 11:09:49 AM »
Quote from: "JustAnotherYUILover"

@Pinky: I didn't get a <3. :'(       Good luck with your song too!
did u want one? :sry

<3JustAnotherYUILover~

Offline takachan

Songwriting
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2007, 12:30:26 PM »
haha. nope i dont have those kinda software... iuno, cuz i dont really need those sounds yet... i gotta get past the acoustic plus singing stage first hahaha. i need my condenser. with my condenser i can record my drums too heheheh. and electric and everything yeyyy...oh back to the software... from wat i know those kinda software if u want good quality stuff that actually sounds like those instruments i think its pretty darn expensive. i see these like 500 dollar audio software... haha... if u have a mac i think garage band could do a bit of that... iuno if it has like orchestral sounds tho. oh for drums check online. i think i googled once and found a drum loop effect thing... mayb u can edit the loops on a program like audacity put them together and stuf... oO iuno havent gotten that far yet

@justanotheryuilover: errr hahaha.... mayb someday... not till i get my condenser mic

@zenaku: u can get some at long and mcquade, the markham road one is pretty good, which is where im heading for mine. i think the big stores have time steve's, cosmos? i think thye have audio stuff too... about performing originals hahaha im pretty shy about doing my songs live haha... mayb.. lol if im in the mood haha

@Riyu: one thing thats really important is to NOT think those thoughts about how u want ur lyrics to relate and stuff, or a cool tune. its important to NOT think at all and just write from intuition. from ur true feelings. often if u can write ur true feelings, they relate to others cuz others have gone thourhg the similar things. just expressurself. for melodies, dont thinka bout a cool tune, cuz that as i sed before limits ur creative process. ull spend alot of time stopping and going i dont like that, that sounds bad and not get anything done. most of the time if u stop and do that, u think the stuff u just made is crap, cuz u can never get perfection. no matter how good it is to others, to urself its crap haha. tahts soooooo true haha. good luck songwriting!!

Offline pinku

Songwriting
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2007, 12:41:09 PM »
Quote from: "yukio"
no matter how good it is to others, to urself its crap haha.
i sent some lyrics to my bestfriend and she said its great but i think it sucks XP

i always seem to think that shes just trying to be nice to me cuz shes my best friend and all... XD

:cat

Songwriting
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2007, 04:15:47 AM »
So how are your songs coming along guys? I'm so confused haha . . . I should probably just stop thinking about it and use whatever comes to my head. :sry

Songwriting
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 09:35:48 AM »
Quote from: "yukio"
. . . mayb u can edit the loops on a program like audacity put them together and stuf... oO iuno havent gotten that far yet

Well ACIDPro lets you do that and there are many free samples online. I've made a short piece. Probably not that great but here it is for anyone that is interested. I'm trying to do something Classical. I lack the voice needed for Rock.

EDIT: Link removed by JustAnotherYUILover

Songwriting
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2007, 07:33:56 AM »
Okay so some playing around with loops on ACIDPro led to this:http://www.mediafire.com/?0znp9n5b4cd

It's incomplete but please listen to it. Give me feedback.

Offline takachan

Songwriting
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2007, 09:19:37 AM »
yea i lack the voice for rock, but i still do rock type music because i can sing in a pop style.. like pop punk stuff. and of course u can do acoustic style stuff and like YUI, her voice isnt really rock... well i guess its also cuz im rock based trained lol, guitars drums and stuff lol

the ACIDPro stuff sounds pretty coolll. but i dont like classical much so haha. btw, is that u singing... oO

yes and write intuitively never think about it

Songwriting
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2007, 09:45:08 AM »
@yukio:Nah that's not me singing. I can't hit that note for my life. Lol. Why don't you like classical?

How can you say no to this?
Jesse Nemitz's cover of You Raise Me Up

Jesse Nemitz inspires me to sing so much. Just listen to his mixed voice. It sounds so powerful. He blends registers like second nature.

Listen to this too
Jesse Nemitz before clip

I've posted these clips before on my old singing thread. But you're new so I'll share them with you as well yukio. Those were the same singers. Don't believe? Look at that transformation!