Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Overtone singing  (Read 1187 times)

Offline JustAnotherYUILover

Overtone singing
« on: September 29, 2007, 08:14:27 AM »
WOW! I just found out about this today. Overtone singing(also known as throat singing/Khoomei) is able to produce the richest tones a human voice can bring out. Wikipedia is your best friend and I'm too lazy to explain so here it is:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overtone_singing That richness from the voice is just awesome. Listen to this guy do some throat singing(listen to the flute-like high pitched sounds he is able to make with his voice):http://youtube.com/watch?v=DY1pcEtHI_w It's so amazing. I know it might seem stupid and idiotic but this just showed that the human voice is very complicated. We might be able to make some sounds that are even more amazing but we just don't know it. The human voice is like the most complicated instrument. Speaking of instruments check out this guy with his instrument(s) called Boogiballs : http://youtube.com/watch?v=mJLJ_tGvOPM

I don't know how this is going to benefit my singing because I don't sing Khoomei so I'll just stop here. I just wanted to share this with you guys.

This is probably the most random post ever posted by someone. LOL   =P

Offline djwongtf

Overtone singing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 01:39:31 PM »
Amazing!!

Offline >ch|yo<

Overtone singing
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 02:47:24 PM »
:shock  wicked...if i tried doing that my voice box probably bleed..
lolx..thx for sharing

Overtone singing
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 07:50:51 AM »
Lol >ch|yo< it might seem like there must be a lot of tension to be able to produce such noises but there is actually not much. People that have tried it say that your voice will get use to it and there is actually no pain.

Offline pinku

Overtone singing
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 06:02:35 PM »
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAH!!! O_O that's so... OMG

Overtone singing
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 09:56:08 AM »
Quote from: "pinkylily123"
If you're really interested you can watch this documentary called 'Genghis Blues'. I'm watching it right now.

For anyone interested, here is the download link to the torrent: http://www.mininova.org/get/601496

Offline takachan

Overtone singing
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 11:11:34 AM »
wowww sugoi!!! hahah... but listening to it, it doenst sound like it takes much effort u just need to have awesome control of diff muscles in ur vocal chords and related areas haha.

Offline pinku

Overtone singing
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 07:33:57 PM »
Quote from: "JustAnotherYUILover"
Quote from: "pinkylily123"
If you're really interested you can watch this documentary called 'Genghis Blues'. I'm watching it right now.

For anyone interested, here is the download link to the torrent: http://www.mininova.org/get/601496
will check out <3 thanks*HUGS*

wowww sugoi!!! hahah... but listening to it, it doenst sound like it takes much effort u just need to have awesome control of diff muscles in ur vocal chords and related areas haha.

*nods head*

okay so like...

i went to this thing right? there was this little boy...
he was making high pitched sounds with his voice...
it was SOOOO high i thought he was whistling o_O...
i guess he was trying to whistle but since he couldnt do it he tried it with his voice...
i was like "o_O wow that's high...."
i dun think he realized he could sing VERY VERY high o_O

Overtone singing
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 05:25:14 AM »
Hehe Pinky, even Bass singers have their high tones as well as low tones. I would love to hear what you were referring to.

@yuki: It might seem easy but you need to know how to coordinate your muscles as well as position your vocal anatomy. I love it when we can actually hear out 3 pitches at the same time when throat singers sing. It is just amazing. Our voices are the most complex instrument to have ever walked the face of this planet.

EDIT: PLEASE ONLY WATCH THE DOCUMENTARY IF YOU ARE MATURE!!! THERE IS NO ADULT CONTENT BUT THERE ARE A FEW SWEARS. THERE IS ALSO A PART WHERE THEY SLAUGHTER A SHEEP. IT WAS A RITUALISTIC THING SO PLEASE DON'T FEEL TOO BAD. I'M SURE THE SHEEP IS OFF SOMEWHERE BETTER NOW.

P.S.
This message was mainly intended towards pinky. I didn't want her to cry if she saw what happened. You can always cry on my virtual shoulder. :)

Offline pinku

Overtone singing
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 11:14:49 AM »
Quote from: "JustAnotherYUILover"
Hehe Pinky, even Bass singers have their high tones as well as low tones. I would love to hear what you were referring to.

EDIT: PLEASE ONLY WATCH THE DOCUMENTARY IF YOU ARE MATURE!!! THERE IS NO ADULT CONTENT BUT THERE ARE A FEW SWEARS. THERE IS ALSO A PART WHERE THEY SLAUGHTER A SHEEP. IT WAS A RITUALISTIC THING SO PLEASE DON'T FEEL TOO BAD. I'M SURE THE SHEEP IS OFF SOMEWHERE BETTER NOW.

P.S.
This message was mainly intended towards pinky. I didn't want her to cry if she saw what happened. You can always cry on my virtual shoulder. :)         
 =O WHAT?!?!? sheep get SLAUGHTERED?!?!

i dun feel like watching it anymore o_O (its not loading anyway XD*hahaz*)

*HUGS*

ya abt the high tone thing... it was RLY RLY high... actually kinda irritating but ya XD

Offline takachan

Overtone singing
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 11:37:58 AM »
haha yea thats wt i meant, u need awesome control of all the stuff that affects ur voice. but it shouldnt take alot of straining or lots of effort or pain

Overtone singing
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 06:31:11 AM »
BUMP.

It feels strange to look through your old threads. This was made almost three years ago, but it's still amazing. Youtube links still work and first link has over one million views now.

Learn something new every day.

Offline akuma_tsubasa

Overtone singing
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2010, 01:12:53 PM »
haha yea that is amazing :clap how do they do it ?