Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Avril Lavigne  (Read 6885 times)

Offline djwongtf

Avril Lavigne
« on: September 19, 2007, 11:56:11 AM »
I'm a fan of Avril Lavigne!^^

Her official website:http://www.avrillavigne.com

Avril Lavigne's album Let go was the first songs i listened^^.. Wow..was such a nice album.. the songs i liked most in this one were losing grip,i'm with you, tomorrow and anything but ordinary(wow really gud this one^^)..

Her second album Under my skin was the one i liked most.. I even shiver when I listen to this album!!^^ Some gud titles from the second album are take me away, how does it feel, my happy ending, nobody's home..

I was deceived by her last album The best damn thing..Was well way too punk rock in this last one  4 me  :(         
Not the sytle she was used to..
But still two songs were nice: Keep holding on and when you're gone

Her acoustic versions of songs are really really nice!!

So, any other Avril Lavigne fans here^^ who wanna talk about her and her songs??

Offline led_fran

Avril Lavigne
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 05:45:05 PM »
i know avril lavigne!!!shes so cool!!!! :clap im not a fan of her but like all her songs.. :sry

like complicated,girlfriend and etc...

i see her playing guitar... :sry not sure..

Offline takachan

Avril Lavigne
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 02:03:54 AM »
yeah she plays guitar. thats why yui and avril seem so similar lol both started young, both 16 i think. plays guitar, has unique awesome voices, pop rock lol, avril in the beginning wasnt as punk she was more like yui in the beginning

Offline sirnanzy

Avril Lavigne
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 03:02:40 AM »
Som pics of good old Lavigne playing the guitar

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9494/avblend157ud4.jpg
with a Strat

http://www.peruavril.com/editor/UserFiles/...vril_linkin.jpg
and with an Epi LP

her own signature series Squier Tele, which according to a Sweet friend O'mine, sucked.

Offline takachan

Avril Lavigne
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 03:59:25 AM »
lol... squier... she should get an actual fender tele signature model haha.

actually i realy dont like the current avril. i liked her when she just started off, during the first two albums. now its just too much lol, too like punk/pop/too much makeup etc haha. i like more natural, like yui

Offline djwongtf

Avril Lavigne
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 03:46:27 PM »
ya..well said yukio..me2.. liked her most when she started and also at the time of her second album.. she was well more natural

Offline Dlyan

Avril Lavigne
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 05:30:38 PM »
somebody can he share her musics ?  :please

Offline sirnanzy

Avril Lavigne
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 06:14:21 PM »
I think what they're trying is to get some big name and further raise the profile of Squier..

as for her music I love her first album and nothing else

Offline takachan

Avril Lavigne
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 05:35:23 AM »
lmao, but avril isnt like known for her guitar skills lol, i wouldnt care taht avril has her signature model with squier, pshhhh. XD

Offline sirnanzy

Avril Lavigne
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 09:07:23 AM »
True true, but they think shes a big enough name, but really...

Offline takachan

Avril Lavigne
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 10:24:22 AM »
lol yeah. i remember i used to be obsessed with her songs during her first album... but then that was back in grade 7-8, so i didnt really have any range of music to listen to, it was just my friends cd, and that was teh only thing i listened to haha

Offline zenaku

Avril Lavigne
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 10:44:18 AM »
said this in another thread before but, i've lost respect in her a lot!!! lol. she's trying too hard to match mainstream music. lost that uniqueness that she had in her 1st album and developed in the 2nd.  it's like she's another artist in the 3rd album but not a really good one. ppl like when you're gone cuz its the a rock ballad which she had a few in her previous albums. otherwise imo, the whole new album is cheerleader music or songs which are built on overused chord progressions.

Offline takachan

Avril Lavigne
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2007, 10:48:21 AM »
yeaa i agree. hopefully YUI wont follow the same trend... oO i still think her music is awesome right now, shes changing styles srta, i think its good to change style but never go too mainstream

Offline sirnanzy

Avril Lavigne
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 01:21:59 PM »
me too, i hope she stays more to th indie genre

Offline djwongtf

Avril Lavigne
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2007, 01:33:03 PM »
yep..yep!!^^