Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your guitar brand(s)!  (Read 9154 times)

Offline kh7yusuke

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 12:32:33 PM »
yamaha and fender are popular here in the philippines..

and ibanez too..

they really produce quality and high end guitars...

Deleted User

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 03:56:53 PM »
Quote from: "natsumi"
acoustic - Pyramid, bet u guys nvr heard of it before coz me too  :sry
electric - Fender Squier Bullet Stratocaster Special, wat a LONG name  :sry

wish to get a Fender acoustic (GA-45SCE) , Gibson SG series and ESP (HRZ II NT BK)  :suki
wait. i've heard of pyramid.. isn't that a malaysian brand?

mine:
-Yamaha G series (can't remember the type, i got it from my cousin back in 1998) and now its already broken lol
-Yamaha C-140 (nylon acoustic)
-Ibanez AW10CE-NT (acoustic electric)

ooooohhhhh.. monkeys!!!  :suki

Offline JKDragoon

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2007, 04:40:53 PM »
TOUCHE... I've heard of Pyramid too... I think... :rolleyes:

I saw it in a guitar shop in Sunway Pyramid, Malaysia. I THINK they stock a few Pyramids there... :nah

JEEZZZ... nataliejwong, please tell me that TAYLOR wasn't your FIRST guitar... JEEZ...  @@
Talk about good acoustic sound... YUI songs must feel so much better on one of those. Which Taylor is it specifically?

Actually, I shouldn't complain... Or else people will be glaring at me for my Gibson as my 2nd guitar (1st electric)... BUT IT WAS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT AND IT WAS ON DISCOUNT... I couldn't resist... :please

---
JK

Offline tasogare

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2007, 01:18:43 AM »
Quote from: "lamevil"
Quote from: "bnn"
i own an acoustic guitar.

the brand TGM -.-

the guitar man

costed me 80 SGD including back.

uh and my friend gave me a classical!

cant remember the brand but it's not bad (for beginner like me)
:sayw
ah haha~ that brand is quite popular in singapore  @@  i've seen many of my friends having that brand's guitar...ok...i shall hold the wost of the worst guitars ever...

some suzuki brand guitar...3rd hand somemore...the colour of the neck is fading...strings got rusted like crazy cause i always play like crazy person...cost $38SGD...that's very cheap eh? :X         
Suzuki! My 1st classic guitar brand. Cost less than SGD$70 with the bag.
And a Takamine G series 440C.....Abit regret :cry  :sry

Offline nataliejwong

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2007, 03:50:13 AM »
Quote from: "JKDragoon"
JEEZZZ... nataliejwong, please tell me that TAYLOR wasn't your FIRST guitar... JEEZ...  @@
Talk about good acoustic sound... YUI songs must feel so much better on one of those. Which Taylor is it specifically?

Actually, I shouldn't complain... Or else people will be glaring at me for my Gibson as my 2nd guitar (1st electric)... BUT IT WAS A BIRTHDAY PRESENT AND IT WAS ON DISCOUNT... I couldn't resist... :please

---
JK
Nope. My first guitar was a mini 1/2 classical by Takamine Jasmine. My second guitar was Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CS-257TB, third was a Yamaha Pacifica Electric, but then I sold the Yamaha to buy an Ibanez SZ520QMBB Electric. BUT just 4 weeks ago, I sold my Ovation CS-257TB and I'm planning to sell my Ibanez as well.

I got my Taylor just 3 months ago. *Smiles* So, my Taylor is really my.. uh... 5th guitar.

Wow. You got a Gibson? Second guitar?!?!
Lucky!

This Taylor means more to me because I purchased it with my own $$ and I always wanted a Taylor ever since I got the Ovation guitar. I'm really happy with it.

:cool

Offline Cross

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2007, 10:21:16 AM »
I've got you beat natalie - my PRS is my 8th guitar - but then again, during that period I was buying and selling guitars within months of each other  :what

Now I'm at an even 4.....for now  :hee

Offline JKDragoon

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2007, 12:45:35 PM »
OOO... OOO... Wowie... This is all turnin' into a competition!!

I have a limited edition John Mayer Strat (signed by him on the pickguard) and a PRS Santana III (Did I mention it's been DISCONTINUED?)!! I ALSO have a GA-45SCE : Natural with YUI signed on the 5th fret...

NAH!!!... I was just joking... That would be crazily good if I could have all those!!

:what

Okay okay... Don't have to get angry with me... :P         

Actually, I used to really want a PRS since it was considered a 'VERY GOOD' guitar. However, it was always so expensive and way out of the price range...
After watching so many artists who don't actually use one, I've found that it's more technique and also love for a guitar which fits you better.
Sure a PRS sounds good... But as for whether it fits me? Hmm... I don't know... I've only ever held one for a few mins and I prb. need more time with it.

My 1st VERY OWN guitar was a Yamaha APX-5A or something... That one has stuck with me through thick and thin for an all out acoustic-electric sound. If there's one thing I don't like about, it's the pick-ups. It sounds like a twangy electric when passed into an amp. I had to use a BOSS Acoustic Simulator (AC-3) before plugging it into an amp so that it sounded more like an ACOUSTIC even though it was one. Thankfully, my performance of "Iris" by the Goo Goo Dolls was alright... XD

2nd guitar was the Gibson Les Paul. Like I said, birthday gift... And I never understood it's true potential till I was more experienced. This one's probably my most favoured guitar and the sound it makes is just awesome. Suits me just as well as any dream PRS I have. The Gibson to me is like nataliejwong's Taylor to her.

3rd is an Ibanez which I HIGHLY REGRET because of it's stupid Floyd Rose Tremelo system. I just hate the darn thing... Broke 3 strings trying to tune it to BDDDDD. Jeezz... And I can't sell it either coz I can't find anyone to sell it too... HIGH HIGH REGRET... Should've gone with my idea for a strat... WHY...

I'm looking forward to a strat sometime sooner or later... Needa feel more like YUI and John Mayer. They make good music with a simple stratocaster and don't need high class, amazing wood guitars like PRS. Props to them!! :clap

---
JK

Offline nataliejwong

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2007, 05:00:30 AM »
I'm looking forward to a strat sometime sooner or later... Needa feel more like YUI and John Mayer. They make good music with a simple stratocaster and don't need high class, amazing wood guitars like PRS. Props to them!! :clap

---
JK
Well, the PRS guitar isn't for everyone. It's expensive, but the quality is definitely there. John Mayer music isn't suited for a PRS, so it wouldn't really make sense for him to play with one. Personally, I don't think I can play with a PRS because it's just too high quality for me, and I doubt I would be able to hold it to play it because it'll be too heavy for me... lol.

I prefer the acoustic more anyways.

But PRS does make wonderful guitars-quality + looks. They're a beauty to look at, just like Taylor guitars (couldn't resist.. haha).

Offline JKDragoon

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2007, 10:25:22 AM »
PRS' are heavy? Wow... I didn't realise that when I was trying it out...
Hmmm... Perhaps it's because they uses higher-grade woods that tend to be heavier... @@
I'm sure if John Mayer was interested, he could easily switch to a PRS. But he's grown up with a strat and he makes good music with it. So does YUI... No complains there either!
Hahahaha... Guess I needa go to a music shop to try the PRS' again. I remember in the bigger Tom Lee centres (main one for guitars), they have a special room JUST for PRS guitars... Wonder if they frisk you or something to minimise any possible damage to those guitars! :P         
Actually, it's the same for the high-end acoustic guitars too... All the Taylors are housed in this special glass room... =.="
(Probably helps to make people envious at the glories within...)

Though I talk a lot about electrics, I'm more of an acoustic-y person too. Even when playing my electric, I have this tendency to switch on an acoustic simulator, unless I'm playing lead (AHHH... INTRO TO "GOOD-BYE DAYS"... Line 6 Echo Park... Makes for that amazing ghostly sound, even though I know I should actually be using Tremolo!).

---
JK

Offline Roxy36

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #39 on: August 27, 2007, 02:11:11 AM »
Quote from: "nataliejwong"
JEEZZZ... nataliejwong, please tell me that TAYLOR wasn't your FIRST guitar... JEEZ...  @@

---
JK
Nope. My first guitar was a mini 1/2 classical by Takamine Jasmine. My second guitar was Ovation Celebrity Deluxe CS-257TB, third was a Yamaha Pacifica Electric, but then I sold the Yamaha to buy an Ibanez SZ520QMBB Electric. BUT just 4 weeks ago, I sold my Ovation CS-257TB and I'm planning to sell my Ibanez as well.

I got my Taylor just 3 months ago. *Smiles* So, my Taylor is really my.. uh... 5th guitar.

Wow. You got a Gibson? Second guitar?!?!
Lucky!

This Taylor means more to me because I purchased it with my own $$ and I always wanted a Taylor ever since I got the Ovation guitar. I'm really happy with it.

=O  ah-- you sold your ovation!!! !?!?! noooooooooooo! traitorrr...

.... just kidding... haha xD it's just that you always seemed to love that guitar..

Offline nataliejwong

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #40 on: August 27, 2007, 12:54:44 PM »
Aww.. Roxy. I didn't mean that I didn't love my Ovation. It's just that I purchased the Taylor, and I didn't really play with the Ovation as much. The Ovation was a really great starter/comfortable guitar. I don't think I've would have continued to play the guitar if I didn't buy the Ovation back then. I still like Ovation guitars! No worries.. I'm not a plastic hater. Haha.

We're on good terms right? You're still my friend.. rightttttt, Roxy?  :sry

Offline Roxy36

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #41 on: August 28, 2007, 11:54:52 AM »
hai haiii, we're still buds.. kyahaha! you know i was just  playing around..  :good that taylor really IS awesome though..

Offline JKDragoon

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #42 on: August 28, 2007, 02:47:09 PM »
Argh... I have yet to place my hands on a TRUE Taylor... All the ones that I have touched are housed outside the infamous 'GLASS ROOM OF GOOD&EXPENSIVE ACOUSTICS' in Tom Lee... :cry

I remember playing a Compass Series special edition for a higher model of my Yamaha APX-5A... I think it was the APX-9A... Immediately noticed the comfort and ease in playing... @@

Doe a Taylor give that feeling? Should I muster up some courage to enter into the GLASS ROOM and ask to try a Taylor 614-CE (Michelle Branch's first guitar)? Should I ask to try another model of Taylor (pending nat's or anyone else's suggestion)?

---
JK

Offline tsunvun86

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #43 on: August 28, 2007, 05:07:37 PM »
I have a Yamaha Compass Series! I think it's the CPX5.. forgot the model number :P

Offline nataliejwong

Your guitar brand(s)!
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2007, 09:24:44 AM »
Quote from: "tsunvun86"
I have a Yamaha Compass Series! I think it's the CPX5.. forgot the model number :P         
You're not a very good guitar owner. You forgot your guitar model number!

JKDragoon
Yeah! Of course, go for it! Try out those Taylors!

The only problem I got with trying out Taylors was that many of the salespersons don't really want to let me test out the Taylors because I'm short and I look like a 15 year old. I'm sure it has to do with my gender too, because you don't often see girls testing out guitars as often as guys do.