Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FINAL FANTASY  (Read 58879 times)

Offline cloudscream

FINAL FANTASY
« on: June 19, 2007, 07:20:59 PM »
Are you a huge fan of the series? maybe the characters, the creatures, the villains
or maybe the whole Final Fantasy realm?
Talk about Cloud Strife, Squall Leonhart, Zidane Tribal, Tidus, Sephiroth
or even Chocobos here. Anything goes from Final Fantasy Role-Playing games to movies to monsters...

BEST RPG EVER.

Offline pinku

FINAL FANTASY
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 10:56:34 PM »
Ive only finished Final Fantasy X and X-2

lol... my fave is Rikku...

I started playing (what was it) the one with Rinoa but i havent finished it yet... cant find it anymore...

and the chocobos are cute... i actually became sad about it when i got to fight one and killed it :huhuhu poor chocobo...

i didnt mean to... i was gonna escape but then it attacked and was it an accesory or... i forgot but something that makes you counter attacks...

well yeah... lol *runs away*

Offline eonridr

FINAL FANTASY
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2007, 12:23:17 AM »
lol.. pinky.. its a game! the chocobo r meant to kill anyway it its ur enemy.. unless its my fav FF7 where i throw ghasal greens(i think) at the chocobo and it'll hope up highwind with mi back to the chocobo farm! ahahaha! XD

dun underestimate them! its disrespect for them too. XD :lol:

btw.. i can write alot bout this.. I'm a fan of the ff series since i played ff7. its the 1st to experiment 3d graphic into game and got the best graphic (*at that time), story, gameplay, characters (cloud, tifa, Yuffie!)!+ x-factor.  its just amazing. i'll beat all the weapons in the game too.  :thumbsup:

and when i think i've forgotten much of the storyline.. advent children movie came along the way and blow us all away again with the superb graphic... and i think the other fans were v statisfied with it too. :lol:

ff8 was a big leap from ff7.. it polishes and really distinguishes where the 3d graphic & animation industry in going towards. i remember i was watching the opening at secondary 3 and i was like.. just stunned.. ( the music was great too.. eyes on me if i rem.) then look at Rinoa dancing.. ITS ALIVE! lol.. ok yea.. & i luv odin and Laguna. cant forget him. but i think ff7 is still the better. hehe.. and somehow i didnt complete this game.. i was so close though.  ;)         

ff9somehow.. i didn't play this.. so dun ask mi to crit.. but for mi its not that appealing..

ffX & ffX2 top-notches for ffx.. tidus.. storyline.. graphic.. char voice narations. its quite a new experience & the story really hooked you to it with emotions. this is infact the most crazy rpg i played.. i clocked 120+ hours on it i think.. maxing out all character, summons, special monster unlocks, and re-doing all the sphere grid.. its really maddess.  :thumbsup:   :guitar

but i'm not so sure bout ffx-2.. cos its all girl character.. & the sub characters are all handsome guys of the girl's interest. just not so comfortable playing it. rikku rocked all the way though.  i stopped playing halfway.. cos i know i can never get the best ending though i tried so hard.. and that kinda pissed mi off. then i went online & watched the ending there.. haha  :horny

FF11- online.. nv play..

FF12  - looks fantastic.. & i bought the game twice but my console dun let mi play.. no time oso. this one really sad. i should play..  :swt

ok thats my share of FF series.. lol :lol:  XD

Offline YUI-ism

FINAL FANTASY
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 04:11:04 AM »
My favorite game is FF6. Hooray for old school.

Don't really like FF7 and its branches anymore since there's just too many sequels, prequels, etc... The movie was nice though.

I enjoyed 8&9, but after X I stopped liking FF.

I have FF12 atm, but not playing it since I'm so busy. I hope it's not disappointing.

Offline Shuyu

FINAL FANTASY
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2007, 07:02:37 PM »
X had a story that could have been great, but some elements were completely stupid, and the characters let it down completely. Not to mention that horrific battle system. What were Square on when they decided to do that?

I bought XII on Saturday. I'm enjoying it so far, but I understand what people mean when they say that it doesn't feel like a FF game. It's good and all, and aside from Vaan's "abs", I'm not gonna point out faults. But it just feels so... Not right.

And VII has Sexiroth-- I mean, Sephiroth. Not to mention Genesis. The only video game character you can love without it being weird. Whoo, go Gackt!

And I couldn't play VIII, Rinoa annoyed me way too much to even think about wanting to.

X-2... No comment. Seriously, it just... No. No. No. No. Gawd, even The Bouncer was better than that sad excuse for a FF game...

Offline cloudscream

FINAL FANTASY
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2007, 07:50:38 PM »
I love FFVII. well, very grand storyline. and materias are so enjoyable to use.. :lol: Cloud and Vincent are so cool!!

FFVI. Fun! There are lots of creatures that can be summoned..=) Plus the turn of events are great too. Lots of playable characters and every character (except Gogo and Umaro) has a huge storyline.

FFVIII. I fell in love with Rinoa. The characters are greatly designed. I love the Renzokuken Limit, and Also Zell's limit. The GF's are patterned to FFVI's  Espers, and I liked that. The soundtrack is magnificent. But I didn't like the Draw system. There are also no equipment other than upgradable weapons. The theme of this RPG is too serious and dialogues are boring. Maybe too much realism isn't fitting for a Final FANTASY game.

FFIX. if you want to enjoy playing an RPG, i recommend this one. waa...lots of nostalgic stuff thrown into it. Play this game before you judge it. this game is so underrated, believe me. This is an unforgettable game.

FFTactics. Hard, but when you get used to it, it's so addictive, highly addictive.

FFV. Don't let the crappy graphics fool you. This game focuses on hard-to-beat optional bosses, more tougher than Omega Weapon, Emerald Weapon and Ozma. I challenge you to play this one.

FFX. Great. What you see is what you get. Great graphics + great gameplay.

FFI. well i played this game and it's ok.. nothing special about this one. The first Final Fantasy, that is.

FFIV. If you can tolerate decent 2D graphics, this will turn into one of your favorites. Story has excellent twists and turns.

Offline Hillshire

FINAL FANTASY
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 03:04:55 PM »
hey its a final fantasy thread!

i really enjoyed playing FFVIII but found it a little too easy for some reason...

i remembered i use Squall with a lionheart gunblade and Selphie with strange vision and Rinoa with the shooting star and i killed everyone pretty quickly  :lol:

+ there was this bug in my game and i had gilgamesh after only about four minutes of play...he kept on cutting apart my enemies :huh:         

anyways looking foward to having some time to finish FFX (rikku and yuna are the cutest characters ever!)

Offline airos

FINAL FANTASY
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2007, 12:07:32 AM »
FINAL FANTASY...
It is a great game. Some people say it the greatest RPG.
But I found it has many weakness, eventhough I play and love all of FF series.

My first FF game was FF 7. I finished it more than 15 times !!!!
Just to discover and know the real story. It's true... Don't you know that the one who was stabbed by Sephiroth at Mt. Nibelheim is Zack, not Cloud. :rolleyes:
The weapon, Emerald, Ruby, and Diamond are so cool. Especially Emerald, because we fought it at Underwater, and we only have limited time to defeated it if we don't have UNDERWATER MATERIA.
This game has a BUG, duplicated item with W-item materia. LOL, we can get 90+ MEGALIXIR for free with this bug.

The second one is FF 8, It has great graphic at that era. The best maybe... But I dont really enjoy playing it, maybe I play it because the graphic and the cinematic movie.
The story... is not too great, but not bad too. An average game.

The next FF series that I play is FF 6, or 3 at USA. (It's the same game)
I say this FF is masterpiece at the SNES era, but I play it at Playstation and SNES emulator.
Nice and memorable game, each character has it's story. I like the dramatical event about Celes who sing MY HERO at Opera. I really touched by the music and lyric. Damn great memorable event.

Final Fantasy 9 is also great game, just like cloudscream said, It's underated. Maybe because this game used super deformed character, not like FF8 which use the real proportion of human.
I say FF 8 has the best soundtrack ever, Melodies of Life by Emiko Shiratori.
In this game, we can watch "MAD" Odin destroy one island by single attack. COOL !!! and How tragic event when Alexander was destroyed by Bahamut. Owww..... Great !!

Final fantasy X at Playstation 2, Who's dont love Tidus and Yuna?
An almost maximal graphic performance by Playstation 2.
I like this game because the storyline, classic... about Eidolon (Guardian Force at FF8, Summon at FF7, and Esper at FF6)
Sphere Grid also good system.

Final Fantasy X-2, I don't really like it. Not same with some people who play this game because Yuna, Rikku, and Paine are pretty girls.
But it has good Opening Movie, Yuna is really cool with her singing performance.

Final Fantasy 11 (Online)
I play it, but retired after 2 month. "Pay to Play" system is really a burden for me at that time. :swt

Final Fantasy 12
This game has unique battle system. My friend dont like it because he dont like the main character. "Disgusting" he's said. :lol:
Great Opening movie too, a big war and ended by the death of the character that I though is the main character at first time. :lol:

That some of my experience with FINAL FANTASY series.
I also play FF 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. Except for FF4 and 5, the other are standart RPG for me.

Thanks for read my long post. :biggrin

Offline eonridr

FINAL FANTASY
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2007, 01:02:40 AM »
haha Airos i read ur post.. its amazing how u play FF7 15times!! i guess thats y u say it got alot of weakness lol..

It's true... Don't you know that the one who was stabbed by Sephiroth at Mt. Nibelheim is Zack, not Cloud. 

btw.. its still cloud.. go watch Final Fantasy VII: Last Order.. its there. & have u watched advent children? :thumbsup:  

Offline cloudscream

FINAL FANTASY
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2007, 12:33:36 PM »
Emerald Weapon is just an insect if you have Knights of Round summon materia.. heheh... :lol:
Omega Weapon is so easy if you have Lionheart as a weapon.
but in FFV, two optional bosses there really needs to be planned and thinked about carefully....

to all those that are disinterested in playing FFIX, YOU ARE MISSING A LOT OF ALL THE FINAL FANTASY SERIES HAS GOT TO OFFER. oh maybe about nearly a half of the Final Fantasy experience.

i love how the story of FFVII has expanded. FFVII: Last Order, and then the game, then Advent Children, and Dirge of Cerberus...awww...great story... :)

Offline airos

FINAL FANTASY
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2007, 12:30:08 AM »
Now the question for everybody...
Which final boss that you think is the weakess, strongest, and why.
For me, I think the hardest one is Kefka from FF6.
And the weakess one, I think is the magician from FF8.
All the optional bosses still stronger than the final boss.

btw.. its still cloud.. go watch Final Fantasy VII: Last Order.. its there. & have u watched advent children?
Oh, I forgot about that. I've open my FF7 saved data today, and I'm sure that blue uniform soldier is cloud, and the fact at Last Order is Cloud who was cut by Sephiroth's Katana...

And, how can Rufus still alive from Diamond Weapon attack. Look at the cinematic movie at end of Disk 2, how can someone survice from that attack, he is at the top of the building, and the building is crushed by Diamond beam.

Offline cloudscream

FINAL FANTASY
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2007, 12:16:06 PM »
the hardest final boss is also Kefka for me..

i dunno.. maybe a final boss is meant to be easy... you know, to avoid spoiling the fun and the moment.. lol...

when you fight the final boss, most probably you already had the Lionheart, lots of Aura stones, the Ominislash limit, Knights of Round summon or the Thievery skill that does 9999 damage.. heheh... those things make the final boss super easy to beat...

And, how can Rufus still alive from Diamond Weapon attack. Look at the cinematic movie at end of Disk 2, how can someone survice from that attack, he is at the top of the building, and the building is crushed by Diamond beam.

Reno used Phoenix Down on Rufus.. lol.. :bash

Offline swtazngal

FINAL FANTASY
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2007, 03:25:10 PM »
.....I have a deja vu feeling about this thread....Was there another thread like this? ...Maybe it was in a different forum lol

Well here's my input on the games....The ones that I've played so far...

FFI (GBA): It's an okay game. If I were a gamer at the time this game came out I probably would've liked it...But overall, the plot was a little cliche.

FFII (GBA): Storywise, better than FFI

FFIV (GBA): Rofl oh man the improvements of this games based on the story...It just gets better and better! Quite a few humorous moments..and I like humor XD Haven't beaten the game yet though...^^;;

FFV (GBA): I only began the beginning of the game...^^; Yes I'm a lozer....But I like chocobos.

FFVII (PC): Oh man!! THIS GAME ROCKS!!!! TOTALLY awesome!!! Out of all the Final Fantasy games out there...This game has the most that I like! Cloud, Tifa, Vincent, Reno, Rude, Rufus, Marlene...Red XIII....And not to mention the great amount of humor!! Oh man it's great, and yet it still maintains a VERY good level of drama and seriousness. The story..is very complex, and it's further demonstrated in the bajillion sequals too. Yeah, so awesome!!

FFX: This was my FIRST FF game ever! I loved it, great graphics (though not perfect but hey nothing I should complain about right?) Second favorite FF game ^^ You got good graphics, good story, good characters...It might not be as twisted as FFVII (imo) but it's really good. And Sin looks like a mix of a hamster without fur and a whale......That's what I thought the first time I saw the ugly thing LOL

FFX2: It's good...I mean I like FFX better, but it has some good points to it. It's something that completes and compliments FFX with Tidus and all. And I like the idea of how the endings are tweaked depending on what you do and how you get them..Yeah...

All together between the X games: Wakka's left an influence in my speech. SOmetimes I end up saying "ya?" at the end of sentences.

That's all the games I've played SO FAR. I'm planning to play FFIII (DS), FFVI (JAP, GBA), and FFVIII (PC).

Offline Roxy36

FINAL FANTASY
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2007, 02:14:22 PM »
FINAL FANTASY 7 is probably my most favorite out of the series... i guess it's because it was my first final fantasy game.. plus, the characters and the story is amazing!! i mean, they had a movie made just for final fantasy 7 plus, they're remaking it for the ps3! XD

can't wait to see how that'll turn out...

RED XIII + Yuffie = MADNESS!! XD

oo, did anyone check out the preview for FF XIII btw? it looks pretty rad..

Offline Shuyu

FINAL FANTASY
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2007, 04:58:19 PM »
Actually, both Tetsuya Nomura and Yoshinori Kitase said that Square isn't remaking FFVII for the PS3, but they have a lot of staff members asking if it's in the cards. I think they'll cave to their employees before they cave to the fans. XD

And in the most recent EGM, they said they would like to have a playable demo out for FFXIII, and possibly Versus XIII by the end of the year, with the actual full release scheduled tentatively for 2008. Lightning is awesome. ... And sexy...

And let's not forget that Crisis Core will be released in Japan on September 13 (10 days before my birthday, woot!) and it has a whole heap of Genesis action. The CC FMV Genesis looks so much like Gackt it's not funny. I did not know the PSP was capable of that. ... Gackt is also sexy...