Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Paramore  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Cross

Paramore
« on: June 16, 2007, 12:19:46 PM »
I thought I could share one of my personal favorite artists/band with you. The band is called Paramore, and I would strongly recommend that all of you check them out. Hayley Williams' vocals are absolutely amazing, and she has such a beautiful voice. The music style that the band plays would fall under the pop category, and they are a bit more upbeat and rocking compared to YUI's material, but if you like girl singers don't overloook this band, they are seriously amazing. I was fortunate enough to see them perform live when they came to Toronto last year and played at The Opera House. They give a really energetic performance and The Opera House is a great venue due to its rather small size of the club.

You can check out Paramore on either purevolume or Myspace. They recently released a new album called RIOT!, which would be their second album. They belong to Fueled By Ramen Records, the same label that Fall Out Boy previously belonged to. I am loving every single track off the new CD, and so I just wanted to share the love  :)         

Purevolume: http://www.purevolume.com/paramore

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/paramore

Offline wint007

Paramore
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2007, 12:53:55 PM »
I fell in love with their music because of their songs "Never Let This Go" and "Pressure". They're both emo and fun to listen to at the same time.haha

Offline JustAnotherYUILover

Paramore
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2007, 01:24:58 AM »
I'm checking this band out right now. Cross any recommended songs?

Offline Cross

Paramore
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2007, 08:29:16 AM »
Quote from: "JustAnotherYUILover"
I'm checking this band out right now. Cross any recommended songs?
I can definitely recommend some songs to you  :)         

From their first album, "All We Know Is Falling", these are my favorite tracks:

Pressure (available on their Myspace and Purevolume page)
Brighter (available on their Myspace and Purevolume page)
Never Let This Go
Whoa
Franklin
My Heart

On RIOT!, there's only one song up from that album, which is called "Misery Business". It's a catchy song, but not really my favorite. The following are my favorite tracks from RIOT!

For A Pessimist, I'm Pretty Optimistic
That's What You Get
Hallelujah
When It Rains
Born For This

I wouldn't recommend downloading their songs because I like to encourage supporting artists and their work. But I suppose if you're not sure if the music is to your liking, you could perhaps download some songs and if you find that you really enjoy it, go out and buy their album! I know I will once I'm finally finished school next week!

Paramore
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2007, 08:32:14 AM »
@Cross:I won't dl them hah. I'll just go to esnips to listen to them and try it out. If I like it I'll find an alternative without dling it. Oh sounds cool. I get out of school next week too.

Offline wint007

Paramore
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2007, 03:52:56 PM »
Cross: you don't like "Here We Go Again"? That song was so cool.  :lol:

Offline Cross

Paramore
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2007, 10:07:19 PM »
Quote from: "wint007"
Cross: you don't like "Here We Go Again"? That song was so cool.  :lol:
I pretty much like every one of their songs, I'm only naming my favorites!  :D

Paramore
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 08:07:07 AM »
Wow this is new for me. I just found out that Hayley Williams took Singing Success!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zx2QNj6nJz0&mode=related&search=

Offline Riyu October3

Paramore
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 08:54:46 PM »
I like their song ''Misery Business'' :clap really cool rock song!

Offline nataliejwong

Paramore
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 07:15:16 AM »
Quote from: "Riyu October3"
I like their song ''Misery Business'' :clap really cool rock song!
*Nods*

I like their acoustic version... :P         
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiR838VOCrA

*Hm Mm...Taylor! Do do do... * Haha.

Offline cloudscream

Paramore
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2007, 04:06:41 PM »
i like paramore a lot.

best songs

pressure
emergency
brighter
my heart
conspiracy
for a pessimist im pretty optimistic
that's what you get
misery business
let the flames begin
miracle
born for this

Offline pinku

Paramore
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 11:56:44 AM »
ive heard some of their songs on MTV and MYX...

quite nice... il definitely check out... those songs that cloud-san listed above ^___^

Offline avriladdict

Paramore
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2007, 05:10:15 PM »
I LOVE PARAMORE!! <3
i just heard misery business on radio. yeah i think hayley has a very dynamic personality.. and she bring something refreshing to the music industry! continue supporting paramore! they'll be huge some day!

Offline cloudscream

Paramore
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2007, 05:39:48 PM »
paramore's new vid for Crushcrushcrush - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ei8hPkyJ0bU

Offline Cross

Paramore
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2007, 12:58:21 AM »
I'm seeing Paramore tonight in concert with The Starting Line. This will be the second time that I see Paramore and the third time for TSL. I'm quite excited  :clap

***Concert Report***

Paramore were AWESOME. Hayley is just a natural at dazzling everyone with her presence and charm. Her voice is absolutely beautiful and she hits every note that she sings right on key. Additionally it's always cool to watch Josh and Jeremy perform live, they flat out rock. My favorite song to see them play is Pressure simply because Jeremy performs some crazy moves which include rolling off Josh's back, haha - I totally want to rip that move off from him. Zac is a solid drummer as well and my brother can definitely attest to that. But once again, the real star of the show is in fact Hayley - she is EXTREMELY cute when she moves around on stage, I'm not even going to lie. Great show, it was well worth going to   :good