Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Everyone's Guitars!  (Read 33800 times)

Offline br4d137

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2007, 06:37:09 AM »
OooOoo.. i want a martin!!

i think ima get Martin DXK2 Koa Acoustic Guitar its dirt cheap for a martin..

and i heard some good reviews on it..

Offline kokoling

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2007, 08:03:22 AM »
Koa wood is getting more and more rare these days and it has a warm tone too. You should go for it.

Offline nataliejwong

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2007, 11:27:41 AM »
So many pretty guitars... Martin / Fender ... o_x And... wha... President of USA guitar? That's just really odd. Haha. Does Bush play the guitar?!

Hmm... Koa is expensive... :(

Offline Hillshire

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2007, 11:57:23 AM »
hello hello everyone!

i just stumbled across an awesome manufacture site and found out about Ruokangas guitars...anyone know of them or play one of these?

all Ruokangas guitars - in the Mojo, V.S.O.P, custom, and Duke series - are hand built and are absolutely beautiful!

here's a guitar that i would LOVE to have...

Ruokangas Duke Royale

2-piece Spanish Cedar body
Carved top
Top thickness 12mm in the middle of the body
Black body binding with white purfling stripe
Body contour on backside
3-piece laminated Spanish Cedar neck
Genuine pearl inlays (logo and 12th fret)
4 degrees neck angle
Ebony fretboard
Ebony fretboard bindings to hide the fret tangs
12 degrees headstock angle
Ebony headstock veneer
High Gloss finish
Moose chin bone nut
Compensated 24.75" scale length
12" fretboard radius
2-way adjustable trussrod
22 frets
Ruokangas Dukebucker or SingleSonic pickups
Graphite paint shielding
Schaller tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece
Schaller locking tuners
Schaller straplocks
Elixir strings

sooooooo awesomeeeee............

Offline eting

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2007, 05:22:29 PM »
OH MY GOSH...!!!  :o         

That looks so sweet... I just love the finish on the body... Plus it's semi-hollow.... hand-made....
All i can say is....

WOW!

I wonder how much that would cost you....

I've never heard of Ruokangas guitars before though... But i "assume" that they'd be pretty decent... But don't trust my opinion... I'm just awe-struck by it's beauty....

Offline sonic87

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2007, 06:33:19 PM »
WOw... nice guitar...

I have a Yamaha F-340... :lol:

But its really old and almost EOL due to poor maintenance...  :huhuhu

When can I get a new guitar??? :huh:

Offline speedphantom

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2007, 08:54:04 PM »
Quote from: "eting"
Hi guys,
This is my first guitar which i bought about two months ago. It's a Fender Standard Strat HSS. The versatility of stratocasters is what first attracted me to them. Plus, I just love the classic strat look!

Oh, and I also have the Roland Cube 20X for my amp, but I can't be bothered taking a pic of it...
Whoa is that your first guitar?! :o         

Have you played any other type of guitar before that one?

I'm not really a fan of the hollow bodied F-hole ones even though I'm sure they sound good though :lol:

Deleted User

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2007, 09:15:47 PM »
Heh... for a second there, I thought that Bush's guitar could be a Taylor.

Grand Auditorium Shape;
Same Cutaway;
White skirting down the neck;
Headstock is almost the same with gold tuning pegs, and the shape is "almost" the same;

But, the name on the headstock seems too long;
No pickguard.

Meh, who knows?

Yep, guitars are in Australia are way expensive. (Although I did manage to get all but 1 of my guitars tax free, they've since changed the law. I did get that one at close to cost though) Unfortunately, it's all about who you know. I saved more than A$1300 off my Taylor cos my friend used to work at the shop...

I'm loving the price of guitars (and guitar accessories) in Japan... compared to Australia anyway...

That being said it's also alot easier to buy really really expensive guitars here. My fav music store has "prestige floors" which sells... u guessed it "prestige guitars". Average price of a guitar on those floors would be... maybe 300,000yen, with the most expensive one I've seen 3,000,000yen. u do the math...

A friend of mine recently bought a DX-1, I'll check it out when I visit home in the next 2 weeks.

Offline eting

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2007, 10:54:43 PM »
Quote from: "speedphantom"
Hi guys,
This is my first guitar which i bought about two months ago. It's a Fender Standard Strat HSS. The versatility of stratocasters is what first attracted me to them. Plus, I just love the classic strat look!

Oh, and I also have the Roland Cube 20X for my amp, but I can't be bothered taking a pic of it...

I'm not really a fan of the hollow bodied F-hole ones even though I'm sure they sound good though :lol:
Yeah, it's the first guitar that i bought.

I was lucky enough to be able to start playing guitar using my friend's steel string acoustic that i borrowed for about 5 months. That gave me enough time to see whether or not i was serious about playing. I can't remember the brand or model of the guitar, but my friend said it was just a cheap one that he got as b'day present. It was well used though... but poorly maintained... The strings were green due to oxidation....

When I first started looking at guitars, I was thinking of buying a squire, but after talking to some people and reading a few forums, the general opinion I found was that the jump in quality from the Squire to the Mexican Fender was more than worth the doubling in price (The same with the jump from Mexican to the American Fenders... but the American Fenders just cost too much here in Australia).

Deleted User

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2007, 01:29:44 AM »
Ah, flashy flying V XD

I'm just wondering how you actually one of those sitting down? Since the strat, tele, Les Paul's etc all have the curved part which can sit on top of your right leg.
for me its really god damn hard to sit with it XD i have to sit in a weird way to keep it up =P but its all cool gets annoying sometime but not a biggy

Offline nataliejwong

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2007, 02:02:33 AM »
Quote from: "Hillshire"
hello hello everyone!

i just stumbled across an awesome manufacture site and found out about Ruokangas guitars...anyone know of them or play one of these?

all Ruokangas guitars - in the Mojo, V.S.O.P, custom, and Duke series - are hand built and are absolutely beautiful!

here's a guitar that i would LOVE to have...

Ruokangas Duke Royale

2-piece Spanish Cedar body
Carved top
Top thickness 12mm in the middle of the body
Black body binding with white purfling stripe
Body contour on backside
3-piece laminated Spanish Cedar neck
Genuine pearl inlays (logo and 12th fret)
4 degrees neck angle
Ebony fretboard
Ebony fretboard bindings to hide the fret tangs
12 degrees headstock angle
Ebony headstock veneer
High Gloss finish
Moose chin bone nut
Compensated 24.75" scale length
12" fretboard radius
2-way adjustable trussrod
22 frets
Ruokangas Dukebucker or SingleSonic pickups
Graphite paint shielding
Schaller tune-o-matic bridge and tailpiece
Schaller locking tuners
Schaller straplocks
Elixir strings

sooooooo awesomeeeee............
This guitar reminds me of PRS guitars. The colour and shiny gloss finish...  :o          The grain of the wood looks really interesting.. it's all wavy!

Offline Hillshire

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2007, 08:23:01 AM »

for anyone who is wondering just about how much a Ruokangas Royale like the one i posted...i've asked around and came down with a rough estimate

a girl named Sarah purchased a Duke DeLuxe (two classes lower than the Royale) handbuilt by the Finnish luthier Juha Ruokangas himself and she paid

Deleted User

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2007, 11:34:33 AM »
cool thread, and that Ruokangas guitar looks sooo cool!!!
anyway... i got my classical guitar which i don't know the brand of...(got it when i was little at some chinese store :blink:          )

that and  i got my fender stratocaster 50th anniversary. lol look at the avatar

Offline Hanai

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2007, 01:23:09 PM »
I wanna get one too.
I wanna buy Acoustic Guitar. "Fender" Maker.
Waw, that's really great you know.

For Electric guitar i like the one that Pactrick Stump (Fall Out Boy) has it. It has a great design and also all the specs is great.
(specs? like computer isn't it heheheh)

Offline speedphantom

Everyone's Guitars!
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2007, 08:14:18 PM »
Hi guys,

Yeah, it's the first guitar that i bought.

I was lucky enough to be able to start playing guitar using my friend's steel string acoustic that i borrowed for about 5 months. That gave me enough time to see whether or not i was serious about playing. I can't remember the brand or model of the guitar, but my friend said it was just a cheap one that he got as b'day present. It was well used though... but poorly maintained... The strings were green due to oxidation....

When I first started looking at guitars, I was thinking of buying a squire, but after talking to some people and reading a few forums, the general opinion I found was that the jump in quality from the Squire to the Mexican Fender was more than worth the doubling in price (The same with the jump from Mexican to the American Fenders... but the American Fenders just cost too much here in Australia).
Wow haha. Thats 2 steps above where you were starting at haha. I have a Squier, never really thought about getting a Fender or anything since I didn't have the money and I wouldn't be able to make the most of it since I would be able to play up the a high enough standard to fully appreciate the quality haha.

But wow, $833 AUD for that!! Where did you get it? My friend got the Fender American Strat HSS Deluxe for $1400 AUD in HK. My Squier cost $279 AUD haha.