Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DEATH  (Read 2697 times)

Offline cyclo

DEATH
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2010, 06:26:32 PM »
I believe that when you die, the state of mind you are in at the moment of death persists for eternity.
I think As ur brain begins to shut down, your perception of time slows down until a second may feel like an eternity. So if you are in a state of panic that very instant you die, you feel that panic forever. If you are calm and at peace with the world, then u will feel calm and at peace with the world forever, and so on.
That's my answer to heaven hell and purgatory, that they are not places but eternal states of mind, I cannot fathom the bible's eternity in any other way, even though I am RC :/

So to that end, I try to make sure that I am always at peace with everything, so that even if I die a sudden death, hopefully my mind will switch quickly enough in anticipation and accept my fate. Then I will be able to rest in peace :good

Just my two cents :sry

Offline Tetsuo

DEATH
« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2010, 02:37:57 AM »
I don't believe in heaven or hell. I don't follow the bible, I am a christian, tho (just because my parents and relatives wanted to). Even though, I consider myself an atheist. So when it comes to death, I believe that our soul/spirit/mind get out of our bodies and it keeps wandering around until a certein time and then it reincarnates to someone else.
I agree a little bit with cyclo saying that our state of minds persist, but not for eternity, just until they reincarnate. And the amount of time we stay out of the bodies depends on how long you lived. And this appllies to animals too. There is nothing different between humans and the others, we consider ourselves rational and other animals irrational, but I completely disagree with that. We just have a more developed way of organizing ourselves into societies. (ok, this part is completely out of topic)
And so, this is the cycle of life that I believe in: We live, we die, we wander around, we reincarnate and then it begins all over again.

Offline /\/\r.x

DEATH
« Reply #32 on: December 25, 2010, 08:02:08 AM »
This is what I live By :

"Life is like a ride in an amusement park. When you go on it, you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down and around and around; it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud and it's fun for awhile. Some have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered and they come back to us and they say, 'Hey! Don't worry! Don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride!'

And we kill those people.

'Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride! Shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This has to be real.'

It's just a ride. But we kill those good guys who try to tell us that, you ever notice that? And we let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride, and we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a choice right now, between fear and love." - Bill Hicks

I could care less whether there is a heaven or hell , the only thing that matters is now.

Offline cyclo

DEATH
« Reply #33 on: December 25, 2010, 08:45:49 PM »
Quote from: "/\/\r.x"
This is what I live By :

"Life is like a ride in an amusement park. When you go on it, you think it's real, because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down and around and around; it has thrills and chills and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud and it's fun for awhile. Some have been on the ride for a long time and they begin to question: is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered and they come back to us and they say, 'Hey! Don't worry! Don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride!'

And we kill those people.

'Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride! Shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This has to be real.'

It's just a ride. But we kill those good guys who try to tell us that, you ever notice that? And we let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride, and we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a choice right now, between fear and love." - Bill Hicks

I could care less whether there is a heaven or hell , the only thing that matters is now.

well said :good

Offline SoraHikari

DEATH
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2011, 05:22:32 PM »
Quote from: "/\/\r.x"

i'm with you there! :good

Offline giovanniriot8

DEATH
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2011, 05:54:31 PM »
This one sure is a heavy topic .__.

Well this is my opinion.

I always believe that everything that we have given to people in life will return to us.
So I think that when the death comes, what we did in our life to others will happen to us, too.
I believe in Jesus, so I do believe that heaven and hell exist.
But heaven in my thoughts doesn't look like an amusement park or huge land with grass on it and full of trees.
It looks peaceful, yes, but in my mind, heaven is something that will make you happy forever.
It's a place with no evil, lust, harm, or anything that could make you feel uncomfortable.

And hell is a place that can make you wish that you were never been born, never been existed.

For me, death itself makes people want to live their life to the fullest.
If there were no death, life wouldn't be so worthy.
If there were no evil, kindness would lose its meaning.
Death exists to make life meaningful.

Offline cyclo

DEATH
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2011, 11:20:55 PM »
Quote from: "giovanniriot8"
Death exists to make life meaningful.
Beautiful

DEATH
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2011, 03:49:21 AM »
its nice to see people not take a cynical view of life. Personally like many other idiotic philosophers thinks death makes life meaningless. Absurdism, existentialism blah blah blah.

I would love to believe in an afterlife, or a higher being judging us but can't seem to take anyones word/authority.I mean if there is you were right woohoo if you were wrong about (e.g.) the afterlife then it wouldnt matter since you cant worry.

Offline cyclo

DEATH
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2011, 08:29:48 AM »
Living life to the fullest can mean many things, from murdering as many people as you can to saving as many lives as you can. But the promise of punishment or reward in the afterlife based on your thoughts and actions now is what I believe keeps many people from becoming reckless.

Which is why I choose to believe in the creator and an afterlife... Everything to gain and nothing to lose. Even if I were wrong, I want to know that I've done my share at the end of my life. That feeling of completion and wholeness at the end a person's life, that's heaven.

Offline /\/\r.x

DEATH
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2011, 11:46:04 AM »
Quote from: "pandas who read this scare me"
its nice to see people not take a cynical view of life. Personally like many other idiotic philosophers thinks death makes life meaningless. Absurdism, existentialism blah blah blah.

I would love to believe in an afterlife, or a higher being judging us but can't seem to take anyones word/authority.I mean if there is you were right woohoo if you were wrong about (e.g.) the afterlife then it wouldnt matter since you cant worry.  
Yeah you can't really take life seriously or you'll just spend all your time worrying. Death , if you really think about it , is beautiful. You live your life and at the end of it there is peace. For me hell would be living forever , watching everybody you care about die.

Offline giovanniriot8

DEATH
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2011, 07:58:27 PM »
Quote from: "cyclo"
That feeling of completion and wholeness at the end a person's life, that's heaven.

Agree with this one.

Personally, I'm not afraid of death.
Because everybody will die. It's just about when and how will you experience it.
For me, death isn't scary at all.

I'm just afraid that I don't have enough time to finish everything that I should do.
I'm not afraid of the death itself.
I'm just afraid that death will come faster than I thought.
I'm afraid of facing the life-after-death because I still don't know what would it be like.

Feeling afraid won't solve anything anyway.
So, I do what I wanna do in my life.
I have to make sure that when the death comes, I will not regret every single thing that happened in my life.

Offline akuma_tsubasa

DEATH
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2011, 06:31:00 AM »
die, rebirth, baby, adult, old, baby again so on :hee

Offline klaudia16

DEATH
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2011, 11:36:48 AM »
i just love this kind of topics cause it gets u to think. anyway i do believe that theres something after death.  to me its impossible to think that when u die u die and thats it. i mean what happens to ur soul? im not really  scared to die but how i die. i want a painless death...hopefully in my sleep.
for me its also hard to believe in God and u know i was raised as a christian. but i wanna believe in Him cause its kind of scary to think that we're alone and theres no one to have faith in.
i dont know what i am. cause im not an atheist. some part of still believes in Him. so idk!!!!!!!
but when my little brothers ask me if i believe in Him i tell them that i do. they are too young to lose faith or get disappointed or to believe in nothing. and i hope they never stop believing in God.
to be honest i admire in those that truly believe in God, like my mother and some friends of mine. its just wow.
so im kind of open to other theories.

Offline CHU-LIP

DEATH
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2011, 10:24:26 AM »
I believe that we do have something spiritual within our bodies and that we move onto something after life. However, I can't say I really believe in the whole heaven and hell business - well, mainly the hell part with all the fire and being underground etc...

Quote from: "cyclo"
That feeling of completion and wholeness at the end a person's life, that's heaven.
Yes, this is what I go by to be honest. As long as one is satisfied by the way they lived their life, I think that feeling is the most important and determined if one is ready to move onto the afterlife.
I'll be→ ♪ 「もし孤独に負けそうならねぇ、好きな歌を聴いてみてほしい」

♥ → ♪last.fm → ×twitter → ♫NICOとニュース

Offline trekkie

DEATH
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2011, 01:30:13 AM »
Granted, I've only lived just over a quarter of my lifespan (hopefully), and as my old man always said, you see things differently when you're older, but I've pretty much made up my mind about death at this point in my life.

A wise man once said, the entirety of an individual's life is represented by what he/she gives to others. That's been by life-long motto, and I intend to live my life that way, and hopefully I'll have no regrets when I finally leave.

Now, I'm an atheist, so heaven and hell means schmuck to me. When I die I don't expect to ever live again, and they's why I've got to make the most out of this one life.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 01:52:37 AM by trekkie »