Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any [LINKIN PARK] fan here?  (Read 5887 times)

Deleted User

Any [LINKIN PARK] fan here?
« Reply #30 on: April 06, 2007, 04:44:37 AM »
yeah, i love this song as well!! i've been listening to it for like the entire day so far :blink:         

i have to video too, they look so different, but Linkin Park ROCKSS!!!

Offline gnaxiw

« Reply #31 on: April 06, 2007, 11:48:50 PM »
Ok so many linkin park fans here. Does anyone know what happened to lpfan.com? As I'm typing, a linkin park song's playing in my mind.. And one..

Deleted User

« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2007, 03:00:36 AM »
Yeah lp has some really good songs. Not all of them though.
My first song I heard from the was: In The End
I really like that song.

Offline iron_turkey

« Reply #33 on: April 07, 2007, 08:44:45 AM »
yeah The Rising Tied has some pretty darn good songs!

my favouite tracks on the CD is:

- Remember the name
- Petrified
- In Stereo
- Where'd you go (of course!)
- Back home

Offline haeinze

« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2007, 06:52:07 AM »
I like LP song but not as much i love YUI!!   hahah

Offline cloudscream

« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2007, 02:14:04 PM »
Quote from: "blue cat"
Anyone here part of the LPU?
And, any YUI-LOVERs here a part of either the offline/online LP Street Team? :)         

For me, YES on both. Proud member of the LPU since the LPU v.1, and proud offline street team member since around the time "Meteora" was going to be released.  :biggrin
me.. onine LP street team member..

Offline Hanai

« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2007, 04:47:26 PM »
Anyway , LP will released their new album "Minutes to Midnight" on May.

I've see the new Single PV "What I've Done".
Waw, Chester voice are very amazing when singing.

Offline speedphantom

« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2007, 11:58:23 AM »
Haha, the video's great! I really like the message they are putting across. Very political.

They all look cool in their black shadowy clothing XD

LP is the most frustrating to sing since the verses are manageable then Chester goes into his high voice which is about 5 octaves out of my range XD

Offline Hanai

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2007, 11:36:50 PM »
Hey , my friend got the new song of LP again.
This is one on their single.

I forgot the title.

Still wait for the new album! May 15th

Offline AeroStatic

« Reply #39 on: April 30, 2007, 02:59:28 AM »
Yeh I like LP a lot too. My first song I heard of them was crawling, and after hearing that it got my interest. Now I still listen to their songs. But as said before: No one to beat YUI so far! :thumbsup:

Offline the_alchemist

« Reply #40 on: May 06, 2007, 07:04:46 PM »
LP rocks!! their newest mv, what i've done, is awesome.... :thumbsup:

Offline chronopaladin91

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2007, 08:01:05 AM »
YEAH Linkin Park is awesome! Their songs are great and I can't wait for their album.

Actually my sis is seeing them and a lot of other bands tonight at a concert.

Offline blue cat

« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2007, 05:26:15 PM »
I'm not sure how many of you are aware of this, but LP's newest album "Minutes to Midnight" leaked onto the net last week. The first time I listened to the album in full (from beginning to end), I was...

...EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED!!!

I know LINKIN PARK had stated in all their interviews in the past year that they're going with a new style and direction for this album, and completely killing off the nu-metal/rap-rock style that they're known and loved for, but nothing they said could prepare me (and hundreds and thousands of others) for what was to be their first album in 4 years...

What I was so disappointed about in "Minutes to Midnight" was the following:

1. After four years, we (the fans) only get 12 NEW songs... ONLY 12!!! And one song is just an intro instrumental track, so that's basically ONLY 11 SONGS!!! In comparison to "Hybrid Theory" and "Meteora", it's their longest album, but only by about 7 minutes...

2. Mike [Shinoda] only raps on TWO songs!!

3. Joe's turntable scratching is GONE!! He does some scratching on "What I've Done" but that's about it for the rest of the album.

4. There's only 2 hard rock songs, and there's only 3 songs that Chester screams his lungs out on... The rest of the songs are all emo-ballads...

My grade for the album, based on my first listen... 3/10

Pretty much, "Minutes to Midnight" is ballad-heavy album, which completely ditches the old rap-rock LP that we all once knew and presents a more pop-oriented/ballad-driven/emo/much softer LP. If you're looking for more of LP's old stuff, you're looking in the wrong place. If not, well keep on reading!! ;)         

So with my disappointment, I really had to sleep on it, and I really had to think about this album. I kept asking myself, how could it take 4 years to release something like this?!?! I'm a diehard hardcore LP fan (yes, as much as I love YUI and her music, LINKIN PARK comes first for me), and I just couldn't live with being disappointed by their latest effort.

I didn't force myself to like the album. Instead, I went into listening the album again (without comparing it to their old works). I listened to every lyric, every nuance, every beat, every strum of the guitar, every bit of detail my ears could muster from the sound of the NEW Linkin Park. And then I found some interesting about each song. Rather than loving the band more, I started falling in love with the band all over again. The band has expressed their interest that they completely ditched the nu-metal/rap-rock style cuz they never wanted to be associated with that style from the beginning. They didn't want to make "THE TRILOGY" for this new album. They wanted to move on. To make the kind of music that inspired them: old-school hip hop, punk, and classic rock. It definitely shows here in "Minutes to Midnight".

I took a step back and analyzed their new style, without comparing it to their old repertoire of work. It

Offline cloudscream

« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2007, 06:31:08 PM »
Linkin Park, WHAT IS THIS??

Your music has matured?? How did you do that? Almost every line is important in every song of MtM...

Wow...

Linkin Park has stepped up their performance. Vocals, rhymes, guitars, bass, drums, beats, electronic stuff, and your samples!
No more nu-metal, but more meaningful and haunting songs. :lol:
Minutes to Midnight is infused with lots of emotions..maybe that's why the album took 4 yrears to make.
You can feel the anger, sadness, loneliness, pity, hate, love,
regret, repentance
and happiness in this record...
This record is about yourself, your relationship with other people and your political awareness.
The heavy tracks in MtM sure rock! And the ballads will surely bring a specific emotion and feeling every time you listen to it,
maybe it can make your eyes teary...  :(         

GREAT JOB LINKIN PARK!!!
Goodbye In The End and Numb.
Welcome Leave Out All The Rest.   :)

Offline pinku

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2007, 07:32:51 PM »
oopsie looks like i "accidentally" clicked "fast reply"

*hahaz* *continues posting*

i know them my friend likes them...

not to mention their song "numb" was repeated in hot103 almost 25 times in an hour...

forgot the titles to the songs i like by them...

i love their album covers btw...

okay so bye... i dont think i belong here *runs away*