Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any [LINKIN PARK] fan here?  (Read 5879 times)

Offline cloudscream

Any [LINKIN PARK] fan here?
« on: February 15, 2007, 02:53:26 PM »
well, 'coz i'm from the Linkin Park forums, i just want to know if there are any [LP] fan here in this great YUI message boards.  :)

Offline iron_turkey

« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 02:57:28 PM »
man I love Linkin Park and Fort Minor.. i know a lot of people say Fort Minor sucks, but I think they're really good  B)         

Just that one is mixed hip hop and hard rock.. the other one is plain rock.. I don't see whats wrong with Fort Minor!! LOL mike is still in it.. :weirdpc

anyway thats just my point of view.. what about you people?

and again.. I'm loving your picture.. it is such a pretty picture

Offline cloudscream

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 03:17:57 PM »
I like Fort Minor a lot.
yeah, many didnt like it. maybe those are metal fans or gangsta hippop-ers.  :P

Offline br4d137

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 03:33:01 PM »
LP is awesome!

whens their new album comming out... i heard soon....

LP's songs r the only ones i sing at karaoke

Offline cloudscream

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2007, 03:40:35 PM »
LP's new album will be coming out hmm..not sure... the guys on the LP forums say April, May or June.

LP has not stated a release date yet. But they are already doing some finishing touches on the album.

Offline blue cat

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 07:42:14 PM »
It's about time someone's made an LP topic thread here!!! :)         

LINKIN PARK is my all-time #1 favorite band (and has been since they released Hybrid Theory back in 2000)!!!! :D         

I have all their albums (including Reanimation, LIVE IN TEXAS, and the Jay-Z/LP mash-up), their DVDs, their original Hybrid Theory EP (the one with the baby on the cover), and all their LPU fanclub CDs. :)         
Not to mention owning posters, t-shirts, their FROM THE INSIDE art book, etc. Pretty much whenever LP releases something, I have to get it!!

Plus, I've been a part of LINKIN PARK street team since the METEORA days. Distributing sampler CDs and stickers to whomever. :thumbsup:

AND, out of the many celebs/professionals (in the film and music industries) that I've been given the pleasure of meeting and talking to in my life, I'll always cherish when I met DJ Joe Hahn, and talked with about movies for half an hour. :D         

I once went to three Linkin Park concerts in less than a year: the LPU concert (a week before METEORA was released), the Summer Sanitarium tour (with Metallica, Limp Bizkit, Deftones, and Mudvayne), and their METEORA World Tour (with Story of the Year, Hoobastank, and P.O.D.).

So, I'm dying to go one of their concerts!!

As for their new material... well, they've officially announced their new single will come out in March, but their album is slated for either an April or May release. And for those that don't know, they're completely changing their style. They no longer wanted to be associated as a rock-rap band (or a nu-metal band). I'm a little worried about it, but I still have confidence that it'll be a great album.  :thumbsup:

Offline cherii

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 07:45:17 PM »
I wouldn't consider myself a fan, but I do like a few of the songsd I've heard from them. At the moment though, I'm going to be sticking to Asian songs and maybe some Western songs. Nothing too heavily influencing at the moment. It's just so new to me...Asian music and stuff. But when I was younger, I was a fan.

Offline blue cat

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 07:52:29 PM »
Also, I too really like Fort Minor. When I first heard The Rising Tied, I didn't like it that much. But I kept on listening to it and WOW, it's actually pretty damn good!! My favorite tracks would have to be:

-The Hard Way
-Where'd You Go
-Believe Me
-Kenji
-High Road

I'm really anxious to hear Chester's solo album (which has been delayed, I think till next year). For those who don't know, his solo name is Snow White Tan. ;)         

As for my TOP 10 LINKIN PARK SONGS (not including their remixes or collaborations like the songs with Jay-Z, Handsome Boy Modeling School, or the Xecutioners). So pretty much my favorites from both Hybrid Theory, METEORA, and any of their unreleased tracks on their LPU CDs.

1. My December
2. In The End
3. Numb
4. Faint
5. Somewhere I Belong
6. Forgotten
7. Breaking The Habit
8. With You
9. Pushing Me Away
10. Dedicated

Offline cloudscream

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2007, 02:57:16 PM »
^^ someone i can relate to.  :D         

i also like Fort Minor. Mike Shinoda is a genius. He has some connection to YUI 'coz Mike's half Japanese.  :lol:

I like the idea of LP's change in music style and their discarding of the nu-metal sound.  Maybe they're like Korn and other nu-metal bands in their earlier days, but Linkin Park is a unique band and they will prove in their next album that they are not caged in the nu-metal genre. I wish them success in their next record.  :)         

They gave as the nu-metal sound, hip hop, electronica, alternative rock, Mike's brilliant rhymes and Chester's angsty screaming. Now they're going to show their fans, music lovers and critics what they are really made of. hahah!   XD

[LP] rules forever.

Offline nataliejwong

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 03:02:57 PM »
Yep. Their music sound nice. Mike Shinoda! He went to design school... majored in graphic design too. :lol:

Deleted User

« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2007, 05:40:18 PM »
i'm a little LP fan......;)
because i like Evanescence more than LP

but i still hope can hear their new album soon :toast

Offline ItIsHerWhoDidIt

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2007, 08:49:38 PM »
cool thing about linkin park is that their music can stick to you forever
i haven't heard any of their songs in ages, but when any of their songs suddenly pops out on the raido, i can still remember every detail of that particular song, that's the impact they've had on me

Offline kh7yusuke

« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2007, 12:14:51 AM »
i love songs of them....but i somewhat really don't like them..

Offline ayo23

« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2007, 08:41:17 AM »
favorite rock band,

Joseph Hahn's beat are awesome, favorite song gotta be either in the end or breaking the habit.

Offline Ty_Sylicus

« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2007, 01:13:49 PM »
Linkin Park is hands down my favorite American Rock Band! :guitar B)         

I've been a fan since I heard "Crawling" on the radio way back in the day! :lol: It's true, LP music really does stick with you forever and ever.

Fort Minor is amazing! The songs are really great, and the lyrics so well written! My hat is off to Mike Shinoda! *bows* ^_^         

Blue! So you're a HUGE fan eh? That's great! :D          Now we can all start a Linkin Park / Fort Minor fan club on YLr! :lol: