Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Single Male Rant~!  (Read 8781 times)

Offline Aurelio

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 04:12:25 PM »
check out Densha Otoko's real posts:
http://www.rinji.tv/densha/

The original Japanese version of 'Densha Otoko' took place on the internet, and an archive is available online. The book version was created from the online archive, however some parts of the text were slightly changed. This English translation is done from the online version, which is in the public domain.

HOWEVER, translation is a very personalized process and it disturbs me to see others using my work without permission. Translation is also covered under intellectual property law, so I ask that these translations are not to be reproduced in any way, shape or form. ^^; But please feel free to link to the Project - it is totally LINK FREE.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. m(__)m

Offline xxGAIASealxx

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 06:14:17 PM »
Ok today's valentine days... What ya guys did?
I stayed at home..  :huhuhu

Offline hebikage

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 02:28:31 AM »
meh, i had to go to class...as expected, my batchmates wore something red and i wore black...they also expected that i would but a bouquet of roses for "her" but turns out not. it's just i feel like she doesn't like me...it's not that i hate v-day or girls...it's just i had this huge inferiority complex with such girls...sigh...

Offline br4d137

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 03:46:56 AM »
have confidence heb!

it sucks to have ur heart broken... but it sucks even more not to able to say whats in ur heart!

Offline s0l1dsn8k3

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 04:19:23 AM »
haha ... What happened there? Today is the day where this thread should blow up.

Offline viper92583

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2007, 04:39:48 AM »
V-day...one of those days that has never looked favorably on me...

1st girlfriend:  We broke up on V-day...then she told me she was moving to Cincinnati...

2nd:  We never actually made it to a V-day...I broke up with her shortly before my 19th birthday...

3rd (and so far, last):  We had a fight on V-day (3 years ago).  I tried to have everything planned, but at the last minute, lots of stuff with school came up and we had to cancel.  She didn't think I was romantic enough, and I didn't understand what she was talking about, as she always struck me as more practical and cold than romantic.  In the end, it was around V-day that we got together (3 years ago), and about 2 years later (almost to the day) that we called it quits...

V-day...such a bittersweet day...

and a day to remind me of things I want to say but can't...

Offline s0l1dsn8k3

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2007, 05:01:02 AM »
Sorry to hear that, viper.  Hope that it doesn't develop into a valentine's-day-phobia

Offline viper92583

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2007, 09:01:40 AM »
hehe

nope...i'm not afraid of valentine's day...it's just not a day i have ever seen the big deal about or particularly enjoyed, even when i wasn't single.  seeing all the couples around and that sorta stuff does make me a bit lonely sometimes, but that doesn't last long...i have to wonder if, in my life, i have to be on my own right now...get myself established and figure things (and myself) out...i'm just glad to have my circle of friends...beyond that, it doesn't seem to matter as much at the present...

i just wish i could get a few things off my mind...ah well...

Offline rubberduck

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2007, 10:07:16 AM »
We're here to listen if you want to get anything off your mind..

For me, I like being single. I have time now to go to the gym, study Japanese, learn guitar, play badminton and all the other things that I've been putting off.

My motivation now is a young lady in Texas, who loves J-culture as much as I do.. My goal is to meet her. In Australia, Texas or Japan... Doesn't matter.. ^_^

Offline iron_turkey

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2007, 10:40:22 AM »
LOL that is true.. girls are so.. ><" and they keep you so busy from doing all other things.. I dunno I only went out with a girl that i actually liked a lot once.. others were just playing around.. you know, how kids are "oh getting a boyfriend/girlfriend is cool! i wanna get one too.!!!" when they dont even like him/her  :hug .. infatuation.. thats the word.. hmm i dunno what i should put up.. mine isnt really a problem that other people can solve for me  :huhuhu

Offline xxGAIASealxx

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2007, 11:33:23 AM »
Maybe you can say.. Time is not right?? you may not have found the right person to be with?? well this ia a phase of life... but if u really like someone it is best to confessed... it feel much better even thoughu MAY get rejected but u feel much better when time to come ..

Offline hebikage

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2007, 02:03:24 AM »
Quote from: "br4d137"
have confidence heb!

it sucks to have ur heart broken... but it sucks even more not to able to say whats in ur heart!
yes i knew i have to have that confidence but i am still anxious on how she would react once i would spill it out...last year, in my Jap class, i had this girl and i had a big crush *crushing sound* on her...i tried to confess to her but she seems irate that she goes away whenever i am getting closer to her...until the time when we had to attend a farewell party...we dranked a lot of alcoholic drinks and she was drunk at that time...being curious, i asked her why she didn't like me and she retorted "it's because i didn't like you"...then being furious, i kept on asking the same question and kept on getting the same illogical reply...until something snapped inside of me and tried to commit suicide by jumping off a nearby ledge...luckily though, our frinds prevented me to do so...although i tried to get over that said event, i did by confessing all the rants for her to my guy friend (w/c was also our classmate)...he kept on listening and giving advices but what hurts me most is that he also like that girl...and the better part is they became lovers T_T...i felt cheated and betrayed twice by myself for doing such...that's why i had that "poem" written...

but still i dunno, maybe i'll try to approach her tomorrow...and finally what i really feel for her...even though it's an inevitable failure...which did remind me of my reaction earlier in our class...

Instructor: "Using the stethoscope, we could hear the sound of the heart beating..."

Me: "Sir, do you know what's the sound a broken-hearted person makes? T_T"

...but thanks anyway for the comment brad! (whoa, heb is nice although others call me "hebi"...~~,)

Offline xxGAIASealxx

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2007, 02:09:19 AM »
:huhuhu ... sad story.. but u gotta cheer up man... dun because of one tree give up the whole forest ( chinese saying)... if the person were to not like u let it be.. i had been rejected be4 .. is damn pain and i know it... but i had to get over it ..i told myself that this is life and i can't expect everything to go smoothly..

Offline hebikage

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2007, 02:46:58 AM »
Quote from: "xxGAIASealxx"
:huhuhu ... sad story.. but u gotta cheer up man... dun because of one tree give up the whole forest ( chinese saying)... if the person were to not like u let it be.. i had been rejected be4 .. is damn pain and i know it... but i had to get over it ..i told myself that this is life and i can't expect everything to go smoothly..
aw, but i forgot to mention, it almost happened to me a number of times already, except different faces, different gurls, different place, different times...i dunno if i am paranoid or it's really cyclical...i know i had to cheer up but i have to fake all the smiles just to let others know that i am still fine...

but okay, i'll straighten this out...i'll have to talk to her nevertheless...whatever the aftermath is, i have to take it...=_=

Offline s0l1dsn8k3

Single Male Rant~!
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2007, 03:19:01 AM »
Quote from: "iron_turkey"
you know, how kids are "oh getting a boyfriend/girlfriend is cool! i wanna get one too.!!!"
You sound like you're 28, rather than 14.  :lol: