Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Why did you learn the guitar?  (Read 5355 times)

Deleted User

Why did you learn the guitar?
« Reply #45 on: May 02, 2009, 04:56:47 AM »
i hope this thread is for violin, too :sry

I started playing the violin 9 month ago. I finished school that time and started my civilian service instead of going to the army (a good choice).

I wasn't interested in instruments before but i was good in hearing tones and a part of the school choir.

after school i had lots of free time and then i started to be jealous of my closest friends. They all played an instrument for a long time and had a band together.

So i looked around in my musical flavor. I heard Vanessa Mae that time and i liked her electric Violin. That instrument was something special.

I decided to give it a try and started violin lessons.  

After listening Vanessa Mae i tried to find more Asian Artists and found Yui. I didn't know if i were able to play her songs but her music touched me so much that i ordered her songs all collection.
I think her songs forced me to keep on learning.

you can image the rest of the story and its results are hearable here as a lot already know

in short form: my friends played instruments so i want to, too.  :sry

Offline Paramore

« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2009, 11:00:51 AM »
maybe because i was influenced by the band Blink 182, back when i was in high school... coz i really want to play their song "all the small things" and it was then and there that my friend who's a pro that taught me the basic...

but till now the chords that i know are the basic one... whenever i want to play a song.. i always go to you tube to copy the chords and the strumming...

Offline Saber

« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2011, 12:13:44 AM »
Because of lonlonjp the japanese guitarist on youtube but I quit 2 times already thinking because of thinking I can't get better, but ever since I listen to YUI's songs, she inspired me to play the guitar again, been playing for 1 month now, but this time I will not stop, YUI help me find my lifetime passion playing the guitar for that Arigatou Gozaimasu YUI-san love you forever, you inspire me everyday :suki  :suki  :suki

Offline UYL

« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2011, 07:23:05 PM »
I started playing guitar after hearing Che.r.ry that was played by my classmates when I was in first year high school. After that I started searching on YUI's songs and I started having an interest on playing guitar...It's just because of YUI...and after I watched the movie taiyoh no uta, I started loving YUI so much^^

Offline SLADE RAISER

« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2011, 01:04:46 PM »
I learned the guitar because it's in the family. My gramps knew it, every one of my uncles and a few aunts know, and I know it along with my brother and cousins. :P

Offline darthchilli

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2011, 05:49:12 AM »
seeing metallica on tv...
n the seeing hide....
thats what got me.

Offline bo_thug

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2011, 05:26:12 AM »
hmm... because of YUI, maybe? or was it because i'm so jealous of my friends who actually have musical talents? or was it because of that assignment that required me to write my own lyrics, and having a guitar makes it easier for me to write a good song?

actually... it's because of all of the above reasons. :-P

Offline Syntro

« Reply #52 on: March 13, 2012, 05:20:15 AM »
basically beacuase of YUI...but Sungha Jung and John Frusciante also inspired me,they are amazing guitarist :good

Offline Mirytie

« Reply #53 on: May 23, 2012, 07:22:39 AM »
Me...it's actually because of YUI ^-^

I received my guitar on my 18th b-day. Though it was me who asked for it, it was hard to learn alone and I soon gave up.
Soon after that, I started to play violin since I thought it was simpler than the guitar (yeah XD what was I thinking) but I continued and it was one year or so after that, that I grew as a truly fan of YUI.
Then, I picked my guitar, again...learning alone, from a YUI's prespective. Actually, all this happened jus about 3 months ago and it's really hard to learn alone since nobody I know plays the instrument but when I can play a new YUI song, it's amazing and totaly worth it.
I still have violin's class and I'm about to buy a piano for my little brother (trying to bring music to my house) and a electric guitar.
My 1st guitar's name?
"YUI"  :kiss
That's my story  :bye