Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A little tip for learners  (Read 3368 times)

Offline EzakNoKaze

A little tip for learners
« on: December 27, 2006, 01:35:10 PM »
Well hi there everyone! I'm pretty new in around here but I'll contribute! =)

This topic will be about ways to practice reading or using japanese!

Before you start anything, please make sure you have both a hiragana chart and a katakana chart   =P   ( I have my dictionary, which is the same )

It's best to start with the basics (hiragana, katakana) The easiest way to practice reading those is...Reading Japanese manga! In mangas, they would put the hiragana pronunciation for every Kanji so it's very easy to read. =)

Note: While reading in hiragana/katakana, you should use a dictionary there's one right here http://www.yesjapan.com/dictionary/, pretty complete (formal words). This way, you might easily pick up the kanji's pronunciation and its meaning.

I got pretty far using this although I've been a bit lazy lately...It's very easy and can get anyone to learn the language at a high pace without taking lessons!

Trust me !  =P

Well good luck people! :wink

Offline Irenicis

« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 08:45:01 PM »
hey, that's quite a good idea!

i can practice reading. however for understanding the meaning, i think it's still hard.

cos of the sentence structure

Offline aminae

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 07:37:28 PM »
the sentence structure actually relatively remains the same. subject, direct object, verb. it's the relationals that screw me over.

Offline Irenicis

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 07:47:09 PM »
ok, the sentence structure's maybe alright, but the many different ways to say the same exact word is not....

Offline tonnsg

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 08:11:20 PM »
My sis learnt jap till her Alevels so she taught me abit...the sentance structure can be quite like chinese sometimes..making it abit easier to rmb. XD

Deleted User

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 12:04:24 AM »
Quote from: "tonnsg"
My sis learnt jap till her Alevels so she taught me abit...the sentance structure can be quite like chinese sometimes..making it abit easier to rmb. XD
yea u r right.

so for any chinese or someone who knows chinese pretty well,
learning japanese is 20% easier, or even more.

i got a few japanese lesson video, but sad cuz' my internet is slow making me cant upload all the lessons, so wait til i fix the internet problem, and then i will try to upload in a webby or make it into .bt file. btw, i had nvr make a .bt file be4, anyone can teach me? or let me know a place that had tutorials.

Offline tonnsg

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 07:30:54 PM »
Hmm..i am not too sure but I think if you have azureus or something you can make a .bit file.im rather confused myself...

Offline Kenix

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2007, 02:11:50 AM »
Quote from: "Neitsu Mizuha"
Quote from: "Neitsu Mizuha"
so for any chinese or someone who knows chinese pretty well,
learning japanese is 20% easier, or even more.
Oh really? People who knows mandarin can learn jap easier? Erm... I'm learning jap now but it seems to be pretty difficult, but I guess it need time..  :lol:

Deleted User

« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2007, 09:16:11 PM »
guys, try to download this .bt file, and try to download the japanese video. i dont know whether it will work out or not

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/11/28/43...%201-10.torrent

let me know whether it works or not.

Deleted User

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2007, 11:56:07 AM »
the thing with bittorrent though is that you have to leave your computer on and have your bittorrent program on also to seed it to people...=/

im taking a japanese course in college right now. my cousin is taking chinesse and wants to go to china as a exchange student. for him the requirement is 2 years of chinese then he gets to be there for 2-3 months maybe? thats not a really long time for 2 years of work =[
im chinese like my cousin, but i dont know how to speak chinese  :huhuhu so learning japanese isn't gonna be as easy for me. we haven't gotten to kanji or katana yet, but the teacher has written some kanji on the board and the students who knew chinese were able to read and understand them....sigh.....

Offline EzakNoKaze

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 06:20:19 AM »
Don't worry!~
I'm Chinese too but I can't read Kanji at all.
I've been reading japanese mangas using Hiragana and I've learned quite a few.
Like...erm...I don't know...Boku(me), Kimi(you), Asa(morning), Ue(top/up), Shita(bottom/down), Te(hand), naka(middle)...aka(red). Easy things like those
I'm already happy that I can read those since they appear quite often.

Offline aminae

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 12:39:56 PM »
Well okay.

If you can read/write Chinese then you will be able to decipher the meanings of some of the Japanese kanji... it's quite complex though. A lot of times they don't even mean the same thing. And there's a lot of made up ones too.

Offline c.o.k.a.

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 05:43:22 AM »
oh im cantonese...i hope it helps me! i wanted to take jap in school....but thn i had to take madarin. i dunno anything about the sentence structures...i onli kno the meanings of random words from watching anime XD

Offline cLam

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2007, 07:52:28 AM »
Quote from: "aminae"

If you can read/write Chinese then you will be able to decipher the meanings of some of the Japanese kanji... it's quite complex though. A lot of times they don't even mean the same thing. And there's a lot of made up ones too.
 :lol:  yes... some can mean TOTALLY different things...
example...

大丈夫 (daijoubu)
in jap --> it's okay / all right
in chinese --> man / real man

first time i read that.. i was like  :blink:

Offline s0l1dsn8k3

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 10:59:51 AM »
Quote from: "cLam"
Quote from: "aminae"

:lol:  yes... some can mean TOTALLY different things...
example...

大丈夫 (daijoubu)
in jap --> it's okay / all right
in chinese --> man / real man

first time i read that.. i was like  :blink:         
^ It's ok to be a real man!  :lol: