Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: LITTLE FOREST movie will include 4 FF songs  (Read 2809 times)

Offline Kikino!

LITTLE FOREST movie will include 4 FF songs
« on: June 04, 2014, 03:13:15 PM »
http://natalie.mu/music/news/118110

Natalie-The newest music news. June 4, 2014 6:00. 541
(Translation by Tetsuro Haluta)

FLOWER FLOWER provides four theme songs for the movies based on Daisuke Igarashi's manga

It was announced that FLOWER FLOWER is in charge of the theme songs for the movies "Little Forest".

Little Forest is a movie adaptation of a famous manga of the same title created by Daisuke Igarashi. The story is about the life of the heroine, Ichiko, performed by Ai Hashimoto, who comes back to a village surrounded by a vast wilderness from the city, and leads a life of self-sufficiency. The story describes cuissine made with fresh ingredients of each season, and it's composed of four parts, spring, summer, autumn and winter.

FLOWER FLOWER was commissioned to write 4 new songs for each chapter of the movie under the themes "Summer" "Autumn" "Winter" and "Spring". Regardingthe songs. yui commented:

"I felt that this work would be special for me as well. Actually reading the manga, they let me watch scenes of the movie in the middle of production. Looking at the heroine, who is staring at herself while she leads a life within nature (four seasons). The images came across immediately, and we were successful in our first trial of creating the four-parts song having fun during the session with all the whole band together as one".

The producer of "Little Forest" is Keiichiro Moriya, who also produced the movie "Taiyou no Uta", released in 2006, in which yui acted as the heroine and was also in charge of its theme song. He said that he offered this opportunity to yui, because of the theme of this movie, that is, to live strongly but naturally in a Tohoku mountain village, is linked to yui, who started the new activity of music. Moriya says about her impression "I have been acquainted with her since "Taiyou no Uta" and she has had something hidden like an adversarial quality which is ill-fitting with her cuteness and an atmosphere like she's always fighting against something". And about the creation of this new songs, he remarks: "I think they are made as wonderful songs that you can see an aspect of yui-chan, which is new and a little different from her when she was solo. So, I'm glad if you enjoy all the four songs, spring, summer, autumn and winter".

The movies "Little Forest", will be released; the series summer and autumn on August 30, and the series winter and spring on February 14, 2015.

Comment by the producer, Keiichiro Moriya.

This work,
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:11:46 AM by Kikino! »

Offline AznGFXboy

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 05:27:20 PM »
YEEESSSS!! keep them coming! yui's comeback as FLOWER FLOWER is finally starting to take shape! I can just feel the round thing coming up soon...hopefully!!

but it's too bad we probably won't get to hear these 4 new songs until next year since the movies are not released until August 2014 and February 2015.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:35:00 PM by AznGFXboy »

Offline Charlotte Aves

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 07:37:15 PM »
thanks for the info kiki-san! Hurray for YUI! EPIC comeback!

Offline Rolling Rain

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 01:47:10 AM »
Yippee 4 new songs!!the themes are really unique

Offline Kikino!

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 02:55:16 AM »
Quote from: "AznGFXboy"
but it's too bad we probably won't get to hear these 4 new songs until next year since the movies are not released until August 2014 and February 2015.
Usually promotional songs of movies come out before the movies I THINK??

Offline Alifkun

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 03:38:35 AM »
I never thought that with their genre FLOWER FLOWER will be in charge of making a movie theme song
but yeah, being in charge of movie theme song really would make their popularity arise (again)

4 songs which title based on 4 season is so FLOWER FLOWER-ish :clap

The producer of "Little Forest" is Keiichiro Moriya, who also produced the movie "Taiyou no Uta", released in 2006, in which yui acted as the heroine and was also in charge of its theme songs.

is this some kind of conspiracy? I don't care tough  =P

just as Kiki said, movie theme song usually comes up earlier than the movie itself, because it will be used as the promotion media such as trailer

and since the first two series will be released August, it means we will know 2 songs at least by next month :good

Offline AznGFXboy

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 03:45:10 AM »
Quote from: "Kikino!"
Quote from: "AznGFXboy"
Usually promotional songs of movies come out before the movies I THINK??
oh, your right. I checked the release dates for "It's all too much" and "HELLO" and it seems they were released just before their respective movies. I thought they were released just after the movies because I watch a lot of jdramas and the theme songs are usually released after the shows start so I assumed it was the same for movies. and for some reason, I thought that they would release the 4 new songs as a set so assumed that they would release them after the second movie.why I even thought of that, I have no idea. well, I guess we may be able to hear two of these songs this year then, the summer and autumn ones. I don't think they would release the other two yet since the second movie is not until then.

anyway, possibly two new songs in addition to what she already has so far...I really hope for a round thing release this year :please
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 04:01:43 AM by AznGFXboy »

Offline ai-tea

« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 08:05:11 AM »
Wow this is so cool! It's great that the producer of TAIYOU NO UTA didn't hesitate to come to yui, shows he has great faith in her. We've already got "Summer Song", "Winter Hot Music", "Che.r.ry", I'm not sure she's written a song for autumn... I'm glad at least half the songs will be slow/mid tempo, I love "Kamisama", but I've missed her slow songs too. Thanks for the translations!
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:07:37 AM by ai-tea »

Offline Kikino!

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2014, 08:47:35 AM »
PREVIEW OF THE FIRST SONG HERE OMGGG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdC1lN42dN4&feature=youtu.be

Sounds so YUI xD

Offline demon2

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 12:06:17 PM »
gr8 news. but i still want an album to come out before this movie is released (August 30, 2014 ). hopefully this is not an excuse to delay the album for another year man. I have already waited for so long. I think these two songs might be in her album and maybe they will release that before the movie. So, we already have two new songs we haven't heard, plus all the other songs, which haven't been released officially. It's going to be a gr8 album for sure.

Movie Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWmSV7-eFM8

After watching the movie trailer, it looks like a relaxing-type movie. If this is produced by the same producer who produced Taiyou no Uta, then I think this will be a slow type movie, with not a lot of words spoken, and there might be emotions and feelings involved. I actually love these type of movies, as they leave for the audience imagination and perception to come in play. It some how reminds me of "Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring", which came out in 2003. I really enjoyed it, and hoping this will be as good as that.

Also, yui should have played a role in the movie too. Even a small role would have been good. I really want to see her act again.  :please
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 12:09:02 PM by demon2 »

Offline Kikino!

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 04:04:54 AM »
Additional information in this article.
(Translation by Haluta)

http://www.sanspo.com/smp/geino/news/20140604/oth14060405050007-s.html

The movies "Little Forest" directed by Junichi Mori, is the story of the heroine (Ai Hashimoto), who couldn't find the right place in the city goes back to her home mountain village in Tohoku, leads a life of self-sufficiency and grows mature.

yui proposed to make four songs corresponding to each work, made a demo tape at the end of last year and completed it in the beginning of May. The titles are the four seasons, summer, autumn, winter and spring. Lyrics are credited to yui, and composition to the band, FLOWER FLOWER. "Summer" is a strong medium song. "Autumn" is a kind of lonely medium slow. "Winter" is a song of slow tempo, in which the loneliness and the harshness of winter live together. "Spring" is an uptempo song feeling the smell of spring. Among these, "Summer" will be on screen in the movie's trailer of Little Forest at the theaters from the 7th, this month.

ps:
description of the songs is a bit WTF but on japanese is also weird xD
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 04:05:32 AM by Kikino! »

Offline Rolling Rain

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 12:07:26 PM »
In the  preview the song really sounded like a YUI song,but I cannot remember whats its name....

Offline ai-tea

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 11:16:48 AM »
The trailer on the official website showed that the songs are under "gr8 records".

http://littleforest-movie.jp/

Wasn't that the same label Yui was on before? (

Offline AznGFXboy

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 06:33:54 PM »
yes well, that makes sense. incase you didn't know, despite starting anew with FLOWER FLOWER, yui is still signed with SONY.

Offline gotchi

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 07:06:53 AM »
nice thanks for translating kiki!

I'd love to see this film at international film festivals so that I can see it locally xD
In any case, I'm glad she was given freedom to make whatever she wanted with this...
just looking forward to some music from FLOWER FLOWER/yui !!!