Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is YUI changing ?  (Read 1366 times)

Offline bleach86

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 06:36:49 PM »
commercial is the wrong word sorri. I meant her tie-in songs are influenced by the movie/product etc because there is a direction or theme that is expected of the song. But I think her songs are all written by herself and are not manufactured. I think HELLO and YOU are awesome songs.

Offline Rolling Rain

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 01:40:45 AM »
None of YUI songs r manufactured.like  commercial-manufactured is not the right word ,but some times the song's composition is  well, changed and messed by SONY,its happens with all singers......

Talking about manufactured songs-Aren't we going away from topic :sry
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:41:49 AM by Rolling Rain »

Offline damn

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 10:59:28 AM »
Quote from: "Rolling Rain"
None of YUI songs r manufactured.like  commercial-manufactured is not the right word ,but some times the song's composition is  well, changed and messed by SONY,its happens with all singers......

Talking about manufactured songs-Aren't we going away from topic :sry
Sony doesn't mess with Yui's music without her permission.They discuss things...and settle a deal....Sony wouldn't be dumb enough to disrespect their Employees/Clients

That's what contracts are for...without a contract Yui wouldn't be able to work for Sony and they wouldn't be able to sell her stuff
People here seem to think that Sony is evil but really they're just a big business company and they do things that benefit them...but they don't really screw people(be it employees or consumers) over like some other companies(Like Microsoft,Capcom,EA,Apple etc)
Yui's music has never felt manufactured it's just that probably in the original contract it stated that Yui would do the type of Music she did that performed best in the Market..so Yui was most likely frustrated that she was so limited in doing the same kind of music she wanted to try different things and that's how Flower Flower happened :P

I mean from what we've heard of Flower Flower so far(those early crappy recordings and the Concerts) the Songs all sound quite a bit distinct from one another
And that was sometimes a problem with Yui's old albums...some of the songs sounded samey
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 11:15:52 AM by damn »

Offline demon2

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 11:51:56 AM »
I find all of YUI's songs meaningful, and if a song was specially made for a movie, it doesn't lose its meaning . I personally think that YUI wrote and sang all her songs from her heart. I actually like her old songs better than the new songs coming out so far. But only like 5 or 6 songs are out, so I won't judge anything yet. Also, for some reason, I didn't like the song "fight". I felt that it was too commercialized and they were wasting so much time on just one song.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:20:32 PM by demon2 »

Offline Rolling Rain

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2013, 06:21:33 PM »
@damn-There is some agreement-all right.But see reality from another angle. Many times Yui does not sing like anything doing best in the market at that time-look at Fight-even when many of us liked it It didnot have any big influence in the market like her other songs
You can not sing whatever you like-SONY is a big company and it will obviously-all right mess may be the wrong word- look into her lyrics.It would never want her to sing songs which will not be favourable for it..

AND to everybody

I don't want to hurt anyone,but...

We all have different opinions,different viewpoint and we all stick to them-so leave this topic of discussion on SONY,songs,commercialization,etc.,etc.,etc..Other threads r made for these things

This thread is about how u feel about  YUI's change in style/whether YUI is changing or not?-so stick to it

Offline damn

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2013, 10:10:31 PM »
Quote from: "Rolling Rain"
@damn-There is some agreement-all right.But see reality from another angle. Many times Yui does not sing like anything doing best in the market at that time-look at Fight-even when many of us liked it It didnot have any big influence in the market like her other songs
You can not sing whatever you like-SONY is a big company and it will obviously-all right mess may be the wrong word- look into her lyrics.It would never want her to sing songs which will not be favourable for it..

AND to everybody

I don't want to hurt anyone,but...

We all have different opinions,different viewpoint and we all stick to them-so leave this topic of discussion on SONY,songs,commercialization,etc.,etc.,etc..Other threads r made for these things

This thread is about how u feel about  YUI's change in style/whether YUI is changing or not?-so stick to it
Yeah...but Sony isn't abusive towards their clients rights...Yui agreed to that contract...this is how the law goes
I doubt they tell her how to write her songs or meddle with her business or anything like that
Yui probably showed them some songs and Sony were like "No sorry that won't sell etc." shit like that

Offline zerofighter

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 10:10:42 PM »
i don't think yui has changed.

i think that not all of her songs are 'manufactured'. more likely that sony gave her a 'theme' to work it out. just like hello is tailored for paradise kiss. even though she was being asked to 'manufacture' those songs, they are still songs which were written from her heart.  

ever since she became yui, she has yet to make any appearances in television music programs! the only time i last noticed when she appeared with flower flower members was her last live as YUI in music lovers.

and not to mention any music videos made from flower flower...

Offline zuhairi

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2013, 04:34:16 AM »
flower flower kind of limited right? maybe they agreed with sony to be like that..or something else..i don't know for sure..