Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is YUI changing ?  (Read 1476 times)

Offline panpartul

Is YUI changing ?
« on: September 13, 2013, 03:49:55 AM »
Hello yui-lovers :)

I'm live in Middle East. Our culture is between east and west. I like East's (especially Japan's culture).

I believe, YUI is a gift from God. I have listened YUI for a few months. When she was singing "goodbye days", I loved her. Because, she was so beautiful, kind and modest. She is different. She doesn't look other pop artists. If you watch YUI-Again (live)this and Miley Cyrus - We Can't Stopthis , you will understand me.

And, when I watched flower flower concert (on youtube), I shocked ! She was looking "a normal" pop star. And I didn't like that.

I'm really love YUI. So, she is very important for me. I want to understand: Why is her style so uncertain ?

thanks...

(my english is not very well, sorry for this)

Offline Rolling Rain

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2013, 04:09:24 AM »
First and foremost-Welcome to the  YL family!!!

Do you want to see a fake YUI?watch the FF concert again- listen to the lyrics carefully and you will see the real Yui-probably you didnot understand the lyrics -they are not like any of the popstaric lyrics I have ever heard in my life.Earlier Sony gave us a manufactured YUI-I donot mean that those old songs were not sung without feelings or they were not meaningful ;but yeah YUI never had her freedom.The image of YUI which most people make in their mind is what sony wants them to do.When YUI is simply Yui she is free  .You probably think that she is like other popstars because she coloured her hair,but I think she did it in happiness due to her new found freedom.

As for changing-change is important for everyone and there is nothing wrong with it.Anyways I still donot think that YUI has changed..and whats wrong with being normal?!

I have seen the we can't stop video-and i absolutely hated it.There is no similarity with it and FF live exvept the hair colour.And as for Yui being different from her former beautiful,modest, kind self-I absolutely disagree,appeatances can be deceptive but anyway it doesnot even appear like that.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 04:17:22 AM by Rolling Rain »

Offline zuhairi

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2013, 04:55:17 AM »
We all had been familiar with the previous YUI so we think she 'changed'. For me, YUI is yui and vice versa. Changing hair colour and music style doesn't mean she's different.

The only different is, does she been doing the things for herself or for the company?

YUI = Sony
yui = freedom

What if she comes out as yui first instead of YUI? What would we think?

Offline CYBORG

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2013, 08:05:27 AM »
Quote from: "Rolling Rain"
Do you want to see a fake YUI?watch the FF concert again- listen to the lyrics carefully and you will see the real Yui-probably you didnot understand the lyrics -they are not like any of the popstaric lyrics I have ever heard in my life.Earlier Sony gave us a manufactured YUI-I donot mean that those old songs were not sung without feelings or they were not meaningful ;but yeah YUI never had her freedom.The image of YUI which most people make in their mind is what sony wants them to do.When YUI is simply Yui she is free  .You probably think that she is like other popstars because she coloured her hair,but I think she did it in happiness due to her new found freedom.

If you say that before  YUI   had no freedom.
Then why is she working on SONY  nowadays ??

Nowadays, SONY is managing the YUI career.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 08:12:36 AM by CYBORG »
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zerg

Offline Rolling Rain

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 10:28:12 AM »
@CYBORG do try to understand what I wanted to state.A discussion about why probably Yui didnot change from sony has already been doon in the first FF thread.probably Yui didnot change her management company because they are ready to give her more creative freedom in exchange of her staying back with them

Offline damn

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2013, 11:03:16 AM »
WTF are you talking about? Yui doesn't look like a typical popstar at all.She actually looked like a typical popstar in the past(in terms of her look)...now she has an Art Rock/Avant-garde look going on
Quote from: "CYBORG"
If you say that before  YUI   had no freedom.
Then why is she working on SONY  nowadays ??

Nowadays, SONY is managing the YUI career.
Where the hell else would she work? Why change something that works.And working for Sony works...she's got a big company backing her up.Anywhere else she would work it would just be worse than Sony

Only thing that might be better would be Yui starting her own Label but that may be risky
Earlier Sony gave us a manufactured YUI-I donot mean that those old songs were not sung without feelings or they were not meaningful ;but yeah YUI never had her freedom
Eh...I don't think that impacted her lyrics/text tho.Most of her early songs were true...she was expressing her feelings

And then later on she tried to make music to make other people happy too becuz she saw how much the fans loved her at her concerts...this is by Yui's own admission

I think what pissed Yui off was that Sony wanted her music to be composed like Pop(cuz that's what sells these days)
In the "Coffee Song" one of the lyrics are "I'm tired of this pop-like melody...first melody A,then Melody B,then Melody C....and finally...Melody D"
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:12:39 AM by damn »

Offline Rolling Rain

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2013, 05:55:05 PM »
@ damn,I agree with you!with manufactured lyrics-I meant about the new songs-yes they are meaningful but sometime you can see the impact of sony,look at Life and look at HELLO( I don't think I am making a good comparision here :sry ),I like both the songs but there is a sony impact in HELLO,probably because of the movie tie-in,but there was one-but there is a difference between the old lyrics and the new lyrics and I will always think that YUI  was  more happier and truer to herself earlier.See the IYL tour and then the HCYL tour-there is a change

Earlier YUI sang what she wanted to(about her feelings and to make others happy) but later SOMETIMES she was compelled to sing what SONY wanted or the critics wanted.Proof of this is"Love is all",where at last she told the truth. In this song she said that some people question her lyrics and label them as fake(fictional)  or real even when they are sung with feelings.

I wrote about good things and it finally became a song,
so Love this song.
You must be doubtful, right? Fake or real?
Then, how about you?

Collecting real things and fake ones.
And then labelling them a price.
That really is troublesome, and troubling.
What now about the future? Please tell me.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 06:12:55 PM by Rolling Rain »

Offline damn

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2013, 11:12:15 PM »
@ damn,I agree with you!with manufactured lyrics-I meant about the new songs-yes they are meaningful but sometime you can see the impact of sony,look at Life and look at HELLO( I don't think I am making a good comparision here :sry ),I like both the songs but there is a sony impact in HELLO,probably because of the movie tie-in,but there was one-but there is a difference between the old lyrics and the new lyrics and I will always think that YUI  was  more happier and truer to herself earlier.See the IYL tour and then the HCYL tour-there is a change
No...I doubt Sony had impact on her lyrics.Hello was made for a movie
And Yui herself admitted that when she saw how many fans she had she was touched and began doing music for them/to cheer up others too

I remember I think it was from a YUI Radio episode where she said that "In the beginning I used to sing as a way to express myself...cuz that's the only way I could express myself...and I did it for myself...but now I'm doing it for them too" or something like that
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:13:21 PM by damn »

Offline Rolling Rain

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 02:41:06 AM »
You and I have just a different opinion over it damn-san,nothing wrong with it as thats what forum r  mainly for-sharing opinions

Offline zuhairi

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 04:51:55 AM »
I agree with all of you..hahaha

Offline damn

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 05:06:29 AM »
You and I have just a different opinion over it damn-san,nothing wrong with it as thats what forum r  mainly for-sharing opinions
No...this isn't my opinion...this is all just speculation all based on Yui's comments...I don't know if she told the truth or not but all of my arguments i'm making are pretty much based on something that Yui said...be it in a interview or a radio episode

Offline Rolling Rain

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 02:45:38 PM »
Well probably I just wanted to stop this from growing into an argument (I saw some similar topic in another forum,growing into a big argument,between best friends too)-now that I think about it ,it won't  happen here  as all of us r like a family in YL. :sry

Offline bleach86

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2013, 12:36:01 PM »
i agree on both points of view, I think there are some songs that are very commercial but these songs are tie ins with a product/movie like HELLO, these songs have a certain theme that YUI had to follow. But also there are songs that are very meaningful and is most if not all YUI, like Green a.live and FIGHT, these songs is what i love most about YUI.

Offline zuhairi

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 08:23:44 PM »
Green a.live and Fight are two of my favourite songs..it stands out among others (for me) from the meaningful point of view

Offline damn

Is YUI changing ?
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2013, 10:09:33 PM »
Disagree with HELLO being commercial btw...that's like saying Hikari/Simple and Clean and Passion/Sanctuary by Utada Hikaru are commercial cuz she made the songs for the Kingdom Hearts Games...fk no...those songs are anything but commercial...awesome songs