Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Beatles  (Read 703 times)

Offline Rolling Rain

The Beatles
« on: April 26, 2013, 03:21:37 PM »
Its odd-the fact that there is no thread about them in the forum.....

I know its a band of 1960-1970 ,but j-pop is influenced by them to a large extent,isn't it?I always think that most people know them...even YUI-san probably likes them    (seeing the title of 3 of her albums-Can't  by my love,From me to you and She loves you, Not to forget other songs like freebird ,etc)

I became their fan when I heard Across the universe ages ago,on the radio.Probably Yesterday is my favourite Beatles song.What do you all think of them? :clap
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:29:38 PM by Rolling Rain »

Offline CYBORG

The Beatles
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 02:32:43 AM »
Beatles are a good group, they are talented.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zerg

Offline Rolling Rain

The Beatles
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2014, 02:48:08 AM »
50th year of Beatlemania!!

Offline damn

The Beatles
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2014, 08:43:14 AM »
I don't think J-Pop was inspired by The Beatles any more than it was inspired by US Pop
And The Beatles are possibly the most overrated band of all time

Anyways...only Beatles song I can remember is "Let it Be" for reasons other than the usual ones
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:45:46 AM by damn »

Offline Rolling Rain

The Beatles
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2014, 02:42:36 PM »
Even though I am a big fan of them but even I do think that they do sometimes get overrated, however good they may be. They, I think had the small bit of impact on that current world music scenario though it was more on western than eastern music.  But I still think they r better than  most of the present band and hundred times better than their so called successors the one direction

Offline damn

The Beatles
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2014, 06:14:13 AM »
Quote from: "Rolling Rain"
Even though I am a big fan of them but even I do think that they do sometimes get overrated, however good they may be. They, I think had the small bit of impact on that current world music scenario though it was more on western than eastern music.  But I still think they r better than  most of the present band and hundred times better than their so called successors the one direction
This is the band that claimed they were more famous than Jesus *facepalm*

Being better than most of the commercial produced shit nowadays is nothing special...though I'm pretty sure there have been better underground artists at least
One Direction is hardly a Beatles Successor...they're the new Backstreet Boys,the new Jonas Brothers...you know..famous at first but then after 5-10 years no-one talks about them

Anyways...J-Pop takes more influence from American Pop/Music
Japan has always been obsessed with American Pop Culture
Like for example Hip Hop is huge in Japan
That's why you saw so many Japanese Hip Hop groups in the late 90s/00s