Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How did your user name come about??  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Rolling Rain

How did your user name come about??
« on: April 13, 2013, 02:54:50 PM »
My friends always say that my user name is from two of YUI-san's singles ,but it isn't... :cool  :cool

When I entered the forum(which is my 1st anyways :clap  :clap) ,it was raining quite hard in my place...and i was playing with my dice...rolling it!!The idiotic user name of mine came into my head and,well,that became the history of my user name :sry ....what about yours?

Offline zuhairi

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 01:37:46 AM »
Haha..but it's difficult to call you Rolling Rain-san..hehe. Plus there is another rolling-san out there.

Mine is purely my name with years of birth. It's kind of stupid to have the numbers back there. Requested for change 2 times already but nobody care. Hahaha

Offline alizarin

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2013, 01:14:00 PM »
One day, I get bored. Then I'm typing on wikipedia search about pigments. In that article I found about alizarin. I like that name and then I started to using it for several account including my social network username. It's simple, just like love at first sight to that name. Hahaha...

Offline zuhairi

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 01:42:36 AM »
Pigments as in colour pigments? So what is alizarin? haha

Offline gotchi

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 01:27:51 PM »
school project where we had to brand ourselves....

I clearly love Japanese things...and my name starts w/ the letter 'G'

so...i went with g-gotchi for the project name..and now i've dropped the G haha...just to gotchi

Offline Rolling Ball

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 04:26:56 PM »
I guess the "another rolling-san" is me :D .

Mine came from my username I used for another website (already inactive) ; Robo. I added a little. See, Rolling Ball would be Roringu Bo-ru in Japanese (is this correct? :P ).

Offline zuhairi

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 08:19:43 AM »
Quote from: "gotchi"

so...i went with g-gotchi for the project name..and now i've dropped the G haha...just to gotchi
I see..so does 'gotchi' means anything as in english or other language? Mine is arabic :)

Quote from: "rolling ball"

Mine came from my username I used for another website (already inactive) ; Robo. I added a little. See, Rolling Ball would be Roringu Bo-ru in Japanese (is this correct? :P )
Yes you're the other rolling-san..haha. The first time I've encountered both of you I become confuse myself..haha. Ooh..so that's how you've got your username. Yes that sounds correct :P
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 08:20:21 AM by zuhairi »

Offline Rolling Rain

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 11:17:15 PM »
Quote from: "zuhairi86"
Pigments as in colour pigments? So what is alizarin? haha
its a cool hue of red~courtsey wikipaedia
Quote from: "Rolling Ball"

Mine came from my username I used for another website (already inactive) ; Robo. I added a little. See, Rolling Ball would be Roringu Bo-ru in Japanese (is this correct? :P ).
thats calling for a virtual handsake...fellow first user name -san :clap  

when I first saw your name,to tell the truth, i felt that i have mistyped!!  @@

was so confused..

do tell whats the meaning of your name gotchi-san
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 11:31:58 PM by Rolling Rain »

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 02:48:34 AM »
well originally I was in another YUI forum and I was friends with the admin. Her nickname was panda, I was a spy for that forum. I didn't want her to find out and if she did I would be scared hence the name. Originally it was something like panda that can read this scare me or something but it was too long. This name fills all the character spaces.

Offline AznGFXboy

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 04:26:45 AM »
hmm...interesting stories.

my username came from when I just entered high school and I started getting into the arts. I was even working on my own manga (which didn't turn out so well). so, when I needed a username for instant messaging friends, i tried to think of something unique. well...I'm asian (azn), I was into art (gfx = graphics), and I'm a guy (boy). and then I just messed around with capitalization to see what would look cooler, hence "AznGFXboy". but now, after years, I just prefer everything lowercase, so I always type "azngfxboy" now.

so since then, I've been using this name for everything. but after using it for online forums, I realized that it is a complicated username that many people have difficulty typing/remembering xD. I've been thinking of changing to something new after all these years, but I can't really think of anything that interests me and would be easier for other people. I was never the creative type (which is why art never worked for me). i mean, it was a miracle I even came up with the one I have been using.

Offline zuhairi

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 11:12:22 AM »
@pandas - Kind of funny to know how you got the username..haha

@azngfxboy - Your story kind of the same with me but don't give up to find what you really good at. I'm a former multimedia student but it didn't turn out so well but finally excel in other field :)

Offline gotchi

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2013, 07:34:46 AM »
Quote from: "Rolling Rain"

do tell whats the meaning of your name gotchi-san
oops i think i typed this on my phone and something cut off...

So back in the day, remember those Japanese 'tamagotchi' toys? I used to play w/ them as a kid ..i probably had 5 tamagotchi toys at once...I still have on unopened as a "collector" item. anyway I based my school project out of those. I just kept it as gotchi later on. Really not that much of a story behind my username...It doesnt really mean anything either.

Offline zuhairi

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 08:18:52 AM »
hahaha..i still remember those time..playing with tamagotchi..

the first time I saw your username it's already in my mind..hehe

Offline Rolling Rain

« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2013, 04:07:20 PM »
I remember playing with  tamagotchi....so nostalgic

didn't use to study if i had not played with it earlier..at the end my parents took it away from me and I used to only get it on Sundays... :sry

never thought it was related to your user name gotchi-san..... :good  :good
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 04:09:32 PM by Rolling Rain »

Offline zuhairi

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2013, 04:22:08 PM »
can tamagotchi fight like the digimon thing? can't remember..sigh..
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:32:03 AM by zuhairi »