Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Please can anyone recommend a korean or japanese drama?  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Rolling Rain

Please can anyone recommend a korean or japanese drama?
« on: April 03, 2013, 03:06:11 PM »
Well as the title says i want to watch some drama and need recommendation.....

I have from a friend that the Korean drama 'boys before flowers' is worth a try but is it?

Offline bonzai

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2013, 05:20:58 PM »
nobuta wo produce, gto, kekkon dekinai otoko, kurosagi ...

if you're looking for something fun I would recommend papa to musume no nanokakan or my boss my hero.

Offline harry

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 05:23:44 PM »
My wife loves My Daughter Seo Yeong & IRIS. I don't really watch korean dramas but thought I could recommend you what she watched.

Offline amethyst.jr91

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2013, 05:57:00 PM »
"Boys Before Flower" is inspired from Japanese Drama "Hana Yori Dango"
The story is almost similiar, but it's worth watching :)

My recommendation:
JAPANESE: One Litre of Tears, Buzzer Beat, Mr.Brain, PRICELESS ~aru wake nai darou nnamon~, Unubore Deka, Kurosagi, Proposal Daisakusen, Taiyou to Umi no Kyoushitsu, Maou, HUNGRY!, MONSTERS, Saikou no Jinsei no Owarikata
KOREAN: My Girlfriend is a Gumiho, Baby-faced Beauty, City Hunter, Dream High I&II, Full House, Sassy Girl Chunhyang

Happy watching :D

Offline CHU-LIP

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2013, 07:35:33 AM »
Japanese version, Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers) > Korean Version, Boys Before Flowers.

I like both, but much prefer the Japanese version since they didn't change the main character's personality. It's still my favourite Japanese drama to this day and I watched it over 5 years ago. xD

The drama is serious but also quite funny. It's paced very well.

Another drama I recommend is 'Hanazakari no Kimitachi e' aka, HanaKimi. It's very fun and random to watch. It's a good starter if you haven't watched alot of Japanese drama's.

:good
I'll be→ ♪ 「もし孤独に負けそうならねぇ、好きな歌を聴いてみてほしい」

♥ → ♪last.fm → ×twitter → ♫NICOとニュース

Offline kojouaoi

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2013, 10:35:23 AM »
Yaph! I agree with CHU-LIP-san! Hana Yori Dango / Meteor Garden I&II / Boys Over Flowers (Japanese, Taiwanese & Korean versions) I personally liked the Taiwanese version because it was the first Asian dram I've ever watched which was aired on Philippine TV over and over! HanaYori Dango is good too. Haven't watch the Korean version 'til the end. Anyways, every version changes the character. But if you want the "near the original story" I advised you to watch this one. And Hana Kimi (both Japanese and Taiwanese versions are cool!) I have both DVD's. It is super funny!

I also would like to recommend... Taiwanese drama live version of the manga Itazura na Kiss which is  "It Started with a Kiss" and "They Kiss Again" (Second part). Funny and cute story. I like both Ariel Lin and Joe Chen. They did well!

Full House, My Sassy Girl Chun Young, Princess Hours (Goong in Korean), Heartstrings, He's Beautiful (Korean live version), Green Rose, Queen Seon Deok, The Baker King, Save the Last Dance for Me, Coffee Prince, MARS (Taiwanese), Honey and Clover (Japanese & Taiwanese)...

Hmn.......

Woah! Just jotting down the titles makes me dizzy that I forgot the good ones! Sorry.
But I think you should also try asking Doctor GOOGLE the Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, etc. lists of top Asian dramas! XD

Offline Rolling Ball

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 11:16:43 AM »
Check out My Boss My Hero (Japanese)  & Bad Family (Korean). Both are really funny.

Offline alizarin

« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 09:33:48 PM »
I recommend these drama:
[Japanese]
- Tokyo Dogs
- Rich Man, Poor Woman
- Great Teacher Onizuka (remake)
- Biblia Koshodou no Jiken Techou

[Korean]
- City Hunter
- Faith aka Great Doctor
- King 2 Hearts
- To the Beautiful You (it's Korean version of Hanazakari no Kimitachi e)
- IRIS
- Coffee Prince

Happy watching :D

Offline paku

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2013, 10:34:53 AM »
I recommend...

... Korean:
Girl K
Love Rain
To The Beautiful You

... Japanese:
Nobuta wo produce
Densha Otoko
Boys on the Run

Offline sakuraMai

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2013, 04:33:29 PM »
japanese:
All Maki Horikita jdrama

how bout u check D-Addicts for dramas...

i havent been there for quite sumtime now ^_^

Offline NrXIII

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2013, 04:11:27 AM »
Atashinchi no danshi, Seito shokun, Beautiful Life, Nobuta wo produce, Teppan shoujo Akane
Have fun watching :good

Offline zuhairi

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2013, 02:09:27 PM »
I haven't watch much jdrama and kdrama but still recommend this:

Jdrama: 1 Litre of Tears (super sad and inspiring)
Kdrama: IRIS (more to action, political)

I also watched TnU drama version which leads me to know YUI but didn't really recommend it :)

Offline demon2

Re: Please can anyone recommend a korean or japanese drama?
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2014, 03:08:50 AM »
Watch Orange Days. I watched it recently. Man I loved it. I am trying to look for something similar, however nothing comes near this drama. I really like Satoshi Tsumabuki as an actor, watched most of his movies and stuff, and he does a really good job at them.

http://asianwiki.com/Orange_Days

Offline Rolling Rain

Re: Please can anyone recommend a korean or japanese drama?
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 03:53:16 PM »
I watched Boys over flowers,but I guess I am one of those who hate it(biased over the Japanese version perhaps)
 1 Litre of Tears was amazing though..