Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Films that made you cry, what are they?  (Read 3236 times)

Offline damn

Films that made you cry, what are they?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2014, 08:57:43 AM »
Quote from: "Rolling Rain"
Whats wrong about crying on Spider-Man?!
I always cry when I hear that a new installment of the movie is coming up...
please any SM fan here don't take me wrong for this but I absolutely hate Spider-man
XD  XD  XD  XD  XD
I think you're missing the point
I was asking what was so sad in the Spider-Man movie itself

As for Spiderman in General...I hate the movies but I loved the 1994 Spiderman Animated Series...that show was freaking great and Spiderman wasn't a douche like Toby Maguire was in the movies.
The show was more faithful to the original comics and boy was it fun
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:59:48 AM by damn »

Offline gotchi

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2014, 04:50:03 PM »
@damn Yeah okay Bambi was pretty sad too. but somehow, the Lion King just struck my heart chord more. It's my favorite Disney movie of all time.

I know this isn't a film but...I watched Wicked on Broadway a year ago...and i didn't expect myself to cry but I had a few tears...the production was SO GOOD and the actors/actresses were amaaaazing!!!  

speaking about cartoons ...i think i teared up watching Digimon (can't remember which ep) ha ..it was ages ago

Offline GC.

« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2014, 03:37:08 AM »
Hi5 gotchi!!! Lion King is definitely my all time favourite disney movie. Every time Mufasa dies I cry, I remember running up to my mum crying every time that scene was on xD Spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched it LOL

"昨日を愛せるように今日を生きよう 明日も同じ気持ちでいたいから。"
"In order to love yesterday, let's live today without regrets. I want to live tomorrow with the same feeling as well."

Offline gotchi

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2014, 07:26:36 PM »
I just recently watched Spike Jonze's Her...some of the lines in that script just hit me hard with so many feeeeels >< lol

I really enjoyed that film, the music in it is great too.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:27:04 PM by gotchi »

Offline fire_knight

« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2014, 12:28:26 PM »
1. Taiyou no Uta
2. Tada Kimi wo Aishiteru
3. Clannad & Clannad ~After Story~
4. Closed Note
5. GOSICK
6. Chuunibyou Demo Koega shita

Offline aliya_hudi97

« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2014, 04:24:30 PM »
watch Hotaru no Hoka (Grave of the Fireflies) recently...goddamn it my tears can't stop overflowing... :cry
YUI - 1st | 乃木坂46 - 2nd | SKE48 - 3rd

Offline gotchi

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2014, 06:35:42 AM »
Quote from: "aliya_hudi97"
watch Hotaru no Hoka (Grave of the Fireflies) recently...goddamn it my tears can't stop overflowing... :cry
YES...ooiyy this was just so saaaaaaaaaaad
hits me so hard

Offline damn

« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2014, 04:17:32 AM »
Am I the only one here who has never cried while watching a movie here?
At most I was a bit sad and felt sorry for a character(only if it was a character that I liked that is)...but I never ever cried watching a movie
I guess I'm just desensitized since a lot of stupid shit that really made me sad as a kid happened in my life that I just don't really cry at all anymore...I don't even cry when people die...I don't know why...this might sound wrong but that's how I feel...let alone Movies which never really trap me in their illusion like they do with most people...I'm always aware that it's "just a movie"...so yeah I dunno...but that's just me

Anyways what really creeped me out by Bambi when I was a kid was that after Bambi's Mom died...the next day...everything is so happy as usual which just shows the cruel truth of nature...that even if someone dies the World goes on...oh no there was no Sappy Scenes when she died like there is in most movies...the world just continued the next day like as if nothing happened just like The Real World...that always surprised me...you wouldn't normally expect that kind of thing in a Disney Movie or pretty much any movie in general for that matter...the movie had the balls to tell the truth that life isn't all daisies and roses even the ending is fairly normal and not "They lived happily ever after"...and it's so weird considering almost every other Disney movie is just so cliche with the "They lived happily ever after" endings

I didn't really felt sad for Mufasa even when I first saw it as a kid cuz he really wasn't likeable...and Scar kills him out of jealousy which feels like a Melodramatic Soap Opera
I mean I kinda sympathize with Scar cuz Mufasa really sounded like a jerk to me(at least back then...it's been a while since I've seen it)

Bambi's Mom getting killed was sad for different reasons...it showed the cruel Nature of Human Beings and how they kill Woodland Animals with no Mercy...and yeah this theme has been done to death but Bambi was one of the first to do it and was probably one of the few movies to do it right
It was just scary to me back then finding out how cruel humans could be...I must have been 8 years old when I watched it...It was just scary at first and I think I had some nightmares after watching it...now that I'm grown up I don't see it as scary anymore I just see it as sad cuz it portrays some humans so accurately  :(
That and Pinocchio were the scariest Disney Movies for me then(not counting Disney's Version of Sleepy Hollow from The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr.Toad...cuz that was just fucking batshit crazy)
Pinocchio is still scary to me xD

Anyways my favorite Disney Movie of All Time and also my Favorite Animated Film too goes to the Original Fantasia
Simply a masterpiece from start to finish...I can just sit,relax and watch it...watching how gracefully the leaves fall in Autumn and how the Seasons Change in the Nutcracker Suite Segment...it's so beautiful and soothing...that was Walt Disney's Peak when it comes to Theatrical Films IMO...he never outdid himself after this...and there's nothing else like Fantasia(Except that shitty sequel Fantasia 2000 which just sucked compared to the original and shoudn't have been made in the first place)
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 04:52:19 AM by damn »

Offline demon2

« Reply #38 on: February 24, 2014, 12:42:03 PM »
lol now days I cry in most movies I watch. Lot of Korean movies I have watched were so emotional. I don't cry a lot when watching Hollywood or Bollywood movies, but some touch me a lot.  Haven't seen many Chinese and Japanese movies, so can't say anything there. Thai movies are also pretty emotional. They like all have sad endings for some reason (same goes for Korean movies). and don't you feel when you finish a Korean or Thai movie that half of the story is missing? Its like the director wants you to predict what happened. There are too many to list,so I will only list the recent ones I watched. The recent movie that have made me cry was "Sunflower" (2006 Korean Movie). I saw "Breathless (2009)" 2 or 3 weeks ago, and it was hell of a movie. Really well done. For me, South Korean Cinema is the best. I should make a list of all the movies I like (Have seen soo many all together lol). And the recent movie that I watched, where I felt half of the story was missing was "Once Upon a Time in High School (2004)". I have seen all of thai actor's Mario Maurer movies, and most of them are good, but you feel like you are missing half of the picture. However, in most cases, I feel that this is good directing because it gets you thinking, imagining stuff that makes you feel nostalgic and thrilled. You might even over think it lol.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 11:33:29 PM by demon2 »

Offline damn

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2014, 05:24:52 PM »
You know...maybe I don't cry in general these days at all...let alone movies
Maybe it's cuz I see bad news frequently almost every 2-3 days it's just become common now
Like for example not sure if you heard...but a week ago or so a 17 year old american kid got murdered by a cop(female)...cuz when the cop knocked in his door he opened the door while he had a Wii Remote in his hand(he was playing Wii with his friend at the time)
The cop claimed it was a gun...and thought she had seen a gun...the eye-witnesses all said it was a Wii Remote
It's so sad how a kid that's even younger than me got killed just like that cuz of a cop's incompetence...and the worst thing is the cop will get away with it cuz the US Police will do their best to cover their tracks

It's just sad...what is this world turning into when you can't even feel secure in your own home