Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Yamaha pacifica  (Read 1148 times)

Offline Badii

Yamaha pacifica
« on: January 12, 2013, 06:18:25 AM »
Hi everyone!
I'm planning to buy an electric guitar. It will be my first one. (I already have an acoustic one)
I found the Yamaha Pacifica 212 which seems interesting : caracteristics here:  http://fr.yamaha.com/fr/products/musical-instruments/guitars-basses/el-guitars/pacifica/pacifica212vfm/?mode=model
It cost 280

Offline CYBORG

Yamaha pacifica
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 06:34:00 AM »
Ah! I never bought a guitar.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zerg

Offline dso

Yamaha pacifica
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 07:55:23 AM »
Everyone recommends it for beginners so if you can afford it, go for it :) It's probably the best beginner guitar for that price.
I couldn't afford it so I ended up buying a cheap Squier Bullet, but if I had the money I'd have bought a Pacifica

Offline aron94

Yamaha pacifica
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 07:59:52 AM »
Trust me, for a beginner and if you are serious in playing it for long and have no intention to quit guitaring or maybe you will be joining a band in future, I recommend you to get something better.

Offline Badii

Yamaha pacifica
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 10:14:28 AM »
I play acoustic guitar for 2 years now (just have to find time to play more ><) so nope I have no intention to quit guitaring ^^.
Which one for example you know that is better than this Yamaha? I can't afford more than 300

Offline aron94

Yamaha pacifica
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 08:45:03 PM »
Try to get a fender? I bet in european country, the fender should be that expensive, maybe not those high ends one~ Just a normal fender will do~ Fender American Special will do the trick.

Offline Badii

Yamaha pacifica
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2013, 06:58:39 AM »
About the Fender American Special, I didn't find one under 700-800

Offline aron94

Yamaha pacifica
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2013, 08:41:39 AM »
Hmmm~ thats weird..... I can find one in my country for like 1000SGD and below, which is about 6-700++ euro~
Weird...

Offline gie_argi

Yamaha pacifica
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 09:44:33 PM »
With that wood material and hardware, this is a good guitar at its price.
Most of Stratocaster also using solid alder like this guitar. This pacifica's sound should be good.
Split coil system on this guitar allows you to choose more various sound at the bridge PU.
And if you want to upgrade the guitar someday when you need better sound, just change the PU.

Offline hbdcrKevin

Yamaha pacifica
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2013, 09:47:47 PM »
Wow .... if you are pushing up into that price range you should go try out a PRS SE
(Tobacco Sunburst!)
 :clap

But remember .... there is only one person that needs to be satified with this purchase .... YOU!
If you aren't confident of your knowledge, find someone more knowledgeable and talk them into going with you to explain relevant issues.  It's usually not too hard to talk a guitar person into going to a guitar shop!

Go to the shops and play as many as you can .... unless you're trying to impress somebody else or you're worried about resale value, you should pretty much take "brand name" with a grain of salt.  How does each guitar feel?  Solid or cheap tuners?  Fret buzz?  Is the action height where you want it?  Does it hold its tune as you move up the neck?  Do you like the sound of the pickups?  How does your hand feel on the neck?  Does a particular tonewood match the style you're wanting to play?  Just play them .... you'll find yourself gravitating toward particular guitars, it'll just happen.

As for the Yamaha you're considering, I don't have any experience with it, but it seems to get consistently good reviews as being high quality for its price range.

Offline Badii

Yamaha pacifica
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2013, 09:42:13 AM »
okey, thank you for your advices
About the price, as I said, I have only 250-300 euros for the guitar, so 700$ is really too much ^^"

Well, I went to the store yesterday, and I tried it by playing some music I learnt with my acoustic guitar (and I also tried to play the beginning of YUI - Life ahaha awesome). I don't know if it's because electric guitar is a bit easier to play than a folk guitar, but yeah I liked it. First feelings were *whoaa so good!*.
Just need to think a bit more about it but I think I'm going to buy it :)

And about the ampli, I don't need something big because I don't plan to play outside. I saw the Fender Mustang I ..

Offline Elrinz

Yamaha pacifica
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 01:00:31 PM »
i dont fancy yamaha's beginner guitar. i did try a few ibanez. prefer ibanez lower range guitars if wanna compare to yamaha. Only yamaha high end ones are good
For yamaha i would go for classical guitar and maybe acoustic. beautiful tone. depending on budget as well i guess.if higher end id go for martin for their darker sound =D