Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: heyy... its old forum member brad - AMA  (Read 992 times)

Offline br4d137

heyy... its old forum member brad - AMA
« on: September 08, 2015, 02:56:09 PM »
Hey there! How have ya'll been? i wanted to stop by to say hi to the handful thats left :D

cant believe im making a post after all these years. I dont even think ive made a new post since the forum migration; which props to all the people that were involved in that and those that still keeping the YL community up.

You know its kind of groundbreaking IMO that a community like this is still around. The old traditional forums just didnt fair well with the changing times of social media, but its impressive to see that even a few people post here every now and then and i think theres still a few extra lurkers like me that have been here and just not posted too.

oh soo.. For those that dont know me... im brad.. ive been a forum member since early 2006. and i remained active on this forum probably up until after the fansite was made transitioning to YUIs Hiatus. and from there ive lurked around, but stayed mainly in the background and tried to remain in touch with all the current Admins. but these few years probably even less than that so my apologies... :/

i really grew up in this place... from my late teens to my early 20s, this place really allowed me to meet so many people. I remember back in the golden prime days people organized huge meets up... get together from around the world.. plan trips to japan... meet.. sing.. all the above.. i think as a community YL did a real positive role in YUIs popularity. and in the end.. we really did it! some of us got to meet her.. i think personally that was my happiest forum accomplishment.... just to think something so small starting a "Do as infinity" Subgroup.. which evolved into YL community who actually get to meet the artist.. and tie ourselves to them.

Ahhhhh... those good ol days... i really do miss it...Even though it doesnt look like ive been here, i want ya'll to know im actually still around! lol.. now i dont read every topic... nor do i even follow with yui that detailed anymore, just some major news that pop up on my newfeed on fb that really bring me to here to get the in depth info... but YL is still my home page and i see it every time i open my browser :P

I think one of my fears is that ill return here one day and everything would be gone, even though i feels its inevitable that it will happen.. and im honestly not doing anything to prevent it... knowing that still is unsettling.. but hey thats life.. even Yui is pretty much retired now... overall... this fandom has really surpassed expectations... and the fact that we were able to remain active after the hiatuses and even retirement.. shows that people arent just here for YUI anymore.. its for the community that has developed..

I guess i should wrap this up haha.. I wanted to thank everyone thats still admin of this place and keeping it alive for me and all those people that still lurk.. i also wanna thank all the handful of people that stop by still.

Oohhh also the title says AMA lol... which for anyone that reddit means Ask Me Anything.. if any of you guys want to know some forum history.. or anything about me.. feel free to ask... if not.. feel free to say hi :) and to all those lurkers still lurking... recover those passwords and drop by again.

Also.. come this Xmas is YUI-lovers 10 year anniversary :D

Offline GC.

Re: heyy... its old forum member brad - AMA
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 12:21:43 AM »
Hey Brad, how are you doing?? :3

"昨日を愛せるように今日を生きよう 明日も同じ気持ちでいたいから。"
"In order to love yesterday, let's live today without regrets. I want to live tomorrow with the same feeling as well."

Offline br4d137

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 12:50:46 AM »
heyyy GC :D

lol glad someones still around. Im doing well! Just living life and traveling..

how have u been?

Offline Kikino!

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2015, 07:36:58 AM »
10 years damn xD

Offline Deenz

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 09:05:48 PM »
I hope this forum lives on.

Offline dragoonicmaxv2

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 06:58:55 PM »
wew, hi too :D just got notification about this thread. make me feel nostalgic

Offline uko

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 12:46:20 AM »
When's the 10 year anniversary of YUI-Lover? Soon right? Haha

Offline br4d137

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2015, 01:36:23 AM »
dec 26 2005 is when i believe it started.. i think lol

Offline aki04

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 11:33:56 PM »
oh my! the anniv is coming! any collabs???
...you're sooooo lucky you got to see YUI in person!!!
YUI Powaaaa!

Offline aron94

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2015, 03:27:18 AM »
Woahhhhh brad is still alive?! DAMN! hahah! Welcome "home"! hahah!
Good to see that you are still lurking around after so long.
I myself felt guilty too for leaving YL ever since yui's "hiatus"...
So brad, where are all ur yui collections now? Sold? Thrown away?

Offline Manuel

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2015, 04:48:34 AM »
Hey Brad!
I'm super happy to hear news from you.
Thank you very much for creating this community, in which I spent a lot of hours a few years ago!
All of my friends remember me in my teens as somebody obsessed with YUI (and they are right!), that wouldn't have been possible without all your work.
You helped me introduce to japanese music and culture, which has been pretty cool.
I am glad that you're doing fine!