Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: YUI-Lover PIcasa Pictures  (Read 1531 times)

Offline trekkie

YUI-Lover PIcasa Pictures
« on: July 18, 2012, 08:46:45 PM »
Hi all,

I was wondering who is in charge of the YUI-Lover Picasa gallery, as I have a request for the owner.

YUI's wikipedia article has been too long without a picture considering her status as one of the biggest starlets in J-pop. I was wondering if it would be possible for the owner of the gallery to change the picture permissions of one of the photos (preferably recently taken) to allow usage on the article by altering the photo reuse option.

Thanks for reading my request!  :hee

Offline uko

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2012, 11:14:49 PM »
So what you're saying is you want to use a picture from the YUI-Lover picasa gallery for the wiki article? I can download them without having any permissions...

Offline Kikino!

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 12:40:13 AM »
They added multi-instrumentalist back uh... So annoying xD

That wiki page is serious business, if you wanna change anything you need good arguments. And even with the right ones, some guys there are idiots, so good luck xD

Nobody owns that picassa album, you can just pick anything you want.
Just dont upload a silly dokutsubo picture to the wiki xD

Offline uko

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 02:21:22 AM »
That wikipedia page annoys the hell out of me. Just can't stand the wrong spelling of her name all over the page.

Offline trekkie

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 11:59:43 PM »
Quote from: "uko"
That wikipedia page annoys the hell out of me. Just can't stand the wrong spelling of her name all over the page.
Yea, I started a capitalized YUI initiative twice over the past year on that page, only to get into month long arguments each time. Very frustrating.

Quote from: "Kikino!"
That wiki page is serious business, if you wanna change anything you need good arguments. And even with the right ones, some guys there are idiots, so good luck xD
They actually don't really care if you're adding new information or other constructive stuff. I've been adding information on YUI over the past several years, and as long as you don't debate formatting, you'll stay out of trouble. It is rather funny how they debate over every tiny change tho  =P

Anyhow, thanks for the replies, I'll be placing a picture up on the ol' wiki, and hopefully, there won't be any obstacles...

Offline uko

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2012, 07:05:21 AM »
What is there to argue about, one is wrong, one is correct; Yui is wrong, YUI is correct. How the hell can that lead to a discussion...

Offline trekkie

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2012, 06:55:29 PM »
I'm going to be placing photo creds under my name but with source linking back to the main site, as the current photo permission on that Picasa page can cause some problems :hee
What is there to argue about, one is wrong, one is correct; Yui is wrong, YUI is correct. How the hell can that lead to a discussion...
It's kind of stupid in hindsight. Here's one example (which spiraled out of control by my own admission =P ): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Manual_of_Style/Japan-related_articles/Archive_25

Scroll down to "stage names". Another conversation even involved the non-capitalization of miwa...

Offline uko

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2012, 11:31:37 PM »
*insert South Park dude*

AAAND IT'S GONE

Offline trekkie

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2012, 08:32:34 AM »
*insert South Park dude*

AAAND IT'S GONE
Yup...

Offline Kikino!

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2012, 01:08:17 PM »
I really dont care abou that page, its useless. and I rather put my efforts in other things.

Offline trekkie

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2012, 01:12:42 AM »
Quote from: "Kikino!"
I really dont care abou that page, its useless. and I rather put my efforts in other things.

Other than YUI-Lover forums and site here it's probably the biggest repository of YUI information, and its often the first page people seeking information go to, so I'm hoping it serves as a springboard for new fans. But, I agree, occasionally the effort taken to update that page seems not worth it at all. My effort would probably be better spent updating the wiki here... :rolleye