Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Any Cellists  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Mysterious Guy

Any Cellists
« on: June 03, 2012, 03:29:58 AM »
Out of curiousity, does anyone play the cello here, 'cause I do.

Offline Cybergeron89

Any Cellists
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 02:34:48 PM »
What a coincidence. I just started learning Suzuki Cello School Volume 1 it from my mom; she's a cello tutor/teacher. Funny, i couldve learned this a long time ago..but i was never into it..

must keep my right shoulder as loosen as possible..!!!
Hardest instrument ive ever held compare to woodwinds...;alskdfj;asdkjf;a

Offline Mysterious Guy

Any Cellists
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 05:33:03 PM »
Cool. I've learned the cello for 8 years now, but I still am not super good at it. I'm planning to get a carbon fiber cello in the near future. Those cellos are simply extraordinary; they are virtually indestructible while maintaining decent sound quality. Unfortunately, they're also quite expensive...

Offline trekkie

Any Cellists
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 12:46:21 AM »
Quote from: "Mysterious Guy"
Cool. I've learned the cello for 8 years now, but I still am not super good at it. I'm planning to get a carbon fiber cello in the near future. Those cellos are simply extraordinary; they are virtually indestructible while maintaining decent sound quality. Unfortunately, they're also quite expensive...
8 years here as well! Hehe, carbon fiber cellos are definitely cool, but aren't they like over 5k USD?

Offline MonkOfWar

Any Cellists
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 03:08:00 AM »
Tried playing the opening for Game of Thrones yet?

Offline Mysterious Guy

Any Cellists
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2012, 01:37:20 AM »
Nope. I don't know much about the Game of Thrones in the first place besides the fact that its a book, a movie, and will be a video game. I assume you are talking the opening for the movie right?

Offline MonkOfWar

Any Cellists
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2012, 04:39:28 PM »
Nope. I don't know much about the Game of Thrones in the first place besides the fact that its a book, a movie, and will be a video game. I assume you are talking the opening for the movie right?
It's a TV series made by HBO. Game of Thrones is a TV adaptation of the book series A Song of Ice and Fire. For the books, GOT is only the name of the first book. But for TV, the whole series is called GOT. There are some folks out there on Youtube who do violin covers of the opening.

Offline Mysterious Guy

Any Cellists
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 05:03:12 AM »
Quote from: "trekkie"
8 years here as well! Hehe, carbon fiber cellos are definitely cool, but aren't they like over 5k USD?
Nice! BTW Carbon fiber cellos are actually 7k+ USD.  :sry

@MonkOfWar: I might check it out sometime later depending on how it'll sound on the cello.

Offline j.k

Any Cellists
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 02:21:08 PM »

@MonkOfWar: I might check it out sometime later depending on how it'll sound on the cello.
he said "over 5k USD"

7k+ USD is within the range of "over 5k USD".

Offline trekkie

Any Cellists
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 12:09:55 AM »
Quote from: "MonkOfWar"

Sure, if you have the music sheets :P

It's a TV series made by HBO. Game of Thrones is a TV adaptation of the book series A Song of Ice and Fire.

I've only watched the first few episodes (please allow me to hijack this thread for a moment xD), but how far into the books have the TV episodes got to?

There are some folks out there on Youtube who do violin covers of the opening.

Interesting, the OP seems to be made for cello though.

Offline MonkOfWar

Any Cellists
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 03:29:45 AM »

It's a TV series made by HBO. Game of Thrones is a TV adaptation of the book series A Song of Ice and Fire.

I've only watched the first few episodes (please allow me to hijack this thread for a moment xD), but how far into the books have the TV episodes got to?

There are some folks out there on Youtube who do violin covers of the opening.

Interesting, the OP seems to be made for cello though.

Unfortunately no..... I don't know if HBO or the original composer Ramin Djawadi will make an official music book! I don't think it's made for guitar.

There are currently two seasons of GoT with 10 episodes each. The first one is already out on DVD/BD. The second one just finished on cable TV (and we watched it through ahem.... other means.)

Each season covers one book. So GoT season 2 on TV covers Song of Ice and Fire book 2: A Clash of Kings. GoT season 3 (for book 3: A Storm of Swords) is gonna start filming soon.

There are five books out so far, and GRR Martin the author plans two more to complete the saga. I got no idea how they will fit in the larger stories into 10 episodes though. Most of the TV series follows the books pretty closely but they change some parts like who lives and dies or certain events.

Offline Mysterious Guy

Any Cellists
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2012, 12:16:10 PM »
Quote from: "j.k"

he said "over 5k USD"

7k+ USD is within the range of "over 5k USD".
Well, saying 7k+ is more closer to the actual number so it allows for a better idea of what the price is.