Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Before Practicing  (Read 633 times)

Offline Mirytie

Before Practicing
« on: May 23, 2012, 07:41:20 AM »
Hi,
I play guitar...it's been 3 months now. Per day, I can play more than 80 minutes so my hand got a little tired at first but now the doc. said I have tendinitis (that's a problem in the tendon) because I did the same movements for a long time. She said I can't play until the tendon is better again but I'm afraid to get injured again and, since I have violin's concerts so I can't afford to stay still (plus I really missed playing guitar for that time XD ).

I read on other forums that there are ways to avoid these injuries by doing some warm up before playing like...with our hands and so...?

I would like to know if any of you already had this or other similar problem and how to solve/avoid it. Also...
how the hell will I do a hand warm up?  @@

Offline j.k

Before Practicing
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 05:43:21 PM »
mm I think it has a lot to do with your playing style. Try not to bend your wrist too much. and also just relax when you play~ the stiffness will make you tired real quick.

and stop playing the moment your wrist hurts, you dont wanna risk it =)

edit : as for warm ups, just do scale runs, spider movements and all that. It's kinda boring, so what i do is choose a few songs, at just the right difficulty, and play =) just relax, and have fun. if you tense up too much, well to put it short, its bad in every way. so, relax~!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 05:50:36 PM by j.k »

Offline Mirytie

Before Practicing
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 09:26:51 PM »
Quote from: "j.k"
mm I think it has a lot to do with your playing style. Try not to bend your wrist too much. and also just relax when you play~ the stiffness will make you tired real quick.

and stop playing the moment your wrist hurts, you dont wanna risk it =)

edit : as for warm ups, just do scale runs, spider movements and all that. It's kinda boring, so what i do is choose a few songs, at just the right difficulty, and play =) just relax, and have fun. if you tense up too much, well to put it short, its bad in every way. so, relax~!
Thank you very much  :gboy
I really do get a little tense when I play  :what
I'll try to play less, too