Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Taylor Swift  (Read 2363 times)

Offline kawaii_yumi

Taylor Swift
« on: April 20, 2012, 05:14:14 PM »
Do you know Taylor Swift? She's a American Country singer-songwriter! One of my favorite songs on Taylor Swift is Mean, Fearless, Crazier, White Horse, Love Story (i know u know this song), Mine and You Belong with Me... She's a great singer! What do you think of her?? if she's great or something?? :)

Attachments:

Offline gotchi

Taylor Swift
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 03:18:07 AM »
I m aware of her...I actualy stopped listening to North American music for a while...but i hear names and see videos since..i love in North america...

I actually really love the theme song she worked on with The Civil Wars for The Hunger Games movie "Safe & Sound" ...perfect and fitting for the story....

she's talented but I dont really listen to her much.....i respect her

Offline ShizukaSakura

Taylor Swift
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 06:06:00 PM »
I like her work but I only pop in and out occasionally when I hear her work. Safe and Sound is a unique creation. ^^

Offline dksilang20

Taylor Swift
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 09:18:09 PM »
i know her.. she's quite popular i think.. :rolleye
i listen to some of her songs once in a while and some of 'em are good songs (both sound and lyrics)..
i think she makes good music and she has her style...
yeah..but, i'm not really an avid fan.. lol...  :YUIFace
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:26:12 PM by dksilang20 »

Offline KiM

Taylor Swift
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 09:33:34 PM »
I do listen to her.

Her voice is great and unique but...

Her songs all sound the same, every song, so they work great as background music while working, not very distracting.
(YUI's songs are too awesome, too distracting to listen to while working.)
Another thing.. I think her songwriting skill is not that good...
Not much variety, not many rhyme in the lyric...

Don't get me wrong, I do like her but... yeah...
Just my 2 cents.

Offline demon2

Taylor Swift
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 06:31:35 AM »
she is alright i guess. i sometimes listen to her, but i am not a huge country-music lover. she is like the only country singer i listen too.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 06:32:03 AM by demon2 »

Offline kawaii_yumi

Taylor Swift
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 11:47:13 PM »
is that so?? :) well it's ok... i understand ur opinions... :)
i like country music (not a huge like)... i thought that country music is relating to us i mean our lives... BTW i really dont know what country music is... but i thought country music is ralating us on our lives... (hihihi sorry not great in english...) :sry  :sry  :sry

Offline gotchi

Taylor Swift
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2012, 04:54:52 PM »
Hm i think when Westerners refer to "country" music we talk more about the Southern American states like Texas, nashville, louisana etc. It's like the style of singing, types of instruments and the topics they sing about....think like american cowboy/folk music

the only other "country" singers i know..and listen to a few songs from back in the day includes: Leanne Rhimes, The Dixie Chicks, Faith Hill, Tim McGraw, Shania Twain, Carrie Underwood ....even Kelly Clarkson has a bit of a country soul in her...Michelle Branch when she worked in her group The Wreckers, it was a country album too kinda...but a lot of these i've listed do lean to more of the pop/rock? side of things just like Taylor Swift

i'm not super familiar in this area either lol...but its all good

Offline StargirlYUISea

Taylor Swift
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2012, 02:08:06 PM »
HAVE YOU GUYS LISTENED TO HER NEW ALBUM RED :suki  

Which songs are your top five? Mine are:
1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together
2. State of Grace
3.The Last Time
4. Begin Again
5. Stay Stay Stay

Offline summersong

Taylor Swift
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 11:25:37 AM »
I'm actually a fan of hers, but I'm no super fan. Her songs are worth listening to if you want something soothing to listen. Her country style and American sweet heart personality makes her popular in my opinion. Her "country style" music is considered half country half pop. It's just ... err ... an American thing that difficult to explain.

Country music originated in the "south" side of America. I live in the midwest area/north, so I only have a clear understanding of rap, jazz, rock and pop. But country music does convey life just like how the Japanese express in their songs. Country uses instruments such as the banjo, fiddles and harmonica, and when they sing their syllabus are exaggerated and long. It's their "accent" that makes their song so country but people out of America rarely recognize it.

Offline twentyfive

Taylor Swift
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 09:21:13 PM »
The new album is LOVE.  :suki

So far, RED = Fearless > Speak Now > Taylor Swift.

It's too hard to pick 5 favourites from the album, so I'll go with 8.  :P
In no particular order: State of Grace, Red, I Knew You Were Trouble, I Almost Do, 22, The Last Time (feat. Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol), The Moment I Knew, Begin Again.

The acoustic version of State of Grace is worth a listen too. ;)

I kinda have a love-hate relationship with We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together: on some days I find it extremely catchy and on others it's like meh. :/

Offline damn

Taylor Swift
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2013, 10:48:46 PM »
I cannot stand Taylor Swift.
I need to make a Metallica Thread or something soon B)