Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Films that made you cry, what are they?  (Read 3126 times)

Offline br4d137

Films that made you cry, what are they?
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 12:44:38 AM »
being a guy i think i do pretty well with keeping my tears back. I can count the movies i cried in and the exact scenes lol.. i dont cry every time i watch it.. just that once.

Gladiator - the part where he finds his wife and kid hung and tortured and stuff

Up - We all know the part

Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (Ano Hana) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ano_Hi_Mita_Hana_no_Namae_o_Bokutachi_wa_Mada_Shiranai - the ending followed by the theme song of the show is really moving. That theme song is like made perfectly to make people cry lol.. my heart still sinks every time i hear it..

This one episode in ER one of the final ones i think.. it was when an old man was near the death bed of his wife and she dies and hes saying how hes not ready to be alone, hes not ready to live life with her, we are still too young for this... lol i dont even watch ER, but i was flipping channels one day and decided just to leave it on there...

old people suffering makes me cry the most i think :/
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 12:46:07 AM by br4d137 »

Offline ShizukaSakura

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 09:04:07 PM »
1 Litre of Tears

At most is the only thing that made me shed a tears or two.

Offline Mysterious Guy

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 05:20:00 AM »
For me, I never actually cried a lot for any movie (not kidding). The one and only movie that I cried a bit/almost cried is Taiyou no Uta (the version with YUI). However, when I was like 5th or 6th grade, I cried in this Call of Duty 3 scene where there was a explosion that severely wounded a guy, but he still kept going and defused a demolition charge that was going to kill the squad and destroy the bridge, thus saving them and dying shortly afterwards. Now that I think of it, I think it was kinda ridiculous of me to cry at that part...

Offline GC.

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »
Show me any movie that is relatively sad and I'll 100% guarantee that I'll cry.

"昨日を愛せるように今日を生きよう 明日も同じ気持ちでいたいから。"
"In order to love yesterday, let's live today without regrets. I want to live tomorrow with the same feeling as well."

Offline kawaii_yumi

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2012, 01:44:12 PM »
Tada Kimi wo Aishiteru (Heavenly Forest) *i cry so much when i heard Shizuru is dead... GREAT STORY!!*
Taiyou no Uta (Midnight Sun/Song to the Sun) *i cry super when Kaoru is dead and singing Good-bye Days!! OUTSTANDING STORY!!!*

Offline aliya_hudi97

« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2012, 10:39:34 PM »
too much of 'em...can't remember. But recently I cry while watching Mars Needs Moms....the part where Milo's mom sacrifice her life to save her son from die due to lack of oxygen.. :cry
YUI - 1st | 乃木坂46 - 2nd | SKE48 - 3rd

Offline demon2

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 01:50:48 AM »
Quote from: "aliya_hudi97"
too much of 'em...can't remember. But recently I cry while watching Mars Needs Moms....the part where Milo's mom sacrifice her life to save her son from die due to lack of oxygen.. :cry
Mars Needs Moms made you cry. funniest thing i have seen so far. that was one piece of crap movie.

for me, there are like 10 movies that made me cry and one of them is Taiyō no Uta.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:51:13 AM by demon2 »

Offline dksilang20

« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 01:41:01 AM »
hmm.. i'm not really much of a crier esp. for movies..  :rolleye
so the very first time when a real teardrop came out of my eyes coz of a film was quite memorable..
"The Legend of 1900" was the culprit..
one more thing though, i remembered the teardrop falling just in time when the credits came out and not exactly during the film.. and it was literally just a teardrop... lol.. don't really know why it happened that way..  :YUIFace
but yeah that was memorable, the story was pretty good and well, sad, esp. for a music lover/player like me...

hachiko really got me too, but only almost... coz unfortunately, i was watching it with a lot of other people so i guess my tears got shy and didn't really get to surface out.. lol..

for anime, i will never forget how fullmetal alchemist, esp. brotherhood got me... i've never been so satisfied in my lifetime that i took the time to watch the whole of both versions...  :good

so that's in my list for now.... :D

Offline Rolling Rain

« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2013, 10:07:45 PM »
not many  as I see films once in a blue moon,but the film which made a flood of tears come out of  my eyes is Titanic

It will always remain immortal in my heart.................

Offline weirdmedol

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2013, 10:49:04 PM »
some korean super sad movies made my eye teary but i always try to hold my tears back since the idea of crying over a movie to me is just lame. even if having to deal with that stuck-kinda-stone in my throat. lol
« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 10:52:41 PM by weirdmedol »

Offline zuhairi

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2013, 12:41:43 AM »
1 Litre of Tears..started crying on 4th episode..haha

Taiyou no Uta on the last part when Goodbye Days starts.

And another k-movie which I can't remember the title. A story of a brother (with down syndrome) taking care of his little sister (they are orphan). Making breakfast, selling pies at school but his sister didn't like him much. Finally he's dead protecting his sister. If this ring a bell please tell me the titles..hehe
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 12:54:13 PM by zuhairi »

Offline damn

« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2013, 03:15:18 PM »
Quote from: "gotchi"
1) The Lion King (- when Mufasa dies, I watched this movie as a kid 3 times in theatres, my favorite)
Dammit...why does everyone always seems to remember Mufasa dying but not Bambi's Mom dying? :D

I thought the latter was alot sadder and far more shocking...cuz when you think about it that kind of stuff happens in real life...Hunters kill Animals all the time
That stuff was so cruel when i saw it as a kid...whereas Mufasa dying seemed to me more Hollywood-esque and Melodramatic...plus I always thought Mufasa was kind of a jerk to his Brother Scar...but that's just me
And it never seemed like Simba spend that much time with Mufasa when compared to Bambi with his Mom

Anyways none of these ever made me cry even though they were sad...no film has actually made me cry...i don't know maybe i'm just not that sensitive? Maybe it's because of all the horrible accidents that have happened in my life that i'm not sensitive anymore? I dunno

The closest thing I would say that has ever gotten me to cry though...has to be that scene where Alice(from Disney's Alice in Wonderland) is lost in some Woods in Wonderland and as the Darkness surrounds her she starts crying wanting to go home
That I can identify with cuz when I was 8 years old I got lost at Sea...and even though it was broad daylight i felt as if darkness surrounded me everywhere and i couldn't see my parents everywhere...and i was crying all the time being afraid that i will never get home...man i hope that never happens to anyone it was horrible
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 03:17:19 PM by damn »

Offline SLADE RAISER

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2014, 02:15:25 PM »
In no particular order:

The Lord of the Rings trilogy
Harry Potter series
Schindler's List
Spider-Man
12 Years A Slave

Offline damn

« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 10:15:47 AM »
Quote from: "SLADE RAISER"
Spider-Man
Really? What was so sad about this movie?
Don't tell me Uncle Ben's Death? Cuz it was actually funny seeing Toby Maguire keep crying while saying "UNCLEEEEEEEE BEEEEEEEEEN!" Repeatedly
Damn...I forgot how annoying Toby Maguire was
He was so bad in this movie

Anyways...when I think about it...I'd cry watching this movie too....I'd cry that I wasted 2 hours of my life in this awful movie
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 10:17:47 AM by damn »

Offline Rolling Rain

« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 08:33:29 PM »

Whats wrong about crying on Spider-Man?!
I always cry when I hear that a new installment of the movie is coming up...
please any SM fan here don't take me wrong for this but I absolutely hate Spider-man