Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: How to watch your YUI videos on your BIG screen TV  (Read 1047 times)

Offline bleach86

How to watch your YUI videos on your BIG screen TV
« on: September 10, 2011, 08:39:19 PM »
Hi YLers

I just wanted to share a cool lil gadget called the WDTV Live HD. Have you ever wondered what it would be like to watch all the cool HD YUI vids on your TV? well the WDTV Live is your answer!!! The WDTV is a media player that lets you play videos, pictures and music in all different file formats onto your TV! Of course there are other ways to put YUI vids onto TV like hooking up your PC to the TV or what I used to do convert videos and burn onto DVDs what a pain in the a** that was! LOL

The WDTV Live makes watching Videos on TV a lot more easier and all those High Def video look even more awesome on a High Def TV ... this is something I would recommend not just for watching YUI vids but also watching downloaded movies.

The WDTV Live HD with remote. The lil unit has many ports can take optical sound, HDMI, component, RGB composite, usb for external HDDs, ethernet port for network connection and can also take wifi adaptor to stream content from PC or NAS hard drive.

Some bad quality pics of WDTV Live in action taken with my iPod touch  :what

If you have any questions please reply or your thoughts ... I'm a full on geek so ask me anything lol  =P

Offline trekkie

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 12:20:28 AM »
It costs over a hundred bucks  :shock

I'd rather spend that money on it's happy line if someone's willing to sell it :hee

Offline CHU-LIP

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 12:35:55 AM »
I just plug in my external hard-drive and play it from there... o.o

It would really help if your TV has a USB slot, 'cause then you can just plug in any flash drive or external and play the files from there.

You just have to be weary what filetype / codec your TV uses to play the files.
I'll be→ ♪ 「もし孤独に負けそうならねぇ、好きな歌を聴いてみてほしい」

♥ → ♪last.fm → ×twitter → ♫NICOとニュース

Offline gotchi

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 07:38:47 AM »
Yeah my friend has that. It's pretty good cos it recognizes .srt files too~ which my PS3 nor Xbox 360 can't do....

Otherwise, it's really simple for me to output from my Macbook pro too.

I keep forgetting about watching my YUI HD video files on a TV though haha..its like i instantly watch it at my monitor and store anyway...

I think I'll just drop some files into a USB and watch off my PS3 now! ^__^

Offline MonkOfWar

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 08:06:28 PM »
Hook up your laptop to your TV with a HDMI cable. Drag the media player to the TV. Expand and enjoy.

Offline trekkie

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2011, 09:30:19 PM »
Quote from: "MonkOfWar"
Hook up your laptop to your TV with a HDMI cable. Drag the media player to the TV. Expand and enjoy.
The point of buying this is to save yourself the need to connect your laptop to the TV :p

Offline bleach86

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 09:35:46 PM »
@trekkie yea forgot mention it costs around 100 US not that cheap i know ... add another zero for IHL single   =P  

@CHU-LIP yea i have the usb function on my tv too but only plays certain formats ... its good for watching downloaded tv shows but not other files like vob files ... but ur right u could always convert files

@gotchi yea it plays subtitles ... pretty cool and can also switch audio languages if they are available! PS3 is also a very good media player ... but i don't have one so i bought wdtv lol

@MonkOfWar yea if ur pc is close to the tv it would work ... but my mac is in my room and tv is in living room ... so i use it to stream vids from my mac to TV ... but a hdmi cable is way cheaper and if you don't mind moving the pc closer to tv still works!