Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Learning Guitar  (Read 749 times)

Offline dankosoul

Learning Guitar
« on: September 08, 2011, 07:32:28 AM »
Am trying to learn guitar on my own, any tips on learning? Is there certain things i should focus more first when starting? I think i want to learn to read music sheet rather than tab for future it will be better. I'm definitely wanting to cover YUI's songs later on when i get better ^_^"

Offline aron94

Learning Guitar
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 07:12:54 AM »
For me, I learned the basic 4 chords first. D,E,G,C. you can play asong with that! and maybe work on your strumming. :D then after you feel comfortable with the 4 chords, then change to barre chords or even more complicated chords.

Offline hbdcrKevin

Learning Guitar
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 09:37:52 AM »
Hi dankosoul,

If you go to the main menu and look down to the "General" section, you'll find a sub-section called "Guitar talk."  There is a LOT of really good info in those threads.  It should at least be able to get you started.  

Then when you have specific questions there are lots of guitar players here of all levels that can answer specific questions for you.

Here's that sub-section:
http://s14.zetaboards.com/YUI_Lover/forum/14487/

Have fun!

Offline dankosoul

Learning Guitar
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 01:31:00 PM »
Thanks you two, also thanks for the link makes it easier ^_^" Will learn the 4 chords to a point where i can change smoothly then keep moving forward.